Forums

Topic: For all you guys unsure about ps3s vs xbox 360s

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

Modern_Legend

If you're like me, this article is indeed very long but also very useful in helping you decide which to invest in if you plan to buy a 2nd console and can't pick which one.

EDIT Article is actually very recent (put up yesterday), compares ps3 SLIM vs Xbox 360 Elite with their new prices

http://classygamer.blogspot.com/2009/08/ps3-slim-vs-xbox-360-...

Edited on by Modern_Legend

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

SilentJ

Great article! Thanks for the link, DaDun.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Modern_Legend

No problem, very good analysis by the writer though, very very good analysis.

Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

Corbs

That was a good read. I'm still glad I have both.

Plain old gamer :)

irken004

I'd probably get the PS3 just because of the chance that Kingdom Hearts 3 (?) might appear on it.

Slapshot

Nice read DaDun. Im a big PS3 fan and Im glad to finally see the days that its getting the respect that it deserves and witht that being said this is good competition for Microsoft so they will really start trying to pump out even better games.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

SeniorDingDong

Very helpfull. I always tend to forgot this "secondary features", like the overpriced Wi-Fi adaptor (I would need one) and HD for the 360. After reading that about 50% of the 360s had a malfunction, the choice was done.

Ironicly I dont care that much about both exclusive series like Gears of War or Metal Gear Solid, but many games I would not get for sure on my Wii like Batman: Arkham Asylum, Burnout Paradise, C&C 4, Turok, Virtua Fighter 5...

Maaaaybe I get the PS3 for my birthday.

SeniorDingDong

the_shpydar

As an aside, whether you get a 360 or PS3 (i'd say a 360, but it really comes down to what you're looking for personally), do NOT get Turok. Even (especially) if you're a huge fan of the N64 games. It will make you a sad, sad panda.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SeniorDingDong

I know it only borrows the name and dinosaur scenario. Anyway, it should be cheap now and cant be as bad as Turok Evolution

PS: I played Turok 1 and 2 on the PC, but knew it has its roots on the N64. Also played some Game Boy ones.

SeniorDingDong

y2josh

I have all three and I have to say I use the PS3 the most because of the blu-ray player. The 360 gets more game time though. And lately the Wii has been collecting dust.

y2josh

Stuffgamer1

@KDR_11k: The article did talk about the game selection, y'know. Not the most in-depth it could have, but it was nicely rounded all the same. And as the writer said, it all comes down to personal preference. My personal preference leads me to wonder why anybody would personally prefer the 360. But I have both (and to be honest, I've been getting good use out of my 360 lately), so it doesn't really matter much to me.

@JJosh: You sure don't get online with your PS3 much! Last online 23 days ago, it says. That's nuts! Y'know what's more nuts, though? You're only the second-least recent sign-in on my friends list.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

KDR_11k

Yes but I think a comparison should focus 90% on the games with maybe a bit of a mention about the rest because ultimately a console is just the gateway to its game library, not an end to itself.

Raincoat whore!

Modern_Legend

@KDR While that is important, i think the author wasn't trying to focus too much on one topic, it was supposed to be more or less a comparison of so many different aspects with an equal amount of info too. If it was all games he may become biased if he loves halo but hates killzone, or likes infamous on ps3 a whole lot. Leaves too much room for bias if a topic is too focused on one aspect. Also, to some people, hardware and features are also very important things, the blu ray vs dvd player for ps3 and 360 respectively, may be a huge deciding factor for people who may have been wanting a blu ray player or something. Also, online pricetags for the 360 may sway people away from it too.

Stuffgamer1

Exactly what I was thinking, DaDun; focusing too much on the games is a very BAD idea due to the personal taste factor. I would also disagree that the games make 90% of the decision nowadays, given all the other stuff these consoles can do. The feature set is wide, what comes in the box is different between consoles, and that stuff matters if you don't have either one and are trying to make a decision.

I like the way the writer broke it down logically and without bias (or if he has any it was sure hidden better than most gaming journalists I can think of!), and came to the conclusion that PS3 gives you more for your money. Yes, the 360 has value under certain circumstances, but there's just too much it can't do, or it costs a stupid amount of extra money to do, for me to whole-heartedly recommend it to a features-focused individual. If you just wanna play some Gears and Halo and don't care about all that other stuff, sure, get a 360. Of course, I really recommend getting both, like he did.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

Project Gotham 4 is one of the big reasons I almost bought another 360. RRoD and no reciept = no Microsoft free fix especially when its the 3rd RRoD. I did enjoy the Halo series until 3 and Gears is superb the problem is I didnt care much for the online shooting after awhile. Its great fun it just lost its appeal to me. Hell ive only beaten the first level of Killzone 2 and still havent been online on it. I just lost interest in the genre and with it I kinda moved away from the 360. Its just a personal preference for me, and now that the creators of Project Gotham are now also developing for the PS3 I doubt I purchase another 360.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

You don't need a reciept to get Microsoft to fix RRoD, y'know. Just call them up, tell them you got RRoD, and they deal with it! At least, that's how it went for me both times I got RRoD.

Magi

What sold me on the XBOX360 were the games, I was head-over-heels with Oblivion and Gears of War. I'm still getting a PS3. It's just the xbox had to come first.

Magi

suburban_sensei

Interesting article, there were some great points. I own a PS3 and a Wii, but have been thinking about getting an Elite. I really just want the Elite so I can play Modern Warfare 2 with my friends, and there are some great games on the XBLA (Got addicted to Trials HD at a friends house). The $300 price tag isn't bad for the Elite, it just sucks I need to pay another $75-$100 for the Wi-Fi Adapter...I will still get it of course, there are some great xbox exclusives and the online community aspect is wonderful; however, it is not top priority, i'll just save a bit each week. What's most annoying is I have enough credit on my Best Buy credit card to pick one up, but as most people over 18 know...I would be paying triple in the end for the 360; guess it's better to just be patient.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Modern_Legend

Lol sounds like ud be happy if they made cod mw 2 cross platform multiplayer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.