Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,501 to 46,520 of 70,068

link3710

@FragRed By the time that happens, it seems likely the Switch's successor will have at least been announced, so they might target that instead. Considering the late 2020 launch, PS5 and XBSX probably won't be in full swing until mid to late 2022 after all.

link3710

toiletduck

Picked up Rayman in the sale and started playing yesterday. So far it's a lot of fun! Is there any reason to switch characters, besides cosmetics? Any differences in mechanics?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

darkfenrir

Just saw this trailer for this game and it looks really good! I hope that it'll have Easy mode or something- it seems pretty cool game and Switch exclusive right now too

darkfenrir

redd214

@toiletduck it's been years since I've played but I'm pretty sure it's just cosmetic and all the characters handle exactly the same. Such an awesome game glad you're enjoying it!

redd214

toiletduck

@redd214 cool, thanks! Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll get the 10 bucks worth out of this.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Grumblevolcano

Number 3 of Platinum 4 is a new studio in Tokyo that's developing GaaS (Games as a Service) games. I wonder if number 4 is Scalebound revival developed by this new studio (Microsoft probably wanted it to be a GaaS game as almost all Xbox Game Studios games over the past 5 or so years are GaaS).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@toiletduck you're welcome, definitely worth it at that price, I bought it on Ps3 and ps4 that's how good it is!

redd214

link3710

@toiletduck That's an utter steal. I bought the game on both Wii U and Switch at full price... Such a good game.

link3710

Magician

@GrumbleVolcano - Not one but two live service games? Bleh. This is part of their deal with Tencent no doubt. They'll probably be good experiences (this is Platinum afterall), but there are too many of these live service games. Games that are built to never be finished, games that are built to keep player engagement at the maximum, and that ask players to keep spending.

But there's no denying that mobile gaming monitization strategies make bank.

How much did Fire Emblem Heroes rake in last year, half a billion?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Magician I mean, the second one was just a theory. We only know of one in the vaguest of terms.

link3710

rallydefault

@StuTwo
Yea, I'm loving it. In my opinion, it's soooooo much better than the first Yooka Laylee. If this were the first game in the new franchise, I think they'd have a lot more good will (though I think Yooka Laylee still did pretty well).

rallydefault

Anti-Matter

Another upcoming Switch games from playasia.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter The moon one could be interesting. I love sci-fi. Off to Google I go!

[edit] Might be interesting, but it sounds more like a post apocalyptic story than a sci-fi game. I don't know what it is with writers - why so few are willing to just tell a good sci-fi story without shoehorning in some disaster or monster or something.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JaxonH

Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection
Near perfect. No input lag. Lots of extras. Added save points. Great games. What more could one want.

Rune Factory IV Special
Surprisingly holds up very well on Switch. The assets are all super crisp and sharp HD. Looks extremely clean on the Lite. Text is fast and dialog buttons are incredibly responsive to move dialogue forward. It just feels so snappy, which is a small thing but it makes the game a lot more pleasant to play. This is one of those games where I hear all kinds of people rave about it, and even my brother who typically sticks to games like The Surge 2 and Nioh told me he put in 60 hours on the 3DS. I’m liking it so far.

Samurai Showdown
All around, another top tier fighter on Switch. The visuals do take a bit of a hit, but nothing near as egregious as Mortal Kombat XI (which honestly still looked pretty good all things considered). And to be fair it’s not really the visuals at all because the visuals look nearly identical. It’s just the resolution that takes a bit of a hit, at least in handheld mode. Backgrounds still seem really sharp, but the characters seem like they are 540p rather than 720p. That to me is within normal range of handheld games on Switch. It looks about as good as one would expect a current gen game like this to look running on a handheld.

Plays very smooth, haven’t noticed any issues in that respect. I saw some videos that showed it does drop in to the 50 range but, in practice it would seem that matters little because it’s not enough for me to notice anything.

Modes are limited to your story, your training and tutorial, offline and online battles. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done and it has all the single player modes, which is more than can be said for Street Fighter V when it launched. I really appreciate how different this game is and how it plays more to technical defense.

The Witcher 3
Still playing. Still looks noticeably better in handheld mode (even my brother was astonished at the jump with sharpness filter on to balance AA on the Lite, to the point I think he may even pick it up now). Still bouncing saves between Lite and PC. This game is still utterly amazing. Just had to reiterate that.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH pretty excited to play megaman. I'll grab it this weekend. I used to play alot of nes and snes megamans back in the day, but anything past that era I missed out on. Excited to see what this collection is all about and i heard nothing but good things on YouTube.

NintendoByNature

darkfenrir

Anyone here played Tangledeep? Kind of want to know the opinions on it.

darkfenrir

NintendoByNature

After 5 stops I finally secured a copy of megaman 😋. I guess they didn't send out many copies to stores.

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

It's a pretty good week for shooter fans. Metro Redux released today, plus Call of Juarez, Bulletstorm, and of course the Doom series are all on sale.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DannyBoi

What do people think of Nintendo's 2020 so far? from 1 to 10.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic