Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 541 to 560 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

541. Posted:

Got a 4th Gen Ipod Touch. Downloaded Plants vs. Zombies and Angry Birds instantly. :3

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

pixelman

542. Posted:

Canabalt. Get it, or you are shunned forever! >:3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

543. Posted:

Maybe when I get more money... and all of the good games I could get start to die down. ;P

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

544. Posted:

TILT TO LIVE!

At the very least, I think there's a light free version, which you may actually find sufficent. It only has one of the 4 modes (and probably doesn't have the option to in-app purchase a 5th mode like the full version), but it's pretty much the mode this game was built off of, so yeah. LIGHT VERSION IS FREEEEE!!!

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Roopa132

545. Posted:

Tap Studio 3 is free at the moment and it's great.
You can make Guitar Hero-like songs yourself with the music on your iThingy

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage

Xkhaoz

546. Posted:

You lucky [USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage

J-Forest-Esq

547. Posted:

http://www.freeappaday.com/

They're not always great, but every so often a gem pops up.

"I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together. OK, 3, 2, 1, let's jam."
I've brought the blade, you bring the claws!

AuthorMessage

SilverBaretta

548. Posted:

I just recently bought an iPhone, and I have to say, while I don't feel like I'm going to play it as a dedicated handheld gaming system, there's some good stuff on the App Store. I only really care for the legitimate non-Flash-game-type stuff, though. (Well, that and NinJump) Examples include: Infinity Blade, BIT.TRIP BEAT, and Mega Man II, although the difficulty was scaled way down on that.

Edited on by SilverBaretta

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual quality! (Still a little choppy though)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

549. Posted:

Bit.Trip Beat and Mega Man II on the iPhone suck, IMO.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magi

550. Posted:

WinPho7 is getting Doodle Jump, geoDefense, Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1, and Hydro Thunder Go.

edit: with the obligatory Xbox Live Achievements that go with them.

Edited on by Magi

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

551. Posted:

C/D: Tomena Sanner is avail on iPhone/Droid/BB???

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

552. Posted:

New obsession: Tiny Wings. It's incredibly addictive, and absolutely perfect for the iStuff. It's also been number 1 for over a week, being only the second game I can think of that was not on sale to dethrone some form of Angry Birds from the top within the last year (the other was Cut the Rope).

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SilverBaretta

553. Posted:

@Mickeymac: Eh, I like them.

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual quality! (Still a little choppy though)

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

554. Posted:

Bit.Trip Beat is arguably more playable than its Wiiware counterpart (plus is has more harder levels available), but yeah MM2 is atrocious on iPhone. Then again, everything is worse on iPhone than it is on anything else.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. Link to follow once I resurrect my dead website. - www.facebook.com/vintgames

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

555. Posted:

Bit Trip Beat is impossible to play on the go, which to me defeats the entire point of playing it on the iPhone.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

556. Posted:

@Mickey - my nigh-perfect scores on all 3 regular stages obtained during a flight would beg to disagree...are you saying the motion/turbulence of being on the road/in the air makes accurate tilt too difficult? I personally had no trouble at all and it felt exactly the same as playing it sitting on my chair at my apartment....maybe I just had a lucky mostly-turbulence-free flight though.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. Link to follow once I resurrect my dead website. - www.facebook.com/vintgames

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

557. Posted:

I tried sitting in a car and playing it and the twists and turns and bumps made it tough to play. I can't imagine how it would be on the bus (not that I would ever bring an iPod touch on the bus).

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pixelman

558. Posted:

Swerd_Murd wrote:

everything is worse on iPhone than it is on anything else.

Swerd_Murd wrote:

Bit.Trip Beat is arguably more playable than its Wiiware counterpart

lol, apparently not. :3

World of Goo on iPad is a good example — high-definition multi-touching goo > pointing at it.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

559. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

World of Goo on iPad is a good example — high-definition multi-touching goo > pointing at it.

And the Wireless mouse beats all.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pixelman

560. Posted:

Wireless mouse doesn't have multitouch, and you don't get to FEEL THE GOO AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. The iPad version is sooooo gooooo-d.

I'm serious though, dragging with a mouse will never feel as natural as actually doing it. It does give you a bit more pixel-perfect precision, but when I need to build structures fast I'd rather have the more reliable precision of my fingers.