Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 301 to 320 of 363

AdamLikesNintend

@iBazly: Oh that's cool, I forgot I entered haha. This is the first time I entered a course for a contest.

I'm a little confused about the new theme. Is it is supposed to look like the SMB3 over world rather than a regular course from SMB3?

My Super Mario Maker Courses

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9395-3820 | Nintendo Network ID: adamlikesyou

Zyrac

@AdamLikesNintend: By "overworld" he means the Ground setting. So just pick the SMB3 style and Ground theme, and aside from that you can do whatever you want.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Maxz

SuperWiiU wrote:

Maxz wrote:

Could you post a tally of Winter Holidays levels with their respective votes? I really liked Frosty Surprise, but I get a different result when counting all the votes from @SuperWiiU 's first vote on page 14. Did you get seven votes in total?

I hope I have the time to play some of the new of Fire Car levels, even though I couldn't enter. I think it's probably good to get some outside votes anyway. And I'd really like to enter the SMB3 Overworld contest too... Anyway, the more work I do, the more time I get, so I'll quite yabbering and start doing some of that.

If you like it so much, why did you type it wrong? I'ts Frosty Cavern. I counted 8 votes, I don't know if iBazly voted himself without mentioning it, but if he voted for Frosty Cavern it would be a tie with your Tinkle All The Way. Without his vote you would win.

Oh gawd... That's quite funny. I literally stared at my own post for a while thinking "...WHAT!?".

You know when you have something in your head and then your train of thought gets broken? I went all Sherlock on my subconscious and concluded that Crimson's "Sleigh Surprise" must have intercepted my thoughts halfway through writing that. I do like the idea of a level called "Frosty Surprise" though.

Anyway, while we're calling each other out for misspelling course names, mine is called "Tingle All The Way", with a 'g'.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

MasterWario

Ha ha ha, I was wondering how I could have won with only two votes. Anyway, I'm all fired up for this next theme!!! SMB3 Let's, GO!!!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Zyrac

Welp, turns out you cannot reupload a level that's been deleted by Nintendo. Editing, renaming or copying it will not help - it is irrevocably blacklisted. So I guess my options now are (a) write a ticked-off email to Nintendo or (b) painstakingly recreate the level from scratch. What fun.

I did get something done tonight, at least - I uploaded a new version of Windy Watchtowers (my Flying theme entry) and deleted the old one. I've thus far resisted the idea of changing my levels after uploading them, but man, that one really needed a checkpoint. Shoulda been the first thing I did after they were added. The code for the new version is FB17-0000-019A-F47A. @iBazly, you'll need to update your listings.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Zyrac wrote:

Welp, turns out you cannot reupload a level that's been deleted by Nintendo. Editing, renaming or copying it will not help - it is irrevocably blacklisted. So I guess my options now are (a) write a ticked-off email to Nintendo or (b) painstakingly recreate the level from scratch. What fun.

Did you get any message or notice from Nintendo(even if it just stated they deleted it)? If not, that definitely deserves an e-mail asking for an answer.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Zyrac

All I got was the game telling me that "the course no longer exists online". I've just emailed customer support asking what the deal is and if I could possibly get the level restored. Fingers crossed for a helpful response.

Edit: I got a reply, but they are asking for my "serial number", which is vague. It doesn't mean the course ID, as I supplied that and they acknowledged it, so I guess they mean the serial number of my Wii U? I'll have to wait until I get home to check that. Stay tuned for more of this gripping drama.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

Zyrac

"We have forwarded your issue on to our European head office for further investigation. We anticipate that this investigation should be complete within the next 3-7 working days."

Um, okay. Glad you're taking it seriously?

Zyrac

Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Zyrac wrote:

"We have forwarded your issue on to our European head office for further investigation. We anticipate that this investigation should be complete within the next 3-7 working days."

Um, okay. Glad you're taking it seriously?

Didn't you tell'em to hurry because the level is supposed to be in a competition?

iBazly

@Zyrac: Two of my levels were removed as well, actually! "Boo Buddy Stalkers" and "The Haunted Airship 3: Witch Den". I'm guessing the objectionable terms were "stalker" and "witch" lol. They must have recently implemented a language filter that checked for things already in the database? That's my guess.

ALSO

I wanted to share this, because this is the level that WOULD have been my submission for the Fire Clown Car challenge, had I finished it in time:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/E347-000...

AAAAAAND WAIT. THERE'S MORE. I FINISHED A LEVEL THIS TIME.

This is my SUPER pretentiously named submission for the current theme! It may look familiar at first, but quickly changes...

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/4E08-000...

ENJOY! Maybe I'll even do the roundup on time, eh? Too optimistic?

DreamyViridi

It's been a little while since I last saw the thread but I've been busy playing the "Mario's Lost World" levels that somebody made on Reddit. I finally completed the main levels, so I'll get to playing and voting on the Fire Clown Car levels later on.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SuperWiiU

If your levels get removed, especially because of something else than it being old and not popular enough, you should get a message. Otherwise, you could get every level removed and still have no idea why. :S

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Zyrac

@SuperWiiU I just noticed, you need to fix the link in your signature. It's wound up being redirected to some other dude's bookmark profile.

I have yet to hear anything more from Nintendo, but I wonder if this sudden maintenance period has anything to do with the whole deletion issue.

Anyways, it's been pretty quiet here. I was gonna make my entry for this theme last weekend, but I caught a cold and that sorta killed my motivation. I know what I want to make, though, so it'll be done in time.

Zyrac

Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Zyrac wrote:

@SuperWiiU I just noticed, you need to fix the link in your signature. It's wound up being redirected to some other dude's bookmark profile.

I have yet to hear anything more from Nintendo, but I wonder if this sudden maintenance period has anything to do with the whole deletion issue.

Anyways, it's been pretty quiet here. I was gonna make my entry for this theme last weekend, but I caught a cold and that sorta killed my motivation. I know what I want to make, though, so it'll be done in time.

It directed to the NintendoLife level sharing site, but since that's gone now it just automatically redirects to a bookmark user with the name SuperWiiU. I need to try some of his levels.

I still need to play a few of the voting levels, but I've been waiting hoping Nintendo would allow you to reupload your Fire Clown Car level. Guess I'll just play the remaining ones for now. I have a level almost ready, but I want to do a little more testing. So I'll wait until the weekend before uploading it.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

MasterWario

Yeah I gotta get on this... Friday should be a good time.

I had an inspiration a few days back that uses the airship theme (so close), so I've been out of steam for a bit.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

DreamyViridi

Well, it took a while but I played all of the entries for the Fire Clown Car challenge.

My vote goes to @GIR's level - Muncher Mining (V1).

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.