Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 161 to 180 of 628

rallydefault

@Ralizah
Yea, his name is me. I bought the game, so I want to finish it. I like to finish things I start...usually. I don't think I'll ever finish Disgaea 5. I don't have it in me lol

rallydefault

Ralizah

@rallydefault If I'm really not enjoying something, I won't bother finishing it. Games are supposed to be fun, you know?

I like Disgaea games, but they're all very samey, so I need multiple years in between them to not get tired of them.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

darkfenrir

For the ones that have played it, does the weakness we found is tracked?

For example, we met enemy A, we found that it's weak to dagger attack. Finished the battle, then meet enemy A again... do we still know it's weak to dagger attack? I remember the first demo didn't remember the weakness at all and hope the main game will fix that.

darkfenrir

FX102A

So I downloaded the demo and I couldn't even get passed the first cutscene. Not because its bad but because the silly timer was impacting my enjoyment. I want to take my time and like to listen to the full Japanese speech even if I've already read the subs. So decided not to bother and played the Shinng Resonance demo instead.

FX102A

darkfenrir

@Tsurii Huh? weird, I remember playing first demo and the weakness stayed ??? even though I met the same enemy...

Nonetheless as long as it's there I'm glad then, I can't remember them all.

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Tsurii Yeah, I know that. What I mean was the weakness icon underneath them. I remember those being filled up at the first fight, and yet second fight against the enemy still keep it question marks as if I never found those weakness in the first place.

darkfenrir

Kimyonaakuma

@darkfenrir Well I've played every part of the second demo and it definitely remembers what each enemy is weak to once you find it.

...but I'm pretty sure that was the case in the original demo

I wish the demo either didn't have a timer and offered less or gave us less time. I just felt rushed to see as much as I could, which is very different to how I usually play RPGs. I'm considering just starting from the beginning in the full game but we'll see...

Kimyonaakuma

darkfenrir

@Kimyonaakuma Gotcha thanks! Maybe my demo had a freak of nature or something and caused it to not happen (Or my memory's faulty, either way it's my wrong though)

darkfenrir

bixente

I played some of the Ophilia demo, really enjoyed it. Hooked me into the story so quickly, and the music is so beautiful. I wasn't really looking forward to this game before, but I'll certainly be picking it up now.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

rallydefault

@Ralizah
No. I did not know games were supposed to be fun. To quote James Bond, I guess that's what I've been doing wrong for 30 years lol

rallydefault

MeatSauce

I finished the demo and really enjoyed it the only thing I found weird was the first few minutes had full voice acting then it went to one word to cover a couple sentences of dialogue.Looking forward to my preorder arriving on the 13th.

Edited on by MeatSauce

MeatSauce

Judi

@darkfenrir There are two versions of some enemies (for example, one with a guard of 1 and one with a guard of 2). The game treats them as separate entities, so if even if you know the weaknesses of Ratman I you technically don't know the weaknesses of Ratman II (though, they will probably be the same).

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

darkfenrir

@Judi Ah I see, maybe this is why. Thanks

I probably will try out the demo in the coming week hopefully

darkfenrir

Garamond

Hello Nintendolife, this is my first post here! 😊

Octopath is gonna be a really charming experience: the second demo totally sold me the game after a good first demo!

The plot seems intringuing and the storytelling is simple (sometimes redundant) but engaging. Really great magical atmosphere!

Long story short: Pre-ordered and can't wait to play! 😁

Edited on by Garamond

Garamond

Dogorilla

I haven't played the second demo yet but I was just wondering, as it's supposed to be a prologue, are the contents of the demo only available in the demo, or will they be a part of the full game too?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Ryu_Niiyama

@Garamond Welcome new person! Let the impatient wait until octopath comes out begin!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Judi

@Dogorilla It's essentially the beginning of the game. You can choose any character to start with, and play their story and the stories of the other characters you meet through what I would call 'the first chapter'. After that, you hit restrictions that keep you from moving to the areas to proceed with their stories. Also you're restricted to a 3hr play time, but it's save file dependent so you can always start a new file and play more.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Dogorilla

@Judi Cool, thanks! I probably won't get the demo then, I'll just wait to play the full game with no restrictions.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

MrGawain

I love the look of everything about this game apart from the fact Nintendo UK isn't fixing the spelling of 'Traveller'.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Kimyonaakuma

@MrGawain They don't usually fix the spelling though, it's probably not worth spending the money to change everything with the game's logo just for one small country.
It's not like the meaning of the word is lost anyway, it's just slightly annoying

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic