Forums

Topic: Games you disliked that everybody else liked.

Posts 141 to 160 of 242

the_truth

Borderlands.

And before anyone asks, yes, I played the entire game in co-op mode.

the_truth

SCRAPPER392

They should have name Borderlands "Boringlands". Haha. I didn't like tha game either, and by the time I had it, everyone either didn't have it or was waiting for Borderlands 2. I was so excited when I got my PS+ subscription and was getting free games or discounts left and right, but I hardly liked any of the stuff this last year. I just couldn't get into inFamous, LBP, R&C:A4O, etc. I bought tons of games on discount, but I didn't enjoy many of them, so I literally wasted AT LEAST $100 on PS+ in one year hoping it would have something I really like. Now I don't have the subscription anymore, so it really was a waste IMO.

EDIT: All in all, PS+ taught me how to subract(-) money from my wallet with no gain.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Odnetnin

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Osc-Sync wrote:

Portal/Portal 2 - I find those games to be some of the biggest bores in gaming history! All the puzzles are really simple and the dialog isn't all that good as well...WOW! A sadistic and sarcastic robot! Woo! Let me get my party hat and celebrate this new invention(!)

You know this is not invalid for your opinion. This is invalid for pretty certainly not getting why Portal is a well made game.

I have a friend who found Portal boring because you couldn't punch people. He thinks The Expendables 2 is a well-made film, however, so his opinion obviously means nothing.

Bulby wrote:

Anyway, back on topic, any game which is on iOS and Android except Age of Zombies and Plants vs Zombies, those games so much fun, but the PSN and PC versions are so much better. Other than those two, I cannot think of a phone game I would ever consider worth my time.

Because everyone else liked every other smartphone game and you didn't, despite not having played the vast majority of them.

Consider not writing off entire platforms, especially when you've already proven you could consider games on those platforms worth your time.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

SubBronze

Odnetnin wrote:

Consider not writing off entire platforms, especially when you've already proven you could consider games on those platforms worth your time.

Other than a very limited selection, 99% of all mobile games have either a superior version a real gaming platform, have versions or very similar games available for free on PC in the form of Flash games, or are complete shovelware. They are fast becoming the most popular form of gaming (unfortunately), so the general public seems to like them. I have tried the 'giants' such as Angry Birds and Cut the Rope, and I did not enjoy even one of them apart from Plants vs Zombies. Even if there is an amazing game hidden in there, I'm never going to see or pay any attention to it because of the over-saturation of the marketplace. I dislike the entire mobile gaming platform. I am sorry, but I do.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

cheetahman91

If there's any more then be sure and add them, but for now here's my list:

The main Pokemon series- I thought the gameplay was pretty boring tbh.
Earthbound- Just couldn't get into it.
Phantasy Star- Tried to get into this one several times but never could. Probably the most overrated 8-bit game ever.
Ecco the Dolphin- Never understood the appeal of this one.
Street Fighter II- Don't think that memorizing button combinations is very fun.
Revenge of Shinobi- Thought this one was way too difficult.
Banjo Kazooie- There's way better 3D platformers for the N64 and PS1.
Metroid- Another one I tried to get in to, but I couldn't handle the difficulty.
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2- Decent, but nowhere near as good as the Sonic fanboys make them out to be.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Bankai

SCAR392 wrote:

They should have name Borderlands "Boringlands". Haha. I didn't like tha game either, and by the time I had it, everyone either didn't have it or was waiting for Borderlands 2. I was so excited when I got my PS+ subscription and was getting free games or discounts left and right, but I hardly liked any of the stuff this last year. I just couldn't get into inFamous, LBP, R&C:A4O, etc. I bought tons of games on discount, but I didn't enjoy many of them, so I literally wasted AT LEAST $100 on PS+ in one year hoping it would have something I really like. Now I don't have the subscription anymore, so it really was a waste IMO.

EDIT: All in all, PS+ taught me how to subract(-) money from my wallet with no gain.

I love how you manage to go on a completely off-topic anti-Sony rant, like, half the threads you post in.

And by 'love' I do actually mean your endless propaganda reminds me of the time I had an abscess burst in my mouth and I was in so much pain I tried to pull my own teeth out.

PlayStation Plus has nothing to do with this thread.

GuardianKing

Waymores_Blues wrote:

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2- Decent, but nowhere near as good as the Sonic fanboys make them out to be.

I hate these games with a burning passion. They drive me insane with their glitches and clipping.

I absolutely cannot forgive SEGA for not putting in the least bit of effort in their supposed "HD" re-release for Steam/PSN/XBLA. Not a single glitch was fixed.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

cheetahman91

Ark_Sin wrote:

Waymores_Blues wrote:

I hate these games with a burning passion. They drive me insane with their glitches and clipping.

I absolutely cannot forgive SEGA for not putting in the least bit of effort in their supposed "HD" re-release for Steam/PSN/XBLA. Not a single glitch was fixed.

I bought Sonic Adventure for XBLA when it was on sale for $5 and I'm glad I did. There's no way it's worth the full price. And I can't believe that the Sonic fanbase wants another Adventure game. I mean really? I don't want a game that would probably only be decent at best. I think that SEGA should just stick with the Colors/Generations formula. It looks like it's the formula that's finally working out well for them.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

CanisWolfred

I highly doubt an Adventure 3 would ever happen. The guys who worked on those games don't even work there anymore, and the current top man doesn't seem interested in a "doer of many, master of none" approach to the Sonic gameplay style that we saw in Adventure 1 & 2.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NImH

Assassins Creed III was sort of not dope to me. I didn't even value it enough to put it on ebay and get the most money back. I just took it to Gamestop, got like $18 credit and put it toward FE:A. No regrets at all.

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-2275-8578-8399 | 3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Bulby wrote:

Odnetnin wrote:

Other than a very limited selection, 99% of all mobile games have either a superior version a real gaming platform, have versions or very similar games available for free on PC in the form of Flash games, or are complete shovelware. They are fast becoming the most popular form of gaming (unfortunately), so the general public seems to like them. I have tried the 'giants' such as Angry Birds and Cut the Rope, and I did not enjoy even one of them apart from Plants vs Zombies. Even if there is an amazing game hidden in there, I'm never going to see or pay any attention to it because of the over-saturation of the marketplace. I dislike the entire mobile gaming platform. I am sorry, but I do.

Those are all unfair generalizations that could be easily disproved in a heartbeat if you're actually willing to listen. But clearly your mind has long been made up on this issue.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

cheetahman91

CanisWolfred wrote:

I highly doubt an Adventure 3 would ever happen. The guys who worked on those games don't even work there anymore, and the current top man doesn't seem interested in a "doer of many, master of none" approach to the Sonic gameplay style that we saw in Adventure 1 & 2.

Well that's great news. I hope his feelings stay that way.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

SCRAPPER392

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I love how you manage to go on a completely off-topic anti-Sony rant, like, half the threads you post in.

And by 'love' I do actually mean your endless propaganda reminds me of the time I had an abscess burst in my mouth and I was in so much pain I tried to pull my own teeth out.

PlayStation Plus has nothing to do with this thread.

I suppose. I just brought up PS+ because it game me fast and easy access to games that everyone said were good and I tried them out, just to be completely disappointed.
I bought Borderlands, Assassin's Creed 1,2, and Brotherhood, Dead Space 2, and Mortal Kombat from PS+, and alot of other games everyone praised to no end. I enjoyed MK alot, but Tekken is way better in every way IMO, so now that is kinda lacking once I go back to try and play that.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

WesCash

Osc-Sync wrote:

Portal/Portal 2 - I find those games to be some of the biggest bores in gaming history! All the puzzles are really simple and the dialog isn't all that good as well...WOW! A sadistic and sarcastic robot! Woo! Let me get my party hat and celebrate this new invention(!)

I get where you're coming from.
I haven't yet played Portal 2 (it's hanging out somewhere in my Steam games list), though I will say that Portal 1 is overrated.
It's a highly enjoyable 3 hour experience that everyone should play through... and nothing more.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

kkslider5552000

WesCash wrote:

Osc-Sync wrote:

I get where you're coming from.
I haven't yet played Portal 2 (it's hanging out somewhere in my Steam games list), though I will say that Portal 1 is overrated.
It's a highly enjoyable 3 hour experience that everyone should play through... and nothing more.

Fair enough, but I suggest replaying it for the commentary nodes. It's really interesting stuff.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WesCash

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Fair enough, but I suggest replaying it for the commentary nodes. It's really interesting stuff.

I should actually do that before I play Portal 2. Good idea.

Edited on by WesCash

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

TheKingOfTown

I despise Sonic Adventure.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Kaeobais

Most turn-based RPGs. I love RPG elements; leveling up, new equipment, even damage indicators, but turn based combat is so bloody boring I honestly can't stand to play more than a few minutes of most games. I have a few exceptions (Chrono Trigger and Bowser's Inside Story being the most prominent), but not many. Yes, I even despise playing Pokemon, although I do genuinely like the IDEA of Pokemon.

I don't like simulation sports games (Forza, Madden, Fifa, etc).

I can't get in to GTA San Andreas. I can't say I hate it because I've only managed to play a few hours since I got it a few years back, but everything about it turns me off. The gameplay, the setting, the stupid "ghetto" style characters.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Ralizah

Kaeobais wrote:

Most turn-based RPGs. I love RPG elements; leveling up, new equipment, even damage indicators, but turn based combat is so bloody boring I honestly can't stand to play more than a few minutes of most games. I have a few exceptions (Chrono Trigger and Bowser's Inside Story being the most prominent), but not many. Yes, I even despise playing Pokemon, although I do genuinely like the IDEA of Pokemon.

I'm like that with non-turn-based RPGs. Again, there are exceptions (I love Final Fantasy XII, for instance), but generally real-time battles in RPGs annoy the heck out of me. I love my turn-based combat.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tertis

Uh, I dunno.
But, seriously, how can people hate Skyward Sword? I loved that game. It's probably my favorite Zelda of all time.

cough

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2607-4693 | Nintendo Network ID: TetrisDude335

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.