Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,841 to 46,860 of 69,997

redd214

Amazon dropped of our Animal Crossing switch a little bit ago. Really is a nice looking color scheme. Wish the would've made a lite with that colorway!

redd214

HobbitGamer

@redd214 Plot twist; It has to be in self-quarantine for 14 days

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Dezzy

Buizel wrote:

That said - how many actually bought Xenoblade on its initial release?

Based on the price of the original retail version, all of the copies sold out pretty quickly. So however many they printed!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@HobbitGamer hope not lol. For anyone in US or Canada is up on Amazon right now if you're quick.!

redd214

Heavyarms55

@Buizel I didn't even know the game existed initially. At that point I didn't follow gaming news heavily so if my friends didn't know about a game and tell me - or if I didn't see it in a store and find it interesting, I just didn't know about it.

After Chuggaconroy started LPing it I was instantly interested and at that point there were 4 Game Stops and an... I guess we would call it an "indie game store" now? A privately own game store all within a short drive of my home, so I went to each one looking for a copy and I found exactly one, for 55 dollars, used. #NoRegrets

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Xyphon22

I still kick myself that the first Gamestop I went to after it came out had like 5 copies just sitting on the shelf. If I would have just bought them all instead of just one I could have made a fortune. But that would have been mean.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Tyranexx

I didn't follow game news very heavily at the time, so I fully missed out on the original Xenoblade Chronicles until it was too late to track down a reasonably priced copy. Then I missed it again on the 3DS as I had no way to play it until about a year ago; once again, new copies were overpriced and hard to track down.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

link3710

I got Xenoblade Chronicles new... but I don't recall it having a pro controller. Of course, by the time I got the game the Wii U was just about to come out since I'm in NA, though that was probably for the best since my Wii was broken.

link3710

JaxonH

Just got My Hero One’s Justice 2 Collector Edition, and it’s slick. Huge box, beautiful Steelbook case, figure... and it’s a high quality game. They basically took the first game and just ran with it, made everything bigger, better and a little more polished. Looks and runs great on Switch.

Also finally got my Darksiders Genesis Collector Edition, an even bigger box than My Hero One’s Justice 2. It’s like it’s a competition to see who can make the biggest collector box. Everything comes with an 8 inch figure now.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH I'd totally play a My Hero Academia game - if it wasn't just a fighter. As big of an anime fan as I am - and honestly of all regular commenters on this site I probably am the biggest anime nut - I don't buy many anime games because so many of them are just fighting games - and that's fine for people who like fighting games. But they never hold my attention. They're fun for a couple days then they collect dust on my shelf. In a way, I admire people who can have fun just mastering and playing a fighting game over and over. Because they clearly have a blast. But there's always been something about the genre that just doesn't hold my attention.

JaxonH

@Heavyarms55
Ya know I kind of agree. And I didn’t used to be that way. I grew up on Street Fighter II Turbo. Memorized every move in the game, used to play in on-the-spot showdown tournaments at my local Walmart’s SNES demo station with all the other 2nd graders. Played at the arcades... it was amazing.

And when Ultra Street Fighter II released on Switch, I got my Hori V arcade stick and relived a lot of that. But honestly, aside from that game, and perhaps Smash, most fighters haven’t been able to keep my attention this generation. Now that I think back on it, the one I played most after Ultra Street Fighter II and Smash was Mortal Kombat XI, and I doubt I even put 10 hours in that game. But the thing is I still like the games. I love fighters as a genre I’ve played my entire life. And even though I guess I am realizing I tend to not play many of them that long I still like having them because they are great for on the spot MP, even if, truthfully, there are other games I would choose to play for that. Idk.

Samurai Showdown was good too. But I haven’t played it much.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH That's the thing, I don't dislike the games. I can have fun with them, for a couple play sessions. But then my interest fades. After I run thing arcade mode a few times and try out all the interesting looking characters I'm usually pretty good.

I think a big part of it is that fighting games rarely have you really progressing or building anything up beyond maybe unlocking characters and stages. Almost all games that I play for an extended period tend to be games where I'm improving a character, progressing a story, building something or some clear and obvious form of progression beyond just my own skill. As lazy as it sounds, I don't want to practice playing a game, I want playing the game to be the practice - for the game to train me while giving me a story or something. Fighting games are really games that make you practice in the literal sense. To get better, I just have to play it over and over and over and that stops being fun after a while and just becomes a chore.

I love it when I go through a game and get to the climax and all the skills that game has taught me along the way without my even noticing, are utilized in that finale. Games where, if I've leveled my character, unlocked the abilities, done the side quests, I walk into that boss battle and I feel like the boss should almost be worried about me!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

BruceCM

I'm the same, @Heavyarms55 .... I'll only get fighting games on a good sale, since I will play them a little & they can be handy to have around

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

EvilLucario

yo it's been some time

Been busy with life and stuff but now I've been swinging back at games! Been playing CrossCode lately on PC for 50+ hours, and it's damn good. Easily one of my favorite games I've played in 2019 so far. Can't wait for the Switch version later this year.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

gcunit

@EvilLucario Wow man, you been so out of it you didn't even notice it was 2020! 😆

Tell me about Cross Code, what do I need to know?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

@JaxonH - those CEs look awesome. But with so many boutique preorders opening next week I can't justify going after them. Just like with the Rockman 5-in-1, I spend my days waiting for them to go on deep discount.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
It's tough because more and more, they're selling out and never getting restocked. It's also hard getting ones without damage. Have to order 3 different times and keep returning to get one that doesnt have a damaged box.

Rune Factory 4 Special Edition finally arrived today, and its damaged, again, but at least it's not noticeable and the front is fine. I've learned to live with that.

MarioVillager92

@JaxonH I might end up getting MHOJ2 as well. I've been getting into My Hero Academia since last summer, though I never played the first game. Should I go straight for the sequel?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

JaxonH

@MarioLover92
Ya, I'd say so. It's the better game. Bigger roster. No reason to buy the first imo.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic