Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 141 to 160 of 179

Pattiecakes

I too am super hyped for this title. I had a hard time deciding which character I'm starting as, but I have no doubt now. Cyrus is my man. He's a scholar, has cool elemental powers, is a hit with the ladies, his path action and ability are fantastic, and he's got a nice cape to boot. My co-worker mentioned that someone referred to him as the main character of the game, but I haven't been able to find where he saw that. Frankly, for there to be a "main character" seems to defeat the purpose of the game.

Edited on by Pattiecakes

Pattiecakes

FX102A

Okay....my downloaded demos have just disappeared from my Switch! And I didn't even get round to play them!

I know a new one is planned soon but still, what the eck??

FX102A

maelis

Hello,

Can someone tell me if the european edition of the game will have japanese language, like breath of the wild?
Is there a way to know that?

Some games don't have japanese languages in their european version : for example xenoblade 2...
thank you

maelis

Tyranexx

Saw a little of today's Treehouse segment on this game. Definitely can't wait to give it a spin! It definitely was today's highlight for me.

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Ever Oasis, Super Mario RPG (Wii U VC), Pokemon Shuffle (mobile)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ValhallaOutcast

has the new demo gone live?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Ralizah

@darkfenrir 50 - 60 for main story is really long, if true.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

darkfenrir

@Ralizah Unless they overly estimates thing, I would say 50-70 hours of average play hours seems good.

Like leaning to 50 for main story focused and leaning to 70 for completionist (or even more)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Maxz

@maelis According to the website, the European version of the game will support Japanese, English, and a wealth of European languages. What's not clear is whether it will function like BotW now, or BotW at launch.

In the current version of BotW, you can change language settings for voice acting and for text independently, and from within the game. But at launch, in order to access Japanese language settings, you needed to change the language settings of the Switch itself, and couldn't set vocals and texts to different languages.

I can't say which Octopath is going to be, although for some reason I'm leaking towards the former.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

toiletduck

FX102A wrote:

Okay....my downloaded demos have just disappeared from my Switch! And I didn't even get round to play them!

I know a new one is planned soon but still, what the eck??

The old demo (incl. savegame) is still present on mine... (EU)?

toiletduck

maelis

@Maxz

thank you very much! So that means japanese is in!!
yeahh it should require to put your console in japanese normally^^

Some games with a lot of video that are not in japanese in the european version usually don't have japanese settings because of size i think : for example xenoblade 2
But for mario or zelda, no problem, there isn't o lot of audio..
Although bayonnetta eu has a japanese setting and it has quite a bit of videos^^

maelis

Arcamenel

I've only played an hour of the demo as Cyrus but I am beyond sold on it and can't wait for the full release.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

rallydefault

I'm almost at my 3-hour limit for this demo (played heck out of the first one). Started with Alfynn the Apothecary, did everything I could do thus far in his little area, and now I'm about 2.5 hours and made it to the thief (Theron or something like that, I think).

Hopped onto Amazon about an hour in to place my preorder. Was holding out as I'm not a preorder guy, but dang... this takes me back to the early Final Fantasies and Tactics, for some reason. I love the battle system with the charging or whatever they call it, and I love the old-school, not-too-complicated, not-too-simple inventory/skills/party management system. Just very classic overall with a couple new ideas that integrate well. BIGGEST thing that really hooked me, though, is the writing/characters so far. I liked I Am Setsuna, but this is so much stronger in the storytelling, and you can tell it had more time and money pumped into it.

Hats off to Square Enix for making this for the Switch - mid July will be a longish wait, but I'll be playing Mario Aces in between.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

FX102A

@toiletduck I actually downloaded both the Japanese and UK demos; actually not sure if I may have deleted them (RPG demos are not really my thing) but I then remembered enjoying Bravely Seconds and decided to give it a try and discovered it was gone as was the download option.

FX102A

Kimyonaakuma

Has anyone been playing the Prologue Demo? I started with Tressa and have also managed to complete the first chapter with Cyrus, I only have an hour left though

I usually write WAAAAY TOO MUCH!
...so I'll apologise now in advance.

rallydefault

@Kimyonaakuma
Yea - I only got through 2 characters (barely) before my 3 hours were up. I did wander around a bit after my starting point, though.

From what I can tell, the demo doesn't stop you until you try to zone out of whatever screen you are on. This does mean that if you get in combat in an overworld screen, I think the demo will stop when you pop back out. But if you're in a city or something, you can continue to walk around and use shops and stuff as long as you don't cause a loading screen. Not that it really matters, just thought it was interesting.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Ryu_Niiyama

For the 3 hour limit, does it allow you to start over if you clear the save data?

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

I've been so taken in by Hollow Knight that I completely neglected to try out the new demo for this game.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Judi

@Ryu_Niiyama You don't even have clear the data manually, you can just open the demo and start a new file. The limit is save file dependent.

It's not Christmas without caviar!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Ryu_Niiyama

Noice!!

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic