Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,099

SuperMarioFan96

TILT TO LIVE!

At the very least, I think there's a light free version, which you may actually find sufficent. It only has one of the 4 modes (and probably doesn't have the option to in-app purchase a 5th mode like the full version), but it's pretty much the mode this game was built off of, so yeah. LIGHT VERSION IS FREEEEE!!!

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

SilverBaretta

I just recently bought an iPhone, and I have to say, while I don't feel like I'm going to play it as a dedicated handheld gaming system, there's some good stuff on the App Store. I only really care for the legitimate non-Flash-game-type stuff, though. (Well, that and NinJump) Examples include: Infinity Blade, BIT.TRIP BEAT, and Mega Man II, although the difficulty was scaled way down on that.

Edited on by SilverBaretta

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStormGaming]Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual qualit...

Magi

WinPho7 is getting Doodle Jump, geoDefense, Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1, and Hydro Thunder Go.

edit: with the obligatory Xbox Live Achievements that go with them.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

SuperMarioFan96

New obsession: Tiny Wings. It's incredibly addictive, and absolutely perfect for the iStuff. It's also been number 1 for over a week, being only the second game I can think of that was not on sale to dethrone some form of Angry Birds from the top within the last year (the other was Cut the Rope).

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

SilverBaretta

@Mickeymac: Eh, I like them.

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStormGaming]Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual qualit...

SwerdMurd

Bit.Trip Beat is arguably more playable than its Wiiware counterpart (plus is has more harder levels available), but yeah MM2 is atrocious on iPhone. Then again, everything is worse on iPhone than it is on anything else.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

SwerdMurd

@Mickey - my nigh-perfect scores on all 3 regular stages obtained during a flight would beg to disagree...are you saying the motion/turbulence of being on the road/in the air makes accurate tilt too difficult? I personally had no trouble at all and it felt exactly the same as playing it sitting on my chair at my apartment....maybe I just had a lucky mostly-turbulence-free flight though.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

CanisWolfred

I tried sitting in a car and playing it and the twists and turns and bumps made it tough to play. I can't imagine how it would be on the bus (not that I would ever bring an iPod touch on the bus).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Swerd_Murd wrote:

everything is worse on iPhone than it is on anything else.

Swerd_Murd wrote:

Bit.Trip Beat is arguably more playable than its Wiiware counterpart

lol, apparently not. :3

World of Goo on iPad is a good example — high-definition multi-touching goo > pointing at it.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

Wireless mouse doesn't have multitouch, and you don't get to FEEL THE GOO AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. The iPad version is sooooo gooooo-d.

I'm serious though, dragging with a mouse will never feel as natural as actually doing it. It does give you a bit more pixel-perfect precision, but when I need to build structures fast I'd rather have the more reliable precision of my fingers.

retired_account

Kingbuilder

Okay, just got 4 new games (it's so difficult to prevent impulse purchases with so many good games at so cheap).

I got Infinity Blade, Papa Sangre, Zenonia, and Dark Void Zero.

They are all intensely amazing games, but the best one is definitely Papa Sangre. It's a fantastic horror-survival game, played by using only your hearing. It's fantastically unique and actually pretty dang frightening at times. It's incredibly difficult to explain, but I think this guy does it semi-well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbt8JPqziHw

Now my favorite Touch game alongside Plants vs. Zombies.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

JonWahlgren

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

New obsession: Tiny Wings. It's incredibly addictive, and absolutely perfect for the iStuff. It's also been number 1 for over a week, being only the second game I can think of that was not on sale to dethrone some form of Angry Birds from the top within the last year (the other was Cut the Rope).

Came here to post this. I found it at the top of the chart last night and downloaded it out of curiosity, and man is it awesome. Easily up there with the best of iOS.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

cheapogamer4life

Corbs wrote:

Here's 10 iPhone games I consider must-haves:

• Doodle Jump
  • League of Evil
  • Angry Birds
  • Cut the Rope
  • Dodonpachi Resurrection
  • Labyrinth 2
  • One Button Bob
  • Soosiz
  • Squareball
  • Osmos

if only....

any Android recommendations?
free or pay games welcome.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

HolyMackerel

@cheapo Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons are both available on Android for free. I also enjoyed Alchemy and Need For Speed Shift. As for paid games, there's this really awesome looking tactical RPG going for ~$20. I might pick it up but I'm on the fence due to the price.

HolyMackerel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.