Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,481 to 46,500 of 69,981

Aozz101x

A Samurai Jack game is coming to Switch. (As well as PC/PS4/XBONE)

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

link3710

@Aozz101x Man, that looks like it could be actually good. Adult Swim games (and Cartoon Network in general) has actually had some decent games in their history so...

@NintendoByNature That is one I have to pick up. Do we know if Zero Collection's changes are in?

And jeez I'm hearing good things about Metro collection too...

link3710

Late

Played some Samurai Shodown today. Didn't touch the story mode yet but played some online matches with my sister. It looks, sounds and plays like Samurai Shodown. It's fun. I'll check out the other modes tomorrow.

I also played the pre-order bonus Samurai Shodown! 2. I doubt many have played it before since it's originally for Neo Geo Pocket Color. It's fascinating how well it plays even though it only has two buttons. The music and sound effects took a big hit though. I can recognize the themes but they play at 1/3 speed. It's also full of translating mistakes like other old SNK games.

Played through the story with Shiki. It was very easy, at least until the last two stages. It seems to have unlockable cards that can add more special moves to your characters as well as passive bonuses. They'll probably come in handy when trying to beat the story on hard. Seems like the game had card trading before but that's not available in this version. But to my surprise, the multiplayer mode is. Since it's originally a handheld game, the emulator links with itself and provides a split screen game. The funny thing is that it splits it like this:
Untitled
All in all, it's a great bonus.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

NintendoByNature

@link3710 I'm not sure honestly. But I'm eyeing metro too. I did have it ordered but canceled it due to funds. I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart will have both games discounted too so that's where I'll pick up megaman next week.

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

I noticed that Call of Juarez is 25% off on the US eShop when I went to go download the other Doom games. More shooters for me!

Doom 3 or Call of Juarez will make for a very nice change of pace after I finish Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

rallydefault

@IceClimbers
How are you liking Impossible Lair? I'm absolutely loving it. Can't wait to play it every day!

rallydefault

IceClimbers

@rallydefault It's really good! Scratches that DKC itch. The soundtrack is amazing too.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Heavyarms55

@Aozz101x That's a surprise! Did the show get a reboot at some point? I'm surprise such an old cartoon would get a game now, all of the sudden. I remember liking the show well enough but I never got too into it. I somehow both like and dislike the art style at the same time.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, the series had a season 5 that finished the story a few years ago, and we saw some season 5 content in the trailer unsurprisingly. Season 5 was adult swim, hence their making it instead of CN.

link3710

StuTwo

rallydefault wrote:

@IceClimbers
How are you liking Impossible Lair? I'm absolutely loving it. Can't wait to play it every day!

I've been playing it too. Really enjoying it - makes me wonder why (given DKC:R was such a mega hit more than a decade ago) this is the first time anyone has ever seriously attempted to do a high quality take on the same concept. I don't think it's as good as either DKC:R or DKC:TF but it's still very good.

Gives me definite DKC3 vibes throughout.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

NintendoByNature

That yacht club games presents is about to kick off in 15 or so. I'll check it out myself.

NintendoByNature

FragRed

@link3710 Would be surprised if this was coming to Switch if it ends up targeting PS5/XBSX. However if there is a PS4/XOX version then the Switch I think is more likely. But yeah, given how it seems to be only now just starting development it's going to be a long while till we see this game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

@FragRed I mean, they specifically said it's coming to all platforms so... why wouldn't Switch be included? It's not like Platinum is a company that avoids Nintendo releases.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 As of right now that may well be their plan, but things change and it will all depend on how much of a sacrifice in performance the end game will need to take a hit to make it workable on the Switch, and if it’s not something that’s anywhere near completion as it doesn’t seem to be if they are needing to open a new studio to help develop the game, then who knows what the end target platforms end up being. Best to not assume anything until that Switch logo appears on a trailer.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

@FragRed While it's fine not to assume, I meant that I don't see why you'd be surprised if it was announced for Switch when platforms are revealed after that comment. Sure it could miss it, but considering it's in the initial plans I don't see it as surprising to be there.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 Maybe Platinum will keep to that promise, I think it’s just that there have been a few cases where consoles have been skipped despite what had been announced due to whatever reason. Though some were certainly Kickstarter campaigns.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed It seems more 3rd parties are releasing current gen versions with next gen patches (kind of like Xbox One X and PS4 Pro patches) rather than next gen versions so I doubt Switch would be skipped.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@FragRed Mmm... What games are those? As far as I know, the only cancelled Switch games so far are Steep (Ubi's snowboarding game) and that one hockey game, whatever it was called. Pretty sure everyone's been surprisingly good about keeping their promises. Delays, plenty, but not too many cancellations.

link3710

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I know CD Project Red said they were doing that and Ubisoft with Rainbow Six Siege but didn’t know anyone else had come out and confirmed that was their plans. I guess that makes sense given how Microsoft is treating this more of the next upgrade rather than a new generation. Though Sony definitely seem to be the traditional one here. But still, as long as the current generation of PS4 and Xbox One X is supported than yeah I see the Switch won’t be an issue. It was more if it takes so long to come out that next generation is the focus hardware wise and they don’t bother with current generation.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic