Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,901 to 44,920 of 45,621

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Psst, check my another drawings on Chit Chat thread. 😀

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

JaxonH

Darksiders Genesis

Apparently it’s a prequel (hence the name Genesis) to the first game in the series.

It’s also still a Darksiders game. As in, it’s not a Diablo style game just because it has an isometric view. The devs say the three pillars of Darksiders has always been combat, puzzle solving and exploration, and that’s exactly what you’ll get with Genesis. It’s not a hack and slash dungeon crawler.

They also modified the game’s puzzles to be different for co-op, so that you have single player puzzles when by yourself, and puzzles only two people can solve when playing together. There is also a synergy meter that builds up in co-op, allowing you to pull off a really cool special move you can’t do in single player.

There’s even open areas between dungeons where Death can summon his horse, or Strife his new horse, like in Darksiders 2.

Basically, it’s the Darksiders game of my dreams. Still 100% Darksiders, all 4 horsemen playable and co-op with puzzles changing based on number of players.

That’s... incredible. My interest in the game was already there, but now the mega-hype is setting in.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

kkslider5552000

I'm interested, and I had always wanted them to make this game when I realized that each game had you play as one of FOUR different characters (which might've been before I ever played one of them, so that says a lot).

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

gcunit

I booted up the Dragon Quest XI demo for the first time last night. The intro credit sequence alone was enough to make me wanna instabuy.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Spanjard

Maybe not instabuy because too many games, we’ll see, but a definite buy sooner or later. The art is super attractive, music great; looks like a fun and relaxing game.

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

toiletduck

@gcunit @Spanjard I've put a few hours in the demo. So far it's great, definitely buying day 1. I love the art style and the interfaces.

toiletduck

Tsurii

@Spanjard give the demo a shot, if you got time. I put around 5h in so far and am still got a bit to go, apparently. Each and every time I felt like I got to a point where it'd end on some sort of cliffhanger or big early game twist it kept going for another hour lol

Great game already tho, super fun and charming.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

DenDen

@JaxonH amazing I Need this so freaking much

Now playing
Switch : Astral Chain, Fire emblem tree Houses, Daemon X Machinema, (updated 14-09-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

rallydefault

@gcunit
It's a great game with a nice older feel to it. I was looking for this kind of feel in games like I Am Setsuna, but the polish wasn't there. Dragon Quest has the polish. Definitely buying.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

linq

Lots of praise for DQ XI S. I was going to play the 3ds version. Is the switch version much better?

linq

NintendoByNature

Question: as I haven't fired up the demo yet.. can you switch be graphics with a single button or are there certain areas in the game where you can switch the graphics?

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@DarkRula gotcha thanks. Id say that's disappointing, but they're also giving us a 10 hour demo, so... cant really complain

NintendoByNature

darkfenrir

@NintendoByNature To change the graphics, you'll have to go to the church, and doing that will also roll your story back to the latest one you did instead of your current progress iirc.

@linq the Switch version pretty much incorporate all of the 3DS' 2D version + PS4 3D version into it (so mini 3D model is the only thing 3DS' version has an advantage on) and added various QoL update + some stories as well iirc. Stuff like forging anywhere, ultra fast battle, etc.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

linq

@darkfenrir Hmm, the Switch version sounds like the way to go. Thanks!

linq

JaxonH

Look at these play times for max brightness + WiFi on Old vs New Switch.

7 hours for Smash and Pokémon Let’s Go?!! at max settings + WiFi?!! 8.5 hours for Final Fantasy IX?!! 5 hours for Zelda BotW, Dragon Quest XI S, Dark Souls, Diablo 3 and DOOM?!! 5.5 hrs for Rocket Leage?!! This new Switch revision is a Godsend. Smash is getting 4.25 additional hours at max settings than the OG model.

Untitled

Idk if this data was extrapolated or not. Cant find the source of the tests. But even if they’re within +/- 20% that’s still amazing

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic