HobbitGamer

JaxonH wrote:

Cute Irish Boys

Uh, wat?
Yeah, I’ll probably upgrade next year.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

Jaxon's images generally have spam links attached, a problem with whatever image upload provider he uses.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH That’s what I thought, just making sure you weren’t being slowly replaced by an adbot 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@HobbitGamer Remove the quote so no-one accidentally clicks the spam link.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@StableInvadeel @Grumblevolcano
Sure, that’s loads better... this is why no one likes eels.

So I’ve got over 50 in my shop account, and couldn’t bring myself to use it. There’s now too many fun games, it’s given me analysis paralysis

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer I have that issue too. I almost never run out of eshop credit and it's almost always replenished due to some bday, fathers day etc. Never run out because of my indecisiveness. I have $12 in credit plus $14 In gold. And another $14 in gs credit. The 12 and 14 on the eshop are easy though this time around= waiting on ori to go up for preload. As for the 14 in gs credit, being that gs almost never has discounts on new games or preorders, I think I might use it on the only gs exclusive coming out in the near future, Ghost Busters remastered. Its either that or eshop credit but most of the upcoming games I want are physical and you can usually get them discounted thru Wal-Mart or Amazon

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

I still buy physical, but also digital for anything that qualifies as a “high quality game I feel deserves to be accessible 24/7”. I have to limit it enough to fit all the digital purchases of games falling in that category onto a 1TB micro SD card, and I have to make sure it lasts the rest of the generation (which we are only halfway through). But that’s becoming an ever increasing challenge as so many great games are releasing now.

Digital purchases from June to the end of the year for me include Mario Maker 2, Crash Team Racing, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, God Eater 3, DQ Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening, Daemon X Machina, Ni No Kuni, Spyro Trilogy, The Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, Torchlight II, Dragon Quest XI S, Mario & Sonic Olympic Games 2020, and still plan to buy Ori and the Blind Forest, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword, DOOM Eternal, Pillars of Eternity 2, Darksiders 2, Darksiders Genesis, A Hat In Time, Sniper Elite III, Atelier Ryza, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6 and Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

And I actually just picked up Battle Chasers Nightwar in the 50% off sale. Thanks to Switchlist emailing me when it went on sale, I can actually hold off on certain games now and just buy when they’re cheaper. But I’ve been wanting that game for a while since it’s from the same creator as Darksiders.

I’ve taken advantage of Ralizah’s tip, and restock eShop credit via Raise website. You get eShop cards for 9% off. It’s given as credit for your next purchase, but I just perpetually apply the credit to my next eShop card purchase, so after the first one you’re getting 9% off every time after that. Stack that on top of the 5% back in gold coins and it makes for a 14% discount on every eShop purchase. Combine that with a dozen vouchers for all the 1st party games releasing from Mario Maker 2 through June 2019, and it makes the financial burden a little easier to bare.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

JaxonH

Yes.

Preorders for both on Amazon. Yooka-Laylee is also up on BestBuy and other retailers. Still waiting for A Hat In Time listing on BestBuy though.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH cool thanks. So add yooka to physical list for me. October is hitting hard actually. Might be worse for me than September

Edit : Mario and sonic at the Olympics is $49 on Amazon u.s. Just preordered

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Oh ya. Amazon and Walmart have been aggressive with their $49.99 preorders.

Once my BestBuy GCU expires next March, I’ll be taking full advantage. Shame too. BestBuy sometimes offers $10 gift cards or reward certs for certain games, which combined with GCU, 6% back with CC and double reward points, makes $40 games like Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist like $18-19 day one.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@StableInvadeel I also downloaded it (how could I not?). It's alright. Definitely not a bad game, although even the mid-range difficulty songs give me a hard time. I hate going back and forth between the touch screen and control sticks, and, when the game suddenly throws prompts and me to move the control sticks in opposite directions, my brain just kind of locks up on me.

Otherwise, it's a pretty standard rhythm game. I don't know any of the music, though, so that's a very mixed bag for me. I find myself yearning either for the commercial songs found in titles like Elite Beat Agents (what I wouldn't give for a proper sequel to that!) or for really good video game music, like in Theatrhythm.

I've already had more than eighty cents worth of fun with it, though, so it was a good purchase.

Ralizah

StableInvadeel

It reminded me a lot of the Persona 4 rhythm game. The controls and interface are kinda similar.

The easier songs are pleasant to play, anything beyond rank 4 seems to be just me staring at the screen like an idiot trying to comprehend what's going on.

I'm sure it's one of those things that get better with practice. After one hour playing I was already in an unblinking zen state, trying my best to keep my eyes staring at the center of the screen, moving the joycons up and down like it has some effect.

Haven't played with touch inputs yet. It works well enough with just the buttons. But yes these control stick prompts are evil.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ninfan

The new switch will not be able to use the controllers on there own they will be one whole piece with the screen . IS THIS STUPID????

Ninfan

3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Anti-Matter

Link-Hero wrote:

@Ninfan
-Ring-
-Click-
Is this the Krusty Crab?

NO !!
This Is Patrick !! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic