Forums

Topic: Games you disliked that everybody else liked.

Posts 161 to 180 of 242

CanisWolfred

^I know I didn't like the motion controls, and the constricting-compared-to-other-Zelda-Games-yes-even-Ocarina-of-Time overworld. I've heard others complain about the dungeons designed around what they saw as gimmicks, and I've heard people say they hated the increasing intrusion of RPG-like elements in Zelda games. Those are just some examples.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tertis

I have a theory: People generally prefer the Zelda game they grew up with in their adolescent age the most. Since I was, like, 12 when I first played Skyward Sword, I think it's the best. And the reason everyone nowadays thinks Ocarina of Time is the best is because they grew up with Ocarina of Time.

And, eventually, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword will be heralded as the best in the years to come if I'm accurate.

cough

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2607-4693 | Nintendo Network ID: TetrisDude335

CanisWolfred

^I'd like to believe your theory...but I know a lot of people who hold Wind Waker, A Link to the Past, and Twilight Princess as the best that I know didn't grow up with them. Maybe that'll affect popular opinion, but that's...that's popular opinion. But, we won't know for sure until we get there.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Ark_Sin wrote:

Wait... People like Twilight Princess?

Yes. You'd be hard press to find a Zelda game that doesn't have a large fanbase, and that includes Twilight Princess. Look at it this way: If Zelda II can find itself a large group of fans, there's no way any other Zelda can't.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tertis

You'd be hard pressed to find a person who likes the CDi Zelda games.

cough

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2607-4693 | Nintendo Network ID: TetrisDude335

CanisWolfred

Tertis wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to find a person who likes the CDi Zelda games.

Those aren't officially part of the series. That's like saying no one likes some Zelda fan game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

To be honest, I didn't like TP that much. I would actually consider Majora's Mask better than Ocarina of Time, too. Wind Waker and Skyward Sword were my most favorite AFTER Majora's Mask, which was my first Zelda.
I kind of agree on people just not giving games a chance. I can admit I liked Killzone 2 and not 3, but some people will deny they liked the whole series after one mishap.
Minish Cap was awesome, too, but alot of people probably expected Link to be chopping off monsters' heads with blood by now. For all we know, past Zelda games only had more 'mature' graphics because of technological limitations.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

OptometristLime

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Yes. You'd be hard press to find a Zelda game that doesn't have a large fanbase, and that includes Twilight Princess.

It's kind of silly to pay attention to the "buzz" surrounding a game; that's mostly due to moody people yin-yang 'ing over which game is their favorite right now. Zelda: TP was a critical success obviously, and a massive game (world) in its own right.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

CanisWolfred

SCAR392 wrote:

I kind of agree on people just not giving games a chance. I can admit I liked Killzone 2 and not 3, but some people will deny they liked the whole series after one mishap.

Yeah, it's disappointing to see people not give a game enough time to shine. I for one loved Killzone 2. Have yet to play Killzone 3 yet, though. But as you say, a lot of people tend to overlook the series just because it's "world war II in space."

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

Ark_Sin wrote:

Yes, there are people on this planet that like things you don't.

What a surprise.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

GuardianKing

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Yes, there are people on this planet that like things you don't.

What a surprise.

Surprisingly enough for you, I find Twilight Princess enjoyable.

However, the vast majority of people I have talked to do not. They often consider it a letdown (it was in some ways). While I agree with various arguments they make, I still found the game to be enjoyable and loved Midna's personality and surprisingly deep (relatively speaking for a Zelda sidekick) backstory.

I don't hate everything, @ChronoCross

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

GuardianKing

For me, it was Monster Hunter. (Yes, I have played a Monster Hunter game before. My hatred is not blind.) But after so many of you glorify its awesomeness, I caved in and decided to buy it on 3DS and give it a try.

I'll get back to you guys on that.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Ark_Sin wrote:

I still found the game to be enjoyable and loved Midna's personality and surprisingly deep (relatively speaking for a Zelda sidekick) backstory.

Midna is the best thing to happen to Zelda since the ability to turn into a Wolf...oh wait, those were in the same game.. Point still stands.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

I still found the game to be enjoyable and loved Midna's personality and surprisingly deep (relatively speaking for a Zelda sidekick) backstory.

Midna is the best thing to happen to Zelda since the ability to turn into a Wolf...oh wait, those were in the same game.. Point still stands.

I liked sailing a boat(WW), riding a bird(SS), and completing crazy ass time based side quests in a weird land(MM) the most. I tried playing TP the other day, and I don't think it has held up very well...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

grumblebuzzz

Toki bleep'in Tori. What an overrated turd imo.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Kage_88

GTA IV - Well, actually I'm not a fan of GTA games in general. I find them boring and awful to control. I played No.4 for the first time recently, and was shocked at how ugly it was.

Red Dead Redemption - I actually liked this game, but I don't think it was as amazing as most made it out to be. It essentially had the same open-world structure as GTA III (go here, do mission) which I found very uninspiring.

Skyrim - Ugh. Even if this game WASN'T plagued with an embarrasing amount of crippling bugs, it would still be a mediocre piece of software. The game is so lifeless, with wooden puppet characters, ugly scenery and poor combat mechanics. It's a perfect example of AAA gaming gone wrong; a game that deals in excess, rather than tight, focused design. The fact that this game won so many awards - and so much praise by gaming journalists - just reafirms my hatred of the gaming 'press'. I'd take Skyward Sword & Xenoblade - two incredible games on the 'weak' Wii - over this tripe any day.

Assassin's Creed 3 - Pretty much the same reasons as Skyrim. It pretty much killed my interest in the AC series, too.

Dishonoured - I just couldn't get into it. I always felt like playing something else whenever I tried this. I dunno.

Halo 4 - What a disappointment, and this is coming from a huge fan of the series. The game played everything too safe; it was clear that 343 were too scared of upsetting their fanbase, and so treated the game as 'business as usual' in regards to gameplay, story and structure. Also I hated the mandatory online garbage. Why the hell did I have to scour every nook and cranny in each level in order to find videos that helped in explaining the convoluted story? And why the hell did I have to go online to Halo Waypoint in order to watch them? And why the hell did I need an Xbox Live Gold membership in order to have the privelage of doing so? Oh, and I LOVE not being able to play the episode DLC because of the aforementioned lack of a Gold account. I even ordered the Limited Edition so I could watch the Forward Unto Dawn Film...because, y'know, I thought it'd be on a DVD. Not on the idiotic Waypoint site. Which it was. Jesus, no wonder Microsoft is circling the toilet.

Edited on by Kage_88

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

MeWario

Umm Little Big Planet, Pokemon from GBA ones onwards, Lego games (wish I loved them but they are sooooo easy and boring), Sonic (any of them)

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

GoombaJMR

Monster Hunter 3 (3DS), Gunman Clive, and NSMB2 (Well I dont know if many liked it..) ALSO
SUPER MARIO 3D LAND. As a huge mario fan, I can't understand why so many people liked it...zz

GoombaJMR

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3671-7874

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.