Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,801 to 5,820 of 69,995

Faruko

I mean for me ballpak means enough power to have those mumtiplatform games, it doesnt have to be xbox one at all, some behind might be enough considering what this unit might end up being

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Bluefiregamer

@Kobashi100 wrote "Anyone notice SuperMetalDave64 and HappyNintendoFan have gone totally silent. Lol

I did notice that. Probably because he was discrediting the Nvidia rumor along with Eurogamer soo bad that he feels like he doesnt want to show himself. He's been humiliated. LMFAO

P.S. At least Player Essence owned up to being wrong.

Its dangerous to go alone take this.

WebHead

@Bluefiregamer yeah he and hnf were being real punks about it.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Oubie

What if they releases their biggest Wii U multiplayer games with upgrades at launch day? And if you already own that game on the WIi U, there would be a special upgrade system for €10/15? That way you don't have to pay full price, but you do get all the added bells and whistles of the upgraded Switch versions.

I'm looking at Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., Splatoon and Super Mario Maker for its community aspect. Think of added online options, courses, levels, characters, modes and visual upgrades.

Oubie

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2596-8451 | Nintendo Network ID: Oubie88

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Faruko Maybe the original Skyrim, but the new Skyrim remaster will all the extra bells and whistles?

Are you aware that the Nintendo Switch is reputedly a third of the power of an Xbox One?

I just hope you are keeping your expectations in check, is all!

We've gotta get our rumors straight here, people. Because I just watched a Cinemassacre video where they stated the Switch is rumored to be pretty much spot-on with Xbox One in terms of power. I've also heard/read that in a few other places.

So which is it?

Edit: I also could swear that I read something or watched something about the Tegra chip being very custom, but definitely of the newest breed (forget the name, but not Maxwell. The one after Maxwell.) So that's all good in terms of potential power.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

WebHead

AMD must be thrilled with seemingly losing one of its 3 main semicustom partners.

WebHead

skywake

nintykid wrote:

Are there any estimates of the physical dimensions of the tablet? Because when I first watched the video it looked to me like the same size as the gamepad... And if it is really that big I'm not sure it will be able to replace a handheld. I mean, compare a regular 3DS with the tablet+joy-con

You can see with the headphone jack it's about as thick as a closed 3DSXL. For the other dimentions this is from arstechnica's approximations which I've rounded to the nearest 5mm:

Tablet: 180x105mm
Tablet + Joycons: 250x105mm

For comparison:
3DS: 134x74mm
3DS XL: 156x93mm
2DS: 144x127mm
GamePad: 259x135mm
PSVita: 182x83mm

edit:
To be frank the size isn't the thing that makes me hesitant about carrying it around. I take my 3DSXL with me almost everywhere I go and it's got a pretty bulky carrying case. But the difference is that the 3DS is a ~$250AU product with a clamshell design. This thing will be a ~$400AU device (that's abot what the Wii U cost at launc) with a large exposed screen. It'll also be both of my Nintendo devices in one. It's a bit different.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

WebHead

Tbh Switch is probably Tegra's last shot at gaming apps/

WebHead

6ch6ris6

yeah clamshell design would have been better for a handheld. but my standart 3ds had marks on the topscreen because the bumpers werent good enough. so even a clamshell design wont protect screens if there is a design flaw

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Faruko

Its called pascal and the arch itself isnt that important

It could be using pascal but a 1050, while being Maxwell and using a 980ti, the idea of using a newer arch instead of powerful one is better energy efficiency + the ability of downclock to keep temps in check.

PS4Pro is doing thw same, full polaris 10 (RX 480) but downclocked to oblivion making it even less powerful than the RX470, While Scorpio is suuposedly using AMD next gen "Vega" but underclocked to full RX480 performance

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

WebHead

@Faruko i know but tegra is nvidias mobile soc line, which has kind of been doing bad lately.

WebHead

Nicolai

skywake wrote:

You can see with the headphone jack it's about as thick as a closed 3DSXL. For the other dimentions this is from arstechnica's approximations which I've rounded to the nearest 5mm:

Tablet: 180x105mm
Tablet + Joycons: 250x105mm

For comparison:
3DS: 134x74mm
3DS XL: 156x93mm
2DS: 144x127mm
GamePad: 259x135mm
PSVita: 182x83mm

Wow, the switch is a lot smaller than I thought! The nerdy side of me felt compelled to cut out a model out of paper towels. I drew the buttons way too small, but you get the idea.

Untitled
There's actually a slim chance it could awkwardly fit in my pocket, even!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

iKhan

I'm surprised there are still people who think this will be in the ballpark of the Wii U in terms of power.

Epic Games has confirmed NX supports Unreal Engine 4, a feat that they laughed about when it was asked about Wii U.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

YellowFighter wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

Nintendo confirmed to Polygon that Switch won't work as having a second screen for gameplay in the home like Wii U. “Nintendo Switch is dedicated to deliver a single-screen experience, on whatever screen you might choose.”

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/21/13362890/nintendo-switch-no...

In that case, it looks like you might be able to generally use a regular controller then.

The trailer pretty much established that. The only time the TV was on was when it was docked.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

skywake

@Nicolai
I'll do one better. Here's a scaled print of the Switch with Nintendos for scale
Untitled

edit: The print may be just marginally too big but you get the idea.

Edited on by skywake

Nicolai

@skywake: Hmm... you think it will fit in our pockets? After all, the 3DS XL does pretty okay. The Switch looks just barely too big, but maybe if I tried hard enough... with the joy-cons removed...

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

skywake

Top 10 videos as of right now across the Nintendo, XBox and Playstation official youtube channels.

1. PS4 Trailer - 32.8 mill views
2. Gears of War 4 trailer - 17 mill views
3. PS4 "used game" video - 15.9 mill views
4. Powers trailer - 15.1 mill views
5. FFVII trailer - 14.2 mill views
6. PS4 trailer - 13.7 mill views
7. God of War trailer - 13 mill views
8. Nintendo Switch trailer - 13 mill views
9. XBox One S trailer - 10.9 mill views
10. Uncharted 4 trailer - 10.4 mill views
[...]
15. Zelda: BotW trailer - 9.4 mill views

@Nicolai
I think it depends on what sort of case you have for it. My 3DSXL has a super bulky case and I still (somehow) manage to fit it in my pocket. Most of the time. Not jeans but in a jacket it'll fit in ok. So if I can get a tablet style case for this? I reckon I could carry it around but only without the JoyCons.

Edited on by skywake

Nicolai

@skywake: I just managed to fit a screen protector box in my pocket, and it is slightly wider, slightly longer, and just as thick as my paper towel cut out (EDIT: Ahem... just as thick as the Switch, not the paper towel ). So yes, I have confirmed it, it will fit in your pocket, so long as you remove the joy-cons.
Untitled

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

shaneoh

NintyFan wrote:

Nintendo confirmed to Polygon that Switch won't work as having a second screen for gameplay in the home like Wii U. “Nintendo Switch is dedicated to deliver a single-screen experience, on whatever screen you might choose.”

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/21/13362890/nintendo-switch-no...

How boring

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

skywake

A timeline of events:
November 2012: Wii U launch
July 2013: NVidia Shield Portable launch
June 2014: Nintendo's last big push for the Wii U at an E3
July 2014: NVidia Shield Tablet launch (more or less what the Switch is)
March 2015: Nintendo announce NX, say nothing much else
May 2015: NVidia Android TV launch
June 2016: A one game E3 for Nintendo
August 2016: NVidia anounced that they'd cancelled plans for a new Shield Tablet
October 2016: Switch reveal trailer

Edited on by skywake

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic