Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,601 to 39,620 of 70,008

Ryu_Niiyama

Consumers still have a choice, so since it has been widely embraced by the market then there is some merit to it. I don't partake in microtransactions anyway but I like DLC and Expansions so we vote with our wallets.

Is it time for the Mario Maker direct yet?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Therad

Morpheel wrote:

Therad wrote:

Who gets to decide if something is an harmless opinion or not?

You

From now on, every third post you make will be considered harmful.

Therad

Ryu_Niiyama

...Is this still the switch thread?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama If you have to ask, you clearly haven't been here long enough

On a semi actually on topic note, anyone have any guesses for surprises during today's direct? I'm guessing we'll see a new theme revealed, probably an Odyssey or SMB2(USA) one, in addition to the expected multiplayer announcement.

link3710

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
You seem to be defending it at every turn though. The competition charges for online play just like Nintendo. The difference being that Nintendo keeps the save back up system and switchs version of virtual console behind its paywall the other 2 don't. It's not like holding our saves from being backed up locally has stopped cheaters in online games on the switch. As far as the nes games go I don't want every single one that's offered but I would like to own and play a personal selection anytime and anywhere.

There needs to be more options for offline players, plain and simple. The whole world is not (contrary to popular belief) constantly connected online.

GameOtaku

toiletduck

@Ryu_Niiyama how often do you have to ask this? This is clearly the Nitneod Swatch thread 😉

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Ralizah

Snack World has local co-op, right? If so, it's going on my Day One list for 2020. Fantasy Life was a ton of fun to play with my family.

Pretty sure that, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and a handheld-focused Switch Mini is going to sell a bunch more Switches to my kin.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@GameOtaku
"Defending at every turn"

???????

You're imagining things guy. I've said REPEATEDLY I think the service is lackluster and REPEATEDLY said I AM NOT DEFENDING NSO.

Whether they offer manual save backups or not, it has nothing to do with the online service. That's a SEPARATE COMPLAINT.
The online service didn't take away manual backups. You were missing that functionality BEFORE the online service launched.

I dont care what you do guy. I'm not here to defend anything, and I dont care whether you like the online service or not. I just dont care. They're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless of what you like or dont like, and I'm gonna do my thing regardless as well.

The world keeps turning.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

Ralizah wrote:

Snack World has local co-op, right?

According to the Japanese box art there appears to be adhoc multiplayer for up to four people.

Like Payday 2 you'll need one Switch per player.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Haruki_NLI

@GameOtaku Last I checked the PS4s version of BC is behind a paywall. Either a PSNow sub or buy the games individually in insanely limited range.

Then again, half the people here complained when we could just buy VC stuff and wanted a subscription.

So I guess people dont know what they want.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

XB1 has the best service out of all 3. Free cloud saves for everyone, a good collection of previous gen games available for everyone with no extra cost if you already own them that's continuously growing, a very good quality online service, etc.

XB1 does have a few big flaws in other areas though, current gen game library and system OS. Both of which were Don Mattrick's fault.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@link3710 I'm hoping for Mario Land themes myself.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ralizah

@Magician That's EXACTLY what I want. Thanks!

Really looking forward to Snack World.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano according to Windows Central Scarlett will have a new OS so that is something.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

GameOtaku

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

@GameOtaku Last I checked the PS4s version of BC is behind a paywall. Either a PSNow sub or buy the games individually in insanely limited range.

Then again, half the people here complained when we could just buy VC stuff and wanted a subscription.

So I guess people dont know what they want.

But at least the games can still be purchased on psn for offline play right? The nes selection now is limited compared to VC. There has to be an advantage to linking 3ds/wiiu accounts to switch other than just having funds compiled. Why not let us back saves up to our pcs and transfer our vc games from the other to the switch. That is easily the best way.

GameOtaku

OldMan64

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

@OldMan64 Just so I understand, you’re cocking the rifle between every shot, right? It should be the same action as a pump shotgun.
The mechanic that makes the trigger push away from the handle is started by the pump barrel being pulled towards the trigger. The ‘clicker’ piece you built is basically passed between the barrel and the trigger. The clicker secures by a hook and creates the trigger resistance

OldMan64

OldMan64

When I pump it once, it will shoot as it should. But when you cock it the next time, the trigger stays in and doesn't come back up? I know it's something simple and I will have to just take that rear section apart and look at the instructions again. Right now I can't put Zelda BOTW down long enough to work on it. I got the wireless remote for the Switch and love it, but can't find a way to just turn the Switch on with the controller with the switch in it's stand. Has to be a way and I will figure it out. You guys have to remember my name OldMan64 and that is the truth. 64 years old and still loving gamming!

OldMan64

JaxonH

Oh man, I’m all over that 2 game voucher offer for digital, and I’ll order the Online package physically to get a year of Online for just $10, except BestBuy GCU takes that down to $54, which means I’m really getting it for $6 (normal $60 game is $48).

Where do I preorder that digital deal though

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic