Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,721 to 44,740 of 70,004

link3710

Personally, I'd say my GotY is easily Astral Chain, but I imagine DMC5 could challenge that if I'd played it (working on the first one on Switch at the moment actually).

Question though, is Jedi Order actually that good? I literally ignored it completely thanks to EA's name being on it, I didn't think anyone would be suggesting it for GotY.

link3710

link3710

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Last year's was God of War . Only remember that one because I actually semi-agreed with it, even if I haven't finished that game yet.

link3710

NintendoByNature

I just like tuning into the show. It's fun to watch for the game reveals if anything. Smash, astral chain, lm3 and links awakening aught to win some awards, but who knows..i was glad to see cadence get nominated for at least 1 category 😁

NintendoByNature

link3710

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Holy shoot okay, I really want to play that now. I'm a huge Star Wars nut, so until EA got their hands on the license I played basically every game under that license (even Yoda Stories on Gameboy, brrr)

link3710

kkslider5552000

I'm not the biggest fan of the game awards, and quite frankly I'm often baffled when its gotten a positive response. But "well I don't care for these games as much" is a deeply embarrassing reason to doubt the award nominees, doubly so when there's more valid reasons to do so.

It would be like if I went into a diatribe about the moronic reasoning behind Oscar animation winners and all the Hollywood bias towards Disney and its like and the underappreciation of animation from a panel of judges that sometimes don't even watch most of nominees...and my conclusion just being "I DON'T LIKE DISNEY MOVIES, WHY DO OTHER PEOPLE > : ( "

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Buizel

My main disappointment with TGA is the lack of representation from Fire Emblem. Easily my GotY, and it received greater critical acclaim than many of the games nominated for multiple awards (including half of the GotY nominees).

Although, given the nature of the game, I'm not at all surprised.

At least 2'8".

jump

Buizel wrote:

My main disappointment with TGA is the lack of representation from Fire Emblem. Easily my GotY, and it received greater critical acclaim than many of the games nominated for multiple awards (including half of the GotY nominees).

Although, given the nature of the game, I'm not at all surprised.

Fire Emblem was nominated though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Buizel

@jump for only one category afaik - Best Strategy Game.

Tbf I think the award categories aren't really set up for it to do well. The only other categories I could see it belonging to are Best RPG (I would certaintly consider it to be an RPG but I can see where the debate is here) and GotY (I think it's a strong enough game to be here, but not the kind of game that is usually nominated).

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Magician

Considering how Nintendo is dominating nominations in some Game Award categories, it makes me wonder how many world premiere trailers we'll get from Nintendo during the event? With Sony and MS bottling their first party announcements for PS5 and Xbox Scarlett reveal events, I assume this year's Game Awards will be a pseudo-Nintendo Direct of sorts. Or will third party publishers begin building hype for next-gen games now?

Should be interesting.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NEStalgia

I don't know, every year people hype up "TGA will have Nintendo announcements!" And usually it materializes to very little.

NEStalgia

TuVictus

Hm, I dunno, I feel like Bayonetta 3 and the Breath of the Wild gameplay debut were pretty big reveals for a non-direct Nintendo announcement. (Those were both Game Awards announcements, right?)

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@Magician 3rd parties gain very little from making their games exclusive to next gen unless they literally won't run on current gen so I don't think the 3rd party front will change much for the Game Awards announcements. Microsoft exclusives front we know little about Ori 2 and Battletoads meanwhile Sony exclusives front will probably be towards stuff like FFVII Remake, TLoU2 and VR.

I think the Game Awards will be pretty standard but with 1000 times more Death Stranding.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@PikPi Yup! So far we've seen from Nintendo:
2016: Pretty sure we got the first BOTW Gameplay and a new trailer
2017: BOTW DLC Announcement and same day launch
Bayonetta 1+2 Port Announcement
Bayonetta 3 Announcement
2018: Joker for Smash
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order as a Switch Exclusive

So yeah, the last two years had a brand new exclusive announced + at least one other major announcement. I'd assume announcements of the same scale again, a new niche western aimed title and presumably a Smash Trailer for #5.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Dezzy

Nintendo usually do have at least 1 big announcement at the game awards. I'm hoping either a trailer for Bayonetta 3, another Zelda trailer, or a Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

I feel like it's time for a Bayonetta 3 trailer, and Game Awards seems like the perfect audience for it. Same goes for Metroid Prime Trilogy, though that's still technically just a rumor still

TuVictus

Ralizah

I know it's easy to get wrapped up in speculation about big, AAA games coming to the system, but here's a reminder that some incredible looking indies are hitting the system next year (World of Horror still says it's coming in 2019, but... uh... the clock is quickly running out in that regard).

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Cotillion

PikPi wrote:

I feel like it's time for a Bayonetta 3 trailer, and Game Awards seems like the perfect audience for it. Same goes for Metroid Prime Trilogy, though that's still technically just a rumor still

I agree. Of all the franchises and games Nintendo is tied to, Bayonetta 3 seems to me like the one they would debut a trailer of some sort at the VGA, given the audience and setting. Metroid would be a good second, but I think it's far too early given they restarted and I still think Metroid would fall in with Mario, Zelda or whatever else, that Nintendo would show in their own showcase via Direct or E3 Direct.

Bayonetta 3 was also first announced at the VGA, was it not?

Cotillion

redd214

@Ralizah while none of those really appeal to me, man there are some Frickin talented individuals out there!! Amazing work on display with those 3, hope all are successful

redd214

Ralizah

@redd214 It consistently amazes me what people can achieve on often tiny budgets with some talent, a clear vision, and, of course, a love for the medium.

@baller98 TOMORROW?! Christ, that snuck up on me. Thanks for the heads-up, though. I'd completely forgotten about it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic