Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 281 to 300 of 363

MasterWario

I'm gonna have to vote for @Maxz's Tingle All The Way. Donkey Kong Jr. Christmas Freeze was good but Maxz had a festive music level with platforming. Wow, I didn't know we were able to do platforming in a music level! /s (I just played some 100-mario challenge so I'm a bit salty from the levels I got)

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Freeon-Leon

@Chandlero: Thanks!

So, I finally came back to SMM and the first thing I did was to play your levels. It's hard for me to decide wich level is my favorite, but I guess my vote goes to...

(drum roll)

Tingle All the Way by @Maxz

Donkey Kong Jr. Christmas Freeze was a really good level, it was clever and had the right difficulty. Frosty Cavern had fun platforming and was very enjoyable. But I can vote for just one level, and it'll be for Tingle All the Way.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

MasterWario

Fire Clown Car is so difficult to work with...it just doesn't sync with me...not sure I can get an entry in this time, or a good one anyway. And I won't upload it unless I think it's good.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

eXtremeHippo

Here is my Fire Clown Car level:

Wet and Dry: W6C-N1X-NGG
Super Floatdown Mario: NNJ-VW3-TXF
Rising Tides: DJX-B8R-3QF
Bowser's Bob-omb Factory: LGN-FM1-PSG

Maxz

I haven't had access to my Wii U for quite a while, but finally I managed to get on today as I felt obliged to vote on the current theme.

Speaking of which, my vote goes to...

@SuperWiiU - Donkey Kong Jr. Christmas Freeze - 218B-0000-016D-0262

I thought it was the 'tightest' level of the bunch (certainly the smallest!), and there were a few neat puzzling elements I really liked. Mainly, the dual use of the skull-train; jumping onto it at the beginning of the loop to find it was waiting for you at the end (with a different purpose), but only being able to access it if you'd got rid of the block in the ceiling to begin with. I liked how the level was tied together in a few different ways, and you had to think about the correct way of unravelling it. I found a few of the jumps slightly awkward at first, but generally thought it was a nice, not overly contrived puzzle level, with a lot of character (which I think is important in a themed competition). If one idea didn't work, it was clear what the other options were, and that made it easy to mentally take apart (unlike the 2016 level which I actually had to download to track down the invisible blocks were that were necessary to even get past the first jump).

So yeah, good work!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Maxz wrote:

I haven't had access to my Wii U for quite a while, but finally I managed to get on today as I felt obliged to vote on the current theme.

Speaking of which, my vote goes to...

@SuperWiiU - Donkey Kong Jr. Christmas Freeze - 218B-0000-016D-0262

I thought it was the 'tightest' level of the bunch (certainly the smallest!), and there were a few neat puzzling elements I really liked. Mainly, the dual use of the skull-train; jumping onto it at the beginning of the loop to find it was waiting for you at the end (with a different purpose), but only being able to access it if you'd got rid of the block in the ceiling to begin with. I liked how the level was tied together in a few different ways, and you had to think about the correct way of unravelling it. I found a few of the jumps slightly awkward at first, but generally thought it was a nice, not overly contrived puzzle level, with a lot of character (which I think is important in a themed competition). If one idea didn't work, it was clear what the other options were, and that made it mentally take apart (unlike the 2016 level which I actually had to download to track down the invisible blocks were that were necessary to even get past the first jump).

So yeah, good work!

Thanks for the vote and kind words.

My new level for the Fire Clown Car theme:

I quickly threw it together just now, but I'm glad I got something decent (as far as I'm concerned ) out in the short amount of time I had available.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

DreamyViridi

A Fire Clown Car theme? Shoot! I have just the thing!
Here you go. I may as well enter it. ^^

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Zyrac

Maxz wrote:

(unlike the 2016 level which I actually had to download to track down the invisible blocks were that were necessary to even get past the first jump)

Guess not everyone has my sense of videogame logic. I suppose I should've put an arrow there or something. I do always appreciate a little feedback to tell me what I should think twice about doing in the future.

Picking a level to vote for is tough as always, but I think I'm gonna go with @crimsontadpoles's Sleigh Surprise. Just felt it had an enjoyable level of challenge.

Now then. My original idea for this theme was nixed when I found that you can't put a Clown Car on a track if it has an enemy in it. So that was a bit annoying, but fortunately I quickly managed to turn it into something that worked.

And here it is on the bookmark site.

Zyrac

Twitter:

iBazly

Hello everyone! It looks like we're starting to get slightly back in business as we had many entries this time! Since there was a request for Super Mario Maker Bookmark links, this time around if you click on the name of the level it is now a link to the bookmark! Some of you may have also noticed, on the FIRST post in this thread, I have added some links. Instead of putting up a blog, there is now a list of themes on the main post. That list of themes are links to the summary posts in this thread. For example, click on the "Red and Blue" link, and you will be taken to my post where I listed all of the levels for that first theme. In the coming week I will also be updating all of those old posts so they contain Super Mario Maker Bookmark links, indicate who the winner of each theme was, and also update which levels are still available to play and which have been taken down.

In the meantime though, the voting for the Winter Holidays levels is now closed, and the winner was @Maxz! Voting for the new theme, Fire Clown Car, is now open! I am also very excited, because Fire Clown Car was actually our tenth theme, and this post is about to hit three hundred posts, which is really cool! This thread is entering its teens, and I thought to celebrate we would have a free for all of sorts. So, this time around, the theme is very, VERY general, so you can really go wild and come up with anything you want. As long as it is in the style of... Super Mario Bros. 3 Overworld. Again, the level can be anything you want it to be - as long as it uses that game and level style combination!

Here are the submissions for the Fire Clown Car theme:

@Crimson Tadpoles - Demonic Demolition - 2165-0000-0175-829C
@AdamLikesNintend - Flying Battle Shooter autoscroll - B79D-0000-0176-6EB4
@BurningSonic - Kid Icarus-Final Level - 2A5B-0000-0178-AB6B
@mrichston - Shooting With Fishes - D9E2-0000-0197-63E6
@GIR - Muncher Mining (V1) - 1861-0000-0189-1FC4
@eXtremeHippo - Fire Car - Choose Difficulty! - CDDD-0000-0126-4538
@SuperWiiU - Hotter Than A Flying Hot Tub - AB2B-0000-0198-64CB
@DreamyViridi - Underground Koopa Car Park - B6CB-0000-0155-EF5D
@Zyrac - Hot Hot Hangar - 8CFD-0000-0198-7B10

As always we have two weeks, so the deadline for these is January 31 at 11:59 PM.

Edited on by iBazly

iBazly

@Zyrac: It seems your level link is not working. Is it still up?

Just wanted to give everyone a more succinct breakdown of everything I said would be happening from now on in this thread, so everyone is aware:

• On submission summary posts, the names of each level will be links to the level's Super Mario Maker Bookmark page
  • On the FIRST post of this thread, there will be links to each submission summary posts
  • I will be updating all previous submission summary posts to have Super Mario Maker Bookmark pages (will spend a couple of days this week doing that)

Let me know if anything else needs to be done or addressed, and thank you all for still sticking around! I promise I will get back into Mario Maker soon - your levels are keeping me interested

Zyrac

@iBazly: Unless it's just the bookmark site glitching out, my level seems to have simply disappeared overnight. :/ What the heck, Nintendo? I can't get on my Wii U for a while, but I'll try to reupload it tonight.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Zyrac wrote:

@iBazly: Unless it's just the bookmark site glitching out, my level seems to have simply disappeared overnight. :/ What the heck, Nintendo? I can't get on my Wii U for a while, but I'll try to reupload it tonight.

It's still on Miiverse, so the level should still be there. The bookmark site is known to be slow at times, so maybe it hasn't updated for more than 13 hours(time since your upload).

Zyrac

@SuperWiiU: It was definitely on there before - I copied the URL to link to it. And I think Miiverse posts are only removed if you delete the level yourself. We'll see, though.

Zyrac

Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Zyrac wrote:

@SuperWiiU: It was definitely on there before - I copied the URL to link to it. And I think Miiverse posts are only removed if you delete the level yourself. We'll see, though.

I've checked and it's indeed gone in SMM. Perhaps because of the title, which could be construed as something sexual.

Zyrac

@SuperWiiU: I did think of that, actually. Pretty ridiculous notion, but I have to admit I wouldn't put it past Nintendo. I guess I'll change it just to be safe.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Maxz

iBazly wrote:

Hello everyone! It looks like we're starting to get slightly back in business as we had many entries this time! Since there was a request for Super Mario Maker Bookmark links, this time around if you click on the name of the level it is now a link to the bookmark! Some of you may have also noticed, on the FIRST post in this thread, I have added some links. Instead of putting up a blog, there is now a list of themes on the main post. That list of themes are links to the summary posts in this thread. For example, click on the "Red and Blue" link, and you will be taken to my post where I listed all of the levels for that first theme. In the coming week I will also be updating all of those old posts so they contain Super Mario Maker Bookmark links, indicate who the winner of each theme was, and also update which levels are still available to play and which have been taken down.

In the meantime though, the voting for the Winter Holidays levels is now closed, and the winner was @MasterWario! Voting for the new theme, Fire Clown Car, is now open! I am also very excited, because Fire Clown Car was actually our tenth theme, and this post is about to hit three hundred posts, which is really cool! This thread is entering its teens, and I thought to celebrate we would have a free for all of sorts. So, this time around, the theme is very, VERY general, so you can really go wild and come up with anything you want. As long as it is in the style of... Super Mario Bros. 3 Overworld. Again, the level can be anything you want it to be - as long as it uses that game and level style combination!

Here are the submissions for the Fire Clown Car theme:

@Crimson Tadpoles - Demonic Demolition - 2165-0000-0175-829C
@AdamLikesNintend - Flying Battle Shooter autoscroll - B79D-0000-0176-6EB4
@BurningSonic - Kid Icarus-Final Level - 2A5B-0000-0178-AB6B
@mrichston - Shooting With Fishes - D9E2-0000-0197-63E6
@GIR - Muncher Mining (V1) - 1861-0000-0189-1FC4
@eXtremeHippo - Fire Car - Choose Difficulty! - CDDD-0000-0126-4538
@SuperWiiU - Hotter Than A Flying Hot Tub - AB2B-0000-0198-64CB
@DreamyViridi - Underground Koopa Car Park - B6CB-0000-0155-EF5D
@Zyrac - Hot Hot Hangar - 8CFD-0000-0198-7B10

As always we have two weeks, so the deadline for these is January 31 at 11:59 PM.

Could you post a tally of Winter Holidays levels with their respective votes? I really liked Frosty Surprise, but I get a different result when counting all the votes from @SuperWiiU 's first vote on page 14. Did you get seven votes in total?

I hope I have the time to play some of the new of Fire Car levels, even though I couldn't enter. I think it's probably good to get some outside votes anyway. And I'd really like to enter the SMB3 Overworld contest too... Anyway, the more work I do, the more time I get, so I'll quite yabbering and start doing some of that.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Maxz wrote:

Could you post a tally of Winter Holidays levels with their respective votes? I really liked Frosty Surprise, but I get a different result when counting all the votes from @SuperWiiU 's first vote on page 14. Did you get seven votes in total?

I hope I have the time to play some of the new of Fire Car levels, even though I couldn't enter. I think it's probably good to get some outside votes anyway. And I'd really like to enter the SMB3 Overworld contest too... Anyway, the more work I do, the more time I get, so I'll quite yabbering and start doing some of that.

If you like it so much, why did you type it wrong? I'ts Frosty Cavern. I counted 8 votes, I don't know if iBazly voted himself without mentioning it, but if he voted for Frosty Cavern it would be a tie with your Tinkle All The Way. Without his vote you would win.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.