Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,901 to 44,920 of 69,964

MsJubilee

I can't believe Pokken DX isn't on sale anywhere! Did Nintendo and the Pokemon Company forget about it?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Magician

@Grumblevolcano - SMM2 certainly underperformed, especially when compared to NSMBU. But I honestly feel that SMM2 lacked a strong marketing push. All the Nintendo influencers played it for a couple weeks, but then suddenly nobody was talking about the game. I'm not sure an adjusted release date would've helped much.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

rallydefault

@Magician
Yea, I feel like it has legs, though. I mean, I still watch people like Ryukahr play it on YouTube/Twitch all the time, and I think it'll have a nice holiday season.

I kind of agree that Nintendo may have packed things a bit TOO closely together this late summer/fall, though. I feel like SMM2, Three Houses, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Pokémon... dang... it was awesome, but a little much, and maybe things could've been spaced a bit more. But it's like... what would they have done? Spaced things out a bit to release Pokémon Black Friday instead of a couple weeks ago? You can't miss Black Friday if you're gonna release something for the holidays, so I guess I see why everyone was so close.

rallydefault

JaxonH

I’m starting to get really excited for Assassin’s Creed Rebel Collection. I’ve been waiting 3 years to be able to play Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag on handheld. Wii U gave a small taste to whet the appetite, but Switch sees the vision brought to life. In my excitement I fired up Assassin’s Creed III again, and man... it’s a really solid release. Especially post-patch. It looks better on Switch Lite than it did on Wii U, which is just crazy. It still amazes me when I play games that are at parity (resolution wise and graphically) with games I was playing on console just a few years ago. More and more, I’m realizing I prefer top shelf 7th gen ports over severely downgraded 8th gen ports.

And getting another two huge, sprawling Assassin’s Creed games next Friday (ones I actually care about), it’s hype.

Alien Isolation looks good too. Horror isn’t really my preference but this doesn’t look super demonic evil type horror with gore, just scary monster Resident Evil style. That I think I can stomach. But the quality of the port is beyond reproach. And I think there’s another game, Call of Juarez, releasing the Tuesday after. Which, with gyro actually seems like fun. Good, top shelf 7th gen FPS that’s not super low res with muddy textures, and with gyro... that has been sorely needed on Switch. My top pick would be Wolfenstein New Order (my favorite FPS of all time I’d say), but this’ll do.

Oh, and update on Bluetooth. Tried it again today, and suddenly the lag was gone (well, mostly gone... close enough you barely notice). And what’s even more strange is I was using my Arctis 3 with Bluetooth which doesn’t even have aptx. So I don’t know what the deal was, but it seems to be working now. Ordered a PS Platinum headset on Black Friday though, before I discovered the Bluetooth actually works well, so I’ll be sure to compare performance.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Sadist

Ugh, with work eating away my time and other engagements I am currently experiencing a steady backlog experience.

I still need to complete Final Fantasy XII, Astral Chain, Untitled Goose Game, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and I just bought Wolfenstein Youngblood.

Kind of want another round of Fire Emblem Three Houses as well.

And I’m currently also kneedeep into Death Stranding... with Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Devil May Cry 5 waiting on me.

Sadist

Tangerine

@Sadist I've got DMC 5 downloaded and ready to play on xbox one x as part of gamepass. £1 for the first 3 months. Also got doom, forza horizon 4, master chief collection, gears 5 all ready to go. Bought gta5 for £8.20 digitally in the sale. Started jedi fallen order that came with the console bundle. I need to download viva pinyata, banjo kazookie, ori, outer worlds...and countless other gamepass games. What a good library of games they have. Witcher 3 is my first physical game for xbox one. That was just £12 in black friday sale. Read dead redemption 2 has been bought for me but it's a Christmas present so cant play/open that yet.

I'm so impressed with the graphics, coming from nintendo switch. It's incredible on my new 4k HDR QLED 55 inch tv. Xbox one X is incredible. I cant wait for the next gen consoles in a years time.

My only regret is not being able to play playstation exclusive games. But I thought I'd rather have the most powerful console.

I know this is the nintendo switch thread however so sorry for gushing! I cant wait for Cyberpunk 2077 and the new doom game next year.

Switch has taken a back seat currently. When new super luckys tail releases physically that will definitely get instantly played. I may open pokemon and start on that too any day. I'm just so overwhelmed with the gamepass library. I want to play all halo games in order and same for gears of war So I own an xbox one x and an OG switch. Prior to this I had a gamecube last. To give you some idea of how long I've been out of the game, and how many big AAA games I've missed out on.

Edited on by Tangerine

Tangerine

rallydefault

@Tangerine
New Super Lucky's Tale is out physically, at least in the U.S. I bought it a couple weeks ago. One of my favorite games of the year and played it voraciously until I got 100% in just a few days.

Viva Pinata was one of my favorite games on Xbox, even though I'd hesitate to call it a "game" more than an interactive aquarium/garden lol

I'm not much of a graphics person, to be honest. Never really was. I can be playing Gears in 4k on my PC or Stardew Valley in 720p on my Switch and I'm just as happy lol But I get what you're saying. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back on the other consoles and have a grand cinematic experience with some of those PlayStation exclusives or Halo or whatever. That's what I tried to recreate recently with God of War on my PS4 but I just ended up hating the gameplay.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

HobbitGamer

@rallydefault Viva Piñata was sooo fun. I was very happy when I finally got all the achievements in it. I’d play it again on Switch, though. Or Trouble In Paradise.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

rallydefault

@HobbitGamer
Yea, such an awesome game. Those early Xbox 360 days were awesome. Viva Pinata, Geometry Wars, original Gears, Kameo, Call of Duty 2. Our first taste of achievements, which would soon take over the gaming world lol

rallydefault

HobbitGamer

@rallydefault You’re tellin me. I think I’m sitting around 185k gamerscore.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Wow. Ok.

My Switch Lite’s gyro in the Y axis was malfunctioning. Noticed in Assassin’s Creed 3, and I’m like wait, what? Tried Daemon X Machina, same thing. It would only move in the Y with sudden jerks. The X was working perfectly. Tried recalibration but it didn’t help.

I was convinced I was going to have to send my system in for repair. But a reboot has solved the issue, it seems. So strange.

Let this be a word of advice for anyone who ever experiences issues with their gyro.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tangerine

rallydefault wrote:

@Tangerine
New Super Lucky's Tale is out physically, at least in the U.S. I bought it a couple weeks ago. One of my favorite games of the year and played it voraciously until I got 100% in just a few days.

Its not out physically in the UK till December 13th, so I'm holding on. It looks like so much fun. The original is on xbox gamepass but I think all the improvements they have made for the switch version, are worth waiting for. Its meant to be way better than the xbox version.

Viva Pinata was one of my favorite games on Xbox, even though I'd hesitate to call it a "game" more than an interactive aquarium/garden lol

Never played it! But it's on my list from all the good things I've heard :]

I'm not much of a graphics person, to be honest. Never really was. I can be playing Gears in 4k on my PC or Stardew Valley in 720p on my Switch and I'm just as happy lol But I get what you're saying. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back on the other consoles and have a grand cinematic experience with some of those PlayStation exclusives or Halo or whatever. That's what I tried to recreate recently with God of War on my PS4 but I just ended up hating the gameplay.

Yeah I appreciate good graphics, but nintendo's will always be my favourite sort of games. Gameplay > graphics all the way. Having said that a lot of games look great on the switch!

Yeah the novelty will wear off I'm sure, but I'm in awe of just how detailed/realistic the skys look and how rich thd worlds are with high res detail. If this is xbox one x, imagine the next gen console graphics in just a years time. Insane!

Anyway I have my other console now that can play Cyberpunk when it comes out. Thanks Black Friday

Edited on by Tangerine

Tangerine

JaxonH

Always appreciate nice graphics. But I quickly found that it doesn’t keep you interested in a game anymore than normal, after the first few minutes of admiration wears off. That’s not to say it isn’t something I desire. It totally is. But it’s not more valuable to me than say, the same game with good enough graphics playable anywhere.

I started up a new game of Trials Rising on Xbox One X, and the game really does look gorgeous. I very much admire and appreciate its graphical fidelity. But I discovered I wasn’t having any more fun playing it than when I played on Switch (even with analog triggers- the right analog stick managed just fine).

The one exception to that, I’d say, is for games that have to be severely downgraded to run on Switch. More and more I am finding that I am losing my taste for such games, and would rather have 7th gen graphics at 1080p. Wolfenstein games on Switch ultimately disappointed when I thought about how good New Order would have looked with sharp res and textures (it was just a better game all around anyways). Games like Sniper Elite III, Assassin’s Creed III, Resident Evil 5, 6, Revelations 1/2, etc... these games really shine.

I’m to the point I prefer Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, in 1080p, to a severely downgraded port of World. My opinion has evolved on this matter over time as I’ve had a chance to play more and more games. Even Witcher 3 is starting to grate on me on the tv a bit. But that game actually looks incredible in handheld mode and the res isn’t severely tanked, whereas with games like Wolfenstein it was. And that’s its redeeming quality.

But ya, games on the X1X look very nice. Even so, I find myself rarely playing the system nowadays. I think Star Wars was the first game to pull me back in. And then The Mandelorian on Disney+. I don’t think next gen is going to appear to be that huge of a leap though, because we are already slowing down as we approach the limit. Each successive generation is a smaller leap than the last. And with mid gen refreshes, the difference from an X1X, practically speaking, wont seem too much different.

Mobile hardware still has one big jump left in it though, as it’s trailing behind about 1 generation. I look forward to the next generation of hybrid systems.

Ralizah

@Tangerine I'll pitch in a good word for the first two Viva Pinata games. They're charm incarnate, and reasonably deep animal raising sims in their own right. Probably my favorite exclusives on the 360.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

iKhan

Nice graphics are definitely nice, but ironically, I feel Sony has expressly squandered their amazing technology making photorealistic games.

Spider-man and Horizon are the only PS4 exclusives with remotely interesting visuals IMO.

Microsoft has experimented much more with new art styles. Would be nice if their games played as good as they looked.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

RR529

@iKhan, what about Ratchet & Clank, the Gravity Rush games, Tearaway Unfolded, Astro Bot, the Everybody's Golf games, Concrete Genie, MediEvil, the Knack games, and the Last Guardian?

Granted, there's a few mediocre games in there (and a few are enhanced Vita releases if those don't count for whatever reason), but after owning a PS4 for awhile I'm suprised the myth of them only putting out hyper realistic looking games still persists (though I'll admit many of their bigger marketed games fall into this category).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SuperSpaghetti

I kinda hope Mario Kart 9 (or whatever the next game is gonna be called) is gonna come to Switch and not Nintendo’s next console (I don’t think think this is the case but anything can happen). I love the series and am highly anticipating the next game.

Future games collector

WoomyNNYes

SuperSpaghetti wrote:

I kinda hope Mario Kart 9 (or whatever the next game is gonna be called) is gonna come to Switch and not Nintendo’s next console (I don’t think think this is the case but anything can happen). I love the series and am highly anticipating the next game.

Agreed. It makes me jealous they made a WHOLE NEW Mario Kart game.... for mobile, but aren't bringing anything new to the Switch. If you haven't given Crash Team Racing a try, I recommend it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

rallydefault

@iKhan
Yea, definitely something to be said for graphical STYLE. The photo-realism stuff is impressive, but I actually think it's rarely the "right" graphical choice for a game. I don't know. I'm an old-timer. For me, games are supposed to be escapes from reality, not...reality itself lol

So I tend to enjoy games with ultra stylized graphics, fantastical worlds, etc. I LOVE the cartoony graphics of Warcraft III/World of Warcraft, for example. So many people lost their collective minds when WoW first came out in that style, but here we are 15 years later...lol

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

Looking at the zelda themed pdp wired GameCube controller for switch. It's only $15 on Amazon but I've read some mixed reviews. I know theres also the power a and hori.. anyone have experience with these and know which GameCube style controller is the better of the bunch?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic