Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,541 to 47,560 of 69,997

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah yea, I only played it for 30 minutes or so on my tv tho. But I was just calling out how the review didn't really show the handheld shots and it made wonder how it is, is all.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, I finished the demo on my Lite, @NintendoByNature .... I thought it looked beautiful!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Oh, just refresh the page. Reviews cycle through a number of apparently randomly selected screenshots whenever you load them. I refreshed a few times and saw at least three or four different "handheld mode" snaps.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM good stuff. It looks good from what I played. Just thought it was odd is all had me wondering if NL was trying to hide something about handheld lol
@Ralizah weird, is that a new feature? I don't recall that happening before.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Doubt that, @NintendoByNature.... I haven't bothered looking for reviews on that game

SW-4357-9287-0699

EvilLucario

Didn't like the Trials of Mana demo when I played on PC. Felt a bit too simple for a 3D action game, and I was playing on Hard.

Honestly I'd probably just play the original, where I do own the Collection of Mana thanks to an impulse buy on a sale lol. So yeah.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

Jesus christ, I knew Animal Crossing did well, but...

https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/worldwide-digital-game...

"Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold more digital units in a single month (5.0M) than any console game in history. The Nintendo-published title broke the console record for monthly digital game sales previously held by Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII. Animal Crossing: New Horizons also roughly matched the first-month digital sales of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokémon Sword and Shield put together. The game’s combination of social features and a relaxing setting likely appealed to individuals stuck at home. Closures of brick and mortar stores also meant that a higher share of consumers purchased the game digitally compared to past Switch titles."

I'm calling it now: when all is said and done, Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be the Switch's best-selling title.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Perhaps, but I'm still thinking BotW2 was their planned Zelda title for this year even if it doesn't hit. And I don't recall if we've ever had a Nintendo mobile title released the same year it's announced. If anything, I'd expect it to have been their planned title for next year.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah yea it's killing it. Between the switch doing well, people being stuck at home, Nintendo not releasing anything since Pokemon and until XC:DE, it was a recipe for success. You have the life long fans of the series that'll buy day 1, and people like me who took a chance on it for a multitude of reasons( feeling stir crazy and having nothing to play, etc). It was a perfect match.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Heh, I feel pretty sure they didn't, @NintendoByNature... &, in all honesty, I don't care, anyway I'm sure I'll enjoy it & it'll be the best of the trilogy, which is quite something

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM yea its doing pretty well from what I've seen here and Nintendo enthusiast. Looks like itll be a solid outing.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yep, they've learnt from the SoM remake..... I still liked that a lot, so I should love this one

SW-4357-9287-0699

link3710

@Ralizah So looking at the numbers we have... are we expecting over 10 million copies sold in the first month / first week and a half? Cause we know there's 5 million digital, over 1.8 million physical in Japan in just the first three days, physical outsold every Nintendo title besides Smash Ultimate and Brawl in NA, and topped every EU sales chart that publishes data. Honestly, I think it might have made it as high as 12-13 mil by the end of Q1 from what we've seen... I really want to see investor data now, but that's still two weeks out.

link3710

TuVictus

Got Celeste on sale for $5. I had it on Xbox One, but it just feels like a Switch game, so I'll probably finish it this time.

Now I just need Hat in Time and two of my most wanted indie games will be mine

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Moving Out is coming out in a few days and it's been reviewing pretty well. I played the demo solo and it was pretty fun, but much like Overcooked it's meant for co-op. Too bad I don't really have someone to play it with!

Streets of Rage 4 looks absolutely sublime. From the gameplay to the visuals to the soundtrack, it looks like they nailed the SoR feel.

On another note, anyone notice that some of these higher profile indies are launching at $25 or $30 instead of $20? $20 is definitely still the standard price for indies that are at least halfway decent, but more and more we're seeing higher profile indies like the ones mentioned above and the new Shantae launch at higher prices.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic