Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,741 to 44,760 of 69,981

NintendoByNature

Dezzy wrote:

Nintendo usually do have at least 1 big announcement at the game awards. I'm hoping either a trailer for Bayonetta 3, another Zelda trailer, or a Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement.

Yes to everything you said.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@Dezzy I feel like with all the other games in the hype stream, Bayonetta would be a fair "this is still a thing", Zelda is a safe bet, but I think they'd save Metroid Prime for E3 to have "something" hardcore on display to gain some mindshare back during the Scarlett/PS5 dominated show.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

PikPi wrote:

Hm, I dunno, I feel like Bayonetta 3 and the Breath of the Wild gameplay debut were pretty big reveals for a non-direct Nintendo announcement. (Those were both Game Awards announcements, right?)

It wasn't the gameplay debut for BotW. The very first E3 trailer had gameplay in it. It was the second main trailer for the game though. Then in 2017 they did the big DLC trailer at the Game Awards, which released later that day.

NEStalgia wrote:

but I think they'd save Metroid Prime for E3 to have "something" hardcore on display to gain some mindshare back during the Scarlett/PS5 dominated show.

Prime 4 probably yes, but that's why I specifically said Prime Trilogy rather than Prime 4. An HD remaster will be less of a huge deal, but will be still quite a good announcement, because it's 3 whole games that many people have never played.
I love the Metroid series but still never got round to Prime 2 and 3, so I'm eagerly awaiting an HD collection.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

@RR529
That's why I brought up MH World DLC. If that DLC is eligible then DQXIS should have been eligible.

Both are their respective base game with new/revised content repackaged into a separate SKU.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

The Game Awards has allowed enhanced ports before for nominations like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe so if the changes between DQXI and DQXIS are similar to that then it was probably eligible but not nominated.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@rallydefault Oh please, even if Nintendo does announce a Switch 'Pro' by then, the focus will still be on games for Switch.

link3710

JaxonH

Trials of Mana is what’s up.

Probably my #1 most hyped JRPG of 2020 (Xenoblade HD being #2, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore being #3, decided to hold off on Final Fantasy VII for the inevitable complete edition on next gen consoles, or the Switch 2 version, whichever comes first)

Even though the Secret of Mana Remake wasn’t well received I’d like to see that on Switch too, just for the sake of having all the Mana games in modern form (well, all the ones that matter anyways), plus the Collection. But ya, Trials of Mana is it. That’s my big game for Spring right there.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Multiple Final Fantasy games. Collection of Mana. Dragon Quest XI S. Trials of Mana remake. Octopath Traveler.

I haven't seen S-E go all out on a Nintendo console like this in years.

Not sure I'll have any time for Trials of Mana before the later half of the year, though. Final Fantasy VII Remake in March and Cyberpunk 2077 in April is a LOT of RPG.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Oh my gosh. I just dropped my Switch Lite on the kitchen tile floor... hard.

But it was in that magnetic flip case from JP (the one releasing in the west soon), and it protected it. I mean, that thing hit so hard it felt like throwing a baseball at a tile floor and hearing the thud. That's what it sounded like.

But it's fine. The case protected it. The OG Switch doesnt have such protection when you're playing it or ready to put it away. Had that been my OG Switch... I dont want to think about what would have happened to it.

Grumblevolcano

Alien Isolation now has a release date, December 5th. That leaves Dark Crystal, No More Heroes 3, Panzer Dragoon, MUA3 DLC, Dauntless and BotW 2 as the E3 2019 Direct games with no release date.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Snaplocket wrote:

Speaking of which. Is anyone still looking forward to Trials of Mana next year? I sure am.

Considering we just got the original release of Trials as a part of the Mana Collection earlier this year, my excitement for the Trials remake is near zero. I'm much more interested in Shin Megami Tensei V, RPG Maker MV, Brigandine, Langrisser I & II, and The Outer Worlds. 2020 is going to be another stellar year for RPG fans on Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@rallydefault Ah I see. I'm just at bad at reading people on the internet as real life clearly.

link3710

JaxonH

Alien Isolation with gyro, Assassins Creed IV with gyro, Assassins Creed Rogue with gyro and Call of Juarez with gyro, all within a couple days of each other.

That makes me happy. I love a good AAA game on a hybrid, and I love a good AAA game with gyro on a hybrid even more.

@Grumblevolcano
Panzer Dragoon already got pushed back to 2020.

Ralizah

@JaxonH

The Switch is pretty durable, and, thanks to its modular design, it's pretty easy to replace the more vulnerable joycons. I'm guessing your Phat would survive a three foot fall to the kitchen floor.

edit:

Case in point. lol

Edited on by Ralizah

AndyD

How do I create an account with my ID to purchase from Europe or elsewhere? Do I have to have a completely separate account? I’ve never done it before.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah haha I remember watching that video when the switch first released. And everyone's saying don't buy the V1!! Haha

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@scubydo You'll want a separate account for purchases from a foreign eshop, yes.

@NintendoByNature Well, people say not to buy the V1 because of the dramatically superior battery life in the V2. Otherwise, it shouldn't matter.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic