Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 9,781 to 9,800 of 70,082

skywake

@MumboJumbo
No bundled software at all is still a bit rough I think. Sure when you're paying that much and are fanatical enough to get it on day 1? You're getting some games. At the very least you'll grab some eShop credit and download some random $10 game that you'll have forgotten about by the time the system is a couple of years old. But still, no games? ....

I can just see someone getting a Switch as a present or something. Opening it up and being all hyped and then... excitedly browsing the settings menu... great first impressions... like that Christmas everyone had as a kid when Mum forgot to buy the batteries....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

rallydefault

@skywake
It's a huge bummer. Even a "teaser" disc with a couple games from 1,2 Switch! would have been nice.

rallydefault

FragRed

@skywake @rallydefault Give it a couple of months and we will see official Switch bundles from Nintendo. But be warned, the first will likely be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which really isn't worth getting excited about.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

veeflames

It's really a shame that the Switch isn't coming with any software at all at launch, but there'll obviously be bundles later on. I'm personally hoping there's one with ARMS or MK8D or whatever by the time I pick up a Switch (possibly around my birthday).
A Super Mario Odyssey bundle or a "Pokemon Stars" one during the holiday season makes so much sense.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Octane

@FragRed 1-2-Switch bundle and a Mario Odyssey bundle later this year, effectively doubling as a second release for the Switch. Mark my words.

Octane

OorWullie

I thought they might include that fish demo that was supposedly the greatest demo that guy from Bethesda had ever seen.I wonder if there'll be even any apps there for launch,we know there'll be the E-shop, Mii Maker,parental settings and surely an internet browser and Youtube app.That can't be it though surely.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

TuVictus

They would have sold even more if they just did a Zelda bundle. Slap a triforce on the dock or joy con and people would have gone even more crazy. But like the 3ds I suspect they're saving that for the holidays

TuVictus

OorWullie

@Octane Yep,that sounds likely.The 1-2 Switch bundle will probably keep the $299 launch price with the Mario bundle coming in $20 more.of course,some early buyers will be up in Arms about this but Nintendo can kind of justify it by giving us free online for a few months.By the time the bundles come out the subscription will be in place.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

gcunit

Just by having a BotW bundle for £299.99 it could have made such a difference. Probably would have swayed me.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@Operative2-0 I understand the argument, but why? There's only 2 million Switch units available for launch, and most of the buyers are getting Zelda anyway. A bundle wouldn't really make any sense business wise; Selling Zelda separately also means that they can profit of both items instead of one.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Safe to say no Dead by Daylight for Switch.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

rallydefault

gcunit wrote:

Just by having a BotW bundle for £299.99 it could have made such a difference. Probably would have swayed me.

Well yea, because then you'd be getting the game for free, and Nintendo would be losing a ton of money lol

300 bucks for all of the tech in the console is very fair - to bundle a full-release game on top of that for the same price? They would lose so much money.

Again: unrealistic expectations.

rallydefault

FragRed

@OorWullie Interesting that you should mention that. Normally we get to see these tech demos one way or another - either at an event on a giant screen to get people wowed about the new technology, often in a lengthy trailer for the hardware itself (remember the Zelda tech demo for the Wii U) or in the case of the original PlayStation, it comes with the system. I still remember that 3D dinosaur. Anyway it's odd that no tech demos were showcased this time round.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

mav-i-am

Octane wrote:

@Operative2-0 I understand the argument, but why? There's only 2 million Switch units available for launch, and most of the buyers are getting Zelda anyway. A bundle wouldn't really make any sense business wise; Selling Zelda separately also means that they can profit of both items instead of one.

Having 1 - 2 Switch bundled would make more sense tbh

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

jump

mav-i-am wrote:

Octane wrote:

It would if they had more than 2 games at launch.

Tbh I'm shocked they didn't include a free Amiibo game as the bundled in launch title, it something that would likely be free in the first place and promote people to buy more Amiibo. I doubt it would be the sandbox game (some)people keep asking for but something like Mario vs DK or Amiibo Festival (without the focus on Animal Crossing) would have done.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

erv

Pages and pages about bundles and it dawns on me I never bought one. I just buy the system at launch and whatever game I want.

Yet Nintendo land was the best one ever included at launch. What a great game that is.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Emperor-Palpsy

With regards to charging the Switch on-the-go (minus Dock), do we have any confirmation yet with regards to wattage? There are plenty of USB-C cables going on sale for Switch, but I'm a little confused as to which plugs are compatible. Last thing I want to do is damage my system/battery.

cackle

rallydefault

jump wrote:

mav-i-am wrote:

Octane wrote:

It would if they had more than 2 games at launch.

Tbh I'm shocked they didn't include a free Amiibo game as the bundled in launch title, it something that would likely be free in the first place and promote people to buy more Amiibo. I doubt it would be the sandbox game (some)people keep asking for but something like Mario vs DK or Amiibo Festival (without the focus on Animal Crossing) would have done.

...Switch is launching with 7 games, not 2.

Edit: Did you mean first-party games? Do any consoles typically launch with more than 2 first-party games?

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

gcunit

@rallydefault Look again - £ not $

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic