Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,741 to 44,760 of 45,675

Anti-Matter

@Grumblevolcano
LOL 🤣🤣🤣
Princess Peach dived into the pool in 8bit style and still with her gown.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Grumblevolcano

More September stuff:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DenDen

September keeps on giving!!

Now playing
Switch : Astral Chain, Fire emblem tree Houses, Daemon X Machinema, (updated 14-09-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BlueOcean

rallydefault wrote:

@toiletduck
Yea, I think software sales and some of the stuff you mentioned (that not everyone always thinks about) is what really establishes long-term cash flow for Nintendo (and Sony, MS). Yea, at 300 bucks a pop, hardware sales are definitely nice chunks of cash, but for most people they will only buy one of your consoles per generation. So, I buy the Switch once for 300 bucks, but I spend thousands on software over the course of 5 years.

And hardware development and support probably costs boatloads of money. That's why we always have those discussions about selling at loss or profit when a new console comes around.

So yea, software is where it's at. And it's probably a safe bet to say, as others have mentioned, that Nintendo would be THE premier third-party dev if they ever went that direction. They very well could make WAY more money than they're making now without the cost of hardware dev, manufacturing, and upkeep weighing them down. And with the ever-present greed of shareholders, I'm surprised the company hasn't been forced into it already.

I agree.

BlueOcean

Ryu_Niiyama

I feel like after september most of the answers in the "how do you handle your backlog thread" are going to be "I don't." or "denial" or "send HALP"!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

Just quit your job, ez.

You know though, I never once hear people talk about the possibility of Nintendo opening their OWN PC storefront where they get all the money and don't have anyone to pay licencing fees to. People make a big stink about Epic Store, but people would also be willing to pay Nintendo money for an extremely barebones store just to play their games.

Although I wouldn't let current-gen games on it, at least up to GameCube games could possibly be sold. They could even be sold as glorified ROMs and they'd probably make a big amount of money doing so.

But eh, I'm no businessman.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@Ryu_Niiyama I'm trying to cram a few backlog games i really want to play now until next Friday ( chain day). I'm aggressively going to play final fantasy adventure, crash Bandicoot 2, and mega man 11 hopefully this next week and a half. Sure there's other backlog games i can play but those are priority backlog games for me. Oh, plus I need to finish doom 2. Almost done with it. If i can finish these games by at least the end of September while keeping up with astral chain, creature in the well, ori, and links awakening, I'll be a happy camper. Ugh... Kinda want contra and spyro too though 😠. Must....resist.....

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I think I’m just going to nab Zelda and Luigi on release, and wait on any others. I’ve had too many surprise expenses lately.
I would like Astral an Spyro, though. And probably Witcher.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@Ryu_Niiyama For me it's becoming a question of what games not to buy at launch which has been made a much harder question by the fact that Fire Emblem Three Houses has been out of stock in the UK for the past few weeks so if I didn't get that at launch who knows when I would've got it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

For new releases, I think I'm sticking to Ni no Kuni, DQXI S, Pokemon Shield, Shantae, and Ori this year. Everything else will have to wait.

@EvilLucario If Epic wasn't scooping up games with exclusivity deals after Steam releases had already been announced, then there'd be way less anger.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

IceClimbers

There's still a few games coming this year that need release dates: Alien Isolation, FF Crystal Chronicles HD, Rune Factory 4 Special, Darksiders Genesis, Dauntless, The Outer Worlds, and Panzer Dragoon Remake.

I'd honestly be perfectly okay with The Outer Worlds and Panzer Dragoon Remake slipping into early 2020.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

sixrings

FYI Zelda links awakening now says 1 player on eshop

sixrings

JaxonH

As for games I’m planning to actually play (which there is a limit to give and there is only so much time left before the year end), this is the planned lineup. It feels a bit like Tetris trying to figure out how to fit as many games into the schedule as possible.

Astral Chain —> Final Fantasy VIII Remastered —> Ni No Kuni —> Zelda Link’s Awakening —> Darksiders II —> Ori and the Blind Forest —> Dragon Quest XI S —> The Witcher 3 —> Monkey Ball Banana Blitz —> Luigi’s Mansion 3 —> Pokémon Sword —> DOOM Eternal —> Darksiders Genesis —> Panzer Dragoon Remake

Of course I’ll be buying and playing much more, but anything outside of that list of games has no guarantee of playtime or for how long and will likely end up in back log, despite there being some really amazing games I want to play there isn’t time for (A Hat In Time, Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair, Alien Isolation, Pillars of Eternity 2, Atelier Ryza, Daemon X Machina, Spyro Trilogy, etc).

@IceClimbers
Oh hoho, tell me about it.

TBA 2019
Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics
Darksiders Genesis
Pillars of Eternity 2
Small Town Hero
Samurai Showdown
Rune Factory 4
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Panzer Dragoon Remake
Alien Isolation
The Elder Scrolls: Blades
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
Bulletstorm
Super Robot Wars X
2020-TBA
Gods and Monsters (2/25)
Animal Crossing New Horizons (3/20)
Star Wars: Skywalker Saga
Minecraft Dungeons
No More Heroes 3
Empire of Sin
Shantae And The Seven Sirens
Langrisser Collection
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega39’s
Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town
Rune Factory 5
Trial of Mana Remake
Hollow Knight Silksong
The Sinking City
Dauntless
Of Rice And Ruin
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
Hyper Sports R
Streets of Rage 4
Star Ocean 1st Departure R
Inazuma Eleven
Snack World: Trejarar’s Gold
Yokai Watch 4
Bayonetta 3
Shin Megami Tensei V
Persona 5 Scramble
Metroid Prime 4 Trilogy
Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
Digimon Survive
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]
The Outer Worlds
Detective Pikachu
XIII
Rock of Ages III
Little Nightmares II
Port Royale 4

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Tsurii

@sixrings was there anything that made people think it might have multiplayer...? Weird thing to point out imo, but maybe I'm missing something.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

JaxonH

Ok, some honesty.

I’ve never been a fan of the Mario & Sonic Olympics games. They’ve just never really been fun.

But I think I’m sold on this new one. The rock climbing looks really good actually, with smart motion integration, The archery looks absolutely amazing with some of the best motion controls I’ve seen yet, they re-create the 1964 Olympics with retro 2D sprites for everything- it’s like an entire game with 2D sprites included for free, complete with separate retro tunes and events. And it actually looks really fun!

Definitely check this video out. At least to see the rock climbing and the archery and the 2D mode.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

sixrings

@Tsurii under players formerly it said TBD which led people and news sources to speculate if it was going to include a version of four swords or triforce heroes to justify the full cost of this 1 to 1 remaster.

sixrings

HobbitGamer

I didn’t see any speculation along those lines at all. It would also only be a 1-1 remaster if it used Gameboy graphics.
That’s like folks saying StarFox 64 should have been cheaper because it’s a 1-1 remaster of StarFox 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

sixrings

Nintendolife "With very few details about the game available at this point in time, other than the year of release and game trailer (see below), most returning fans are likely expecting it to be a relatively straightforward port, with a new lick of paint and some quality of life changes here and there. The game listing on the official Nintendo website though has led to speculation there could be a multiplayer option in the game, as the page says the number of players has not been determined. See for yourself below:

Links Awakening Listing
We know it's still early days, but given the fact the original title was a solo experience, it raises questions as to why the listing doesn't already say this. If we were to wildly speculate ourselves, perhaps there is a chance Nintendo will add in a bonus mode or game similar to Tri Force Heroes or the Four Swords, as this next outing appears to be another classic take on the series." https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/number_of_players_f...

sixrings

HobbitGamer

I must’ve missed that article, or not remembered it from five months ago. Oh well.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic