Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 621 to 640 of 646

Spoony_Tech

@Purgatorium You can play the game anyways you want. I played exactly the way you described and I worked out in my favor. Grinding sucks if you can avoid it but I found that if you picked the right starting character they could carry weaker characters for quite a while.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Purgatorium

For sure, I chose Cyrus as my starting character and he was just a wrecking ball. Other characters managed to keep their levels on par with suggest levels by just being swapped in often enough.

The game is good in that way, actually. Characters gained levels pretty fast so even if they were behind, bringing them along with a higher party caught them up quick.

Purgatorium

Seacliff

Heard about the 'next console game' alongside the mobile spin-off announcement.

There are only two major things I would want from a sequel. More character interactions outside of banners with more influence over each other's plot would be great, as everyone basically makes sure everyone is recruited before starting a chapter 2 anyways.

The other bigger thing is that I would rather have no final boss over a forced one. I know this would be hard to do from a gameplay perspective, but it means a lot to me from a story and worldbuilding one. What I personally loved about this game was that there was no evil god breaking a thousand-year seal or an evil emperor from the more advanced nation. Everyone's story was personal. It felt like the playable characters could have been NPCs from a more traditional RPG.

They are Travelers, not heroes.

Seacliff

Muyounosuke

Seacliff wrote:

What I personally loved about this game was that there was no evil god breaking a thousand-year seal

uh did we play the same game? that’s literally what the overarching story is about.

Edited on by Muyounosuke

Muyounosuke

komodo182

Muyounosuke wrote:

Seacliff wrote:

What I personally loved about this game was that there was no evil god breaking a thousand-year seal

uh did we play the same game? that’s literally what the overarching story is about.

But it was missable, so many players probably finished the 8 characters story and were like okay, now what....no climax>? There are still areas I haven't been too....

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Muyounosuke

@komodo182 ya I agree the final boss is really missable especially since almost all the side quests in the game are a little too vague, but there is a ton of clues in the the character’s stories especially the later chapters because three things keep popping up the dark god Galdera, the Gate of Finis, and Graham Crossford. Cyrus’ chapter 4 also makes it painfully obvious something is going on.

Edited on by Muyounosuke

Muyounosuke

komodo182

Muyounosuke wrote:

@komodo182 ya I agree the final boss is really missable especially since almost all the side quests in the game are a little too vague, but there is a ton of clues in the the character’s stories especially the later chapters because three things keep popping up the dark god Galdera, the Gate of Finis, and Graham Crossford. Cyrus’ chapter 4 also makes it painfully obvious something is going on.

Most people would know its hinting about something else (maybe a sequel, maybe something else in this game).

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

bellow

Been playing this heavily for the past few weeks. I've decided to take a break for darksiders to keep it fresh, but I've been massively enjoying it.

Is it normal to be 32 hours in and only to have managed 2 second chapters? I didn't realize it was going to be this involved.

bellow

BruceCM

@bellow, if you're doing everything, you're looking at 100+ hours easily.... It's a game where it's definitely worth doing that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

bellow

@BruceCM I'm doing a lot. And I've been trying to find the job shrines as part of my second chapter run.

Of course if I'd have known you can turn down battle frequency during my search (which I've just found out by skimming thru this thread) I might have shaved a few hours off my tally.

Those extra levels are nice, though😀

bellow

Toy_Link

Octopath will receive a patch on June 7th that will add simplified and traditional Chinese language support.

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

rallydefault

What an awesome game, seriously. I might go back for either a second playthrough or to find absolutely everything.

rallydefault

MeatSauce

@rallydefault It really is a couple weeks ago I started a second playthrough to do the same thing and I’ve greatly enjoyed it.

Edited on by MeatSauce

MeatSauce

bellow

Approaching the 50 hour mark, and still haven't got thru everyone's second chapter. This game is a case.

bellow

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Currently still at my first playthrough, but I am also trying to max Job everyone, granted this is not necessary, but I really, really like doing it. I am over 100 hrs in and while I am at Chapter 3 with most, the min Lv is 67+, which means I am blazin' through Chapter 3 and go now on the hunt for each Chapter 4. Trying to get every sidequest.

What I don't get, from knowing about a secret boss, is the complain of not having a world ending villain as a lot of the final enemies always cite one source to liberate or gather source from. So ultimately they are all linked by this being and I kinda find it refreshing that there is not this world ending threat, but everything is on a more personal level.

Yeah there seems to be a disconnect between the party members and even the banter between characters does not help that if it's not their chapter they are merely passengers and I wished that you would get more extra scenes, or altered scenes if you happen to have a specific partymember, especially, but not limited to, when they have a quest in the same city.

Lemmy_the_Koopa

YessMasster

OT is the most aesthetically pleasing game I have ever played and I consider it one of my definitive favorites solely because of that. I understand the issues people have with characters' stories not being more intertwined, or at least game reacting to the fact that you have a group instead of single characters during character plots - even additional comments during cutscenes would aid this problem. Still, the graphics and the music suit the game so well, and playing OT just made me feel soooo good! I will definitely get 2nd part if it ever comes (and it makes me bit angsty over the mobile game, since in my country such games come with huge delay, if they ever come at all - Dragalia is still not available here D:)

YessMasster

edhe

I've gotten the hang of thinking tactically, but one boss is giving me so much grief. Winnehild, an optional boss.
My team is Olberic (~65) Tressa (48) Alfyn (~50) and Cyrus (~50). I've tweaked the setup a bit, given Cyrus
the sorcerer job to allow him to strike 3 times, Tressa the Scholar job, and Olberic the Hunter job for leghold trap, and I'm frantically chipping away at the shield, but towards the end, it often manages to knock someone down, usually at the point just before it deals tens of thousands of unblockable, consecutive damage, killing everyone, regardless of how much health they have.

I've heard an ally with Aelfric's Auspices, and Saving Grace on every ally can make things easier, so I might try that.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

King-X

Runelord Tressa's sidestep is the typically used method against Winnehild. You can make the skill work party-wide, clock up enough of them and in theory the party is pretty much not getting hit. The only problem is when Winnehild decides she's having about 7 consecutive goes constantly so you really need to stay on top of that.

Edited on by King-X

Currently Playing: Dragon Quest XI (Previously played on PS4)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic