Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,099

Bankai

Swerd_Murd wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Swerd_Murd wrote:

everything is worse on iPhone than it is on anything else.

Swerd_Murd wrote:

Bit.Trip Beat is arguably more playable than its Wiiware counterpart

lol, apparently not. :3.

I chose those words for a reason. It's more playable due to the better tilt threshold than the odd-feeling wiimote-spin tilt. Unfortunately, it looks worse, crashes, and the music and gameplay lose sync occaisionally making any of the add-on levels impossible. If the add-on levels didn't exist, I'd still be hard-pressed not to recommend the Wii version.

World of Goo didn't do anything for me on Wii or PC....using my overpriced touch-screen friendly device to make semi-physical contact with arbitrary blobs of boredom while solving offensively simple puzzles doesn't sound like it'd be any better

Gotta respect you for attempting that self-contradiction quote though...it almost worked

Civilisation Revolution is at its best on iPad.

Bankai

Just a couple of recommendations from me, based on what I've been playing and reviewing recently:

Tactical Solider: Undead Rising is really good fun, if a little short for a Tactics RPG. Highly recommended - especially on iPad.

Bird Zapper is just awesome. Everything about it tells me it deserves to be the next Angry Birds.

Also, I dunno if anyone's heard of this one, but it's been around for a while - a little game called Ascendancy is a bit like a galatic version of Civilisation, with huge depth and really intuitive, challenging gameplay.

Edited on by Bankai

Kingbuilder

Anyone know if Mission Europa is worth getting? It's getting pretty positive reviews at most places like TouchArcade and from user reviews on the App Store, yet many reviewers are also giving it negative reception. I'm kinda thinking about getting it, but I'd like to hear some partially reliable input first, lol. D:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

Also, I dunno if anyone's heard of this one, but it's been around for a while - a little game called Ascendancy is a bit like a galatic version of Civilisation, with huge depth and really intuitive, challenging gameplay.

I didn't know Ascendency was on there. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I myself have a copy that I've never actually played. I'll have to get to that sometime, I've been playing a lot of Civilization lately.

And speaking of space 4X games, I hope Master of Orion comes to the iDevices, too, or at least to the iPad.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Moco_Loco

If you are in the US and have an Android phone, Flight Control is today's free paid app on the Amazon Appstore. Heck, if you're in the US and have an Android phone, check the Amazon Appstore every day for the free paid app. There have been quite a few gems already. Just be careful in the rest of the store, as you have to enable one-click.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

Kingbuilder

Cave has made a great sale for iDevices lowering all of the prices by 4$.

http://www.cave-world.com/en/sp/1stanniversary-sale/

Espgaluda II: 8.99 -> 4.99
Dodonpachi Resurrection: 8.99 -> 4.99
Mushihemesama Bug Panic: 4.99 -> 0.99

I recommend you all to check out Cave's games because, for the most part, they are all quality and worth your money. Plus, they specialize in flash bullet hell-style games and you can't go wrong with those. ;P

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

RoyalBlur

WaltzElf wrote:

Anyone else have Game Center? :-/

I'm WaltzIT on it. It's more fun with friends!

I'm on the Game Center. I think my name is something along the lines of TruFaith, OtakuMei, TokyoOtakuMei or TokyoOtaku.

Here is another great game from the people who brought us Zenonia!
[youtube:i_kPcowYcz8]

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Jango-Forest

Bug Heroes is free for "a limited time only". Haven't played it myself yet, but it's meant to be one of the better dual stick shooters available on the app store combining "rpg elements, tower defense, action and adventure."
So, yeah, just saying.
EDIT: Also "World Of Goo" has just come out for the iphone/ipod touch, and is 59p for, again, a "limited time only".

Edited on by Jango-Forest

Jango-Forest

retired_account

Asphalt 6 is only 99c right now. I'm going to jump on that later today. :3

Oh yeah, and WoG is insanely good. Get it.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

Asphalt 6 is awesome. It's crazy fast, and eliminating other cars is soooo much fun. xD Lots of cars and customization. Online works good too, though the beginner cars can't really keep up with the others.

You'd be crazy not to pick this up while it's at 99 cents.

Only issues are that the framerate could be smoother on iPad 1, and the drift mechanic feels kinda choppy.

retired_account

RoyalBlur

I just downloaded Skydiver Drop Zone and boy is this game epic. I'm really enjoing it. BTW guys my GameCenter name is actually OtakuMei.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

ASDFGHJKL

Awesome Games:

Forget-Me-Not: Pure retro action at its best. Imagine pacman. Now imagine a more action packed and refined pacman. Now imagine it combined with an endless roguelike game, with its own interesting mechanics thrown into the mix. Youve got an insanely fun game with a presentation that truly nails the retro feel. Get it. Now.

Hot Springs Story: Sure, its not as relatable as Game Dev Story, but it sure is much deeper. Suprisingly deep from the look of the game. Managing targets, investment options, upgrading facilities, placing facilities in the perfect strategic position, adding adequate scenery, adding effects to facilities to attract certain audiences, seperating sections dedicated to audiences, using items to upgrade facilities, managing price vs. popularity, appealing to magazines, etc. Sure it may not be as deep to people who are really into sim games, but this one is still very fun and approachable. Definitely a buy.

World of Goo: Do I really need to explain this? Its 99 cents, just get this amazing piece of code.

Also, it seems like the new NOVA game will only be multiplayer (this not yet confirmed). If this is true, then Gameloft has a winner. That would rock my world.

@Pixy: Is Asphalt 6 that good? Ive been hesitant due to how consistant this frame rate issue has been on the entire series. I liked Asphalt 5 on my phone, but after a while I gave up due to the frame-rate. Im also wondering how it stacks up to Asphalt 3D as well...

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

@Gabe: I'm enjoying it way more than Real Racing 1, that's for sure. It's very, very arcade-y. My first impressions were typical Gameloft impressions: Framerate's a bit so-so, animation and polishing are kinda choppy, but it's hella fun at its core.

Not really sure how long it'll last me, but I definitely recommend it for 99 cents. 7 bucks? Not so much.

On a slightly related note, I just bought Knights of the Old Republic from the Mac App Store. It's awesome, and runs silky smooth on my iMac '10 most of the time. :3

retired_account

Digiki

I'll back up that Bug Heroes recommendation with another one!

It's quite awesome, the campaign involves tag-teaming with three characters, all of which are important, and it's well planned out and plays fantastically!

ASDFGHJKL

Bug Heroes is pretty great. Got it for free, but I already got one of the content packs. The Dual Stick shooter/hack and slash action blends well with the Tower Defense and lite RPG elements. Has a nice sense of strategy to it as well. Overall a great games.

Im gonna skip Asphalt 6, mostly since it just went up in price and I dont have enough credit leftover .

ASDFGHJKL

RoyalBlur

Okay, I accepted your friend request in GameCenter WaltzElf. Also, someone else added me from the boards here but I don't know who it is? Who was it?

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

retired_account

I'm having a lot of fun with Icarus-X right now. I think it's still free — if you haven't already you should definitely check it out. :3

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.