Astral Chain reviews are pouring in.

Looks like we have another banger.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

link3710

And moments after the first good Astral Chain review is posted, we start seeing people complaining about Nintendo having paid for the game to get good reviews, what a shocker.

link3710

NintendoByNature

I simply cannot wait for astral chain. On the same topic. I watched spawn wave this morning and he said Wal-Mart will have it at launch for $49. I had it preordered thru Amazon for $55. Might cancel it and flip to walmart.

NintendoByNature

DenDen

@Grumblevolcano the Wii u, I can understand.
But the 3ds?
The freaking hell.

Now playing
Switch : Astral Chain, Fire emblem tree Houses, Daemon X Machinema, (updated 14-09-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Late

Note that you can still use a credit/debit card. Just not directly. You have to add the money through Nintendo's website or from a Switch. They combined the eShop with the Nintendo online store. This also means you can add money via PayPal on the website and use it on your 3DS. They didn't have an option to use PayPal on 3DS before so that's actually a good thing. At least if there's still someone who doesn't have a Switch and wants to purchase 3DS games via PayPal.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

EvilLucario

Apparently it's due to EU laws? I heard that on Twitter and I'm skeptical. Can anyone fill us in?

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

ImperiumRegalis

Currently play God Eater 3, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Attack on Titan 2 (without the updated DLC recently released of the Final Battle 2019). Will add my Friend Code when I get home~

ImperiumRegalis

Twitter:

JaxonH

@link3710
Oh I saw that.

Basically, when the score is low, its "see what a horrible game this is, your excitement is unfounded because its objectively garbage" and when it's high, its "ya I cant trust this review, probably biased or paid off".

When asked what their idea of a game that's not mediocre, they start prattling off nothing but PS exclusives. Like ok, noooow I see what's going on here.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Ryu_Niiyama

I am so happy Astral Chain is good (not that I expected any less) but geez it is making it hard to resist. I'm already taking extra shifts as is. If ya'll hear that I died, it is from working extra to pay for games.

Edit...also I didn't realize just how big the NEO GEO section had gotten for switch. I was browsing after my Fighting Game meetup and I'm like hmm I need to drop like 50 bucks at some point. I may not have to buy that Neo Geo after all...

Loving the new costumes that will be coming out on the 30th for MUA3. Symboite suit for spidey! While Captain Marvel' current look is my favorite costume for her (so badarse!) I grew up with Ms. Marvel/Warbird so I'm excited to see that costume return.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama Hold on wait what? New costumes? I've been googling and I can't find anything on the subject of which ones are coming. Please tell me that it's the black suit with the lightning bolt, that's always been a favorite of mine (even if I do like the modern design a bit more).

link3710

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama Ah, thanks! Yeah, these were probably the best three costumes they could have chosen for these characters (though I would have loved the Stealth Suit, Scarlet Spider or Spider-Punk as other options, he's got a ton of good options).

link3710

NEStalgia

@JaxonH We've seen a recent trend of the old trolls returning with new names. Some of them frequently under new names. Preeety sure I can guess which one that is.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@link3710 I am still a big fan of Captain Universe Spidey, but I tend to get blank looks when I mention it. I like Ben Riley's take as well his spiderman suit not the scarlet spider one. For a poor guy Pete was really good at knocking together a costume.

Either way MUA3 is a great love letter to marvel as the other two entries are.

sorry for the double tag
@JaxonH I think the worst part is he doesn't see why he is getting the reactions that he is getting (and he has to have the last word on every comment even if you aren't talking to him). The new trend I'm seeing is the "wizened crotchety old man comment" (its usually a guy doing it, so I'm generalizing here) which usually boils down to some guy wording a comment in a hostile way and refusing to backtrack and then essentially saying nobody else either knows how to have an argument (they aren't looking for a conversation) and that because they have been gaming since the atari 2600 days they know better. If you are positive you are a shill, if they are negative its ok but if you are negative you are over reacting or sensitive or whatever. I'm always shocked how difficult it is for people to accurately convey their thoughts and do so in a way that maintains the flow of conversation rather than being jarring and prodding for an argument (and then acting shocked when that happens).

I love video games (mostly) but I swear...Gamers...sometimes I wonder.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama I know it, if only because Cosmic Spiderman from Earth-13 was such a major player in Spider-Verse (the comic version obviously, not the mostly unrelated movie). That was definitely a cool suit, I wouldn't mind it at all. I'd love Spider-UK too, though that one would rile up the internet I'm sure.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

@link3710 The internet lives to be riled up. I'm not into the flag/patriotic based costumes myself (including Cap, although his modern costume is an improvement) mainly because flags tend to be too complicated and often with colors that don't mesh well, plus I tend to not be a "rah, rah my country is the best" (we are all human) so I don't feel the affinity that the costumes are trying to provoke. Wait I take that back...Women's World Cup... Team USA (or Japan in a pinch) or bust.

However Spiderman has such a varied history of suits to chose from so I'll likely be happy with whatever they pick. But there are some costumes that nostalgia just wins you over. For me Storm's white jumpsuit is forever her "real" costume, same with Wolverine's Yellow and Blue...yeah they wore other colors and styles but as a 90's kid... when I see those suits I hear the Xmen Animated Series music. lol.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama As much as I love Storm's white jumpsuit, I'd personally prefer she gets an outfit with her mohawk. Especially since she does already have a very similar alternate costume to the 90s version.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

Well had a pretty good weekend. I think I converted half my Fighting Game Club to Pokken. Tourney time! I really, really wish that Bamco would keep supporting that game.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Grumblevolcano

I wonder what obscure NES games we'll get next month.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic