Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,701 to 37,720 of 42,744

JaxonH

@nintendobynature
You can get Wii U’s super cheap nowadays.

Best to use for Virtual Console (so many great GBA, SNES and N64 games, and even Wii games) and you can mod the vWii mode in 30 min to play GameCube in HD widescreen with a pro controller. Totally worth it for that alone imo. If you have dolphin maybe there’s not as much of a need, but it’s still nice knowing they all run natively, even if they’re not being rendered in 720p-1440p like Dolphin can do.

And... there’s a few straggler exclusives worth picking up. Pikmin 3. Xenoblade X. Mario Maker. They’ll probably all make their way to switch eventually but, still... and I’d argue there’s a few great multiplats on Wii U as well. Splinter Cell Blacklist for sure. Darksiders 1 and 2. Batman Arkham City.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

NintendoByNature

@ReaderRagfihs @JaxonH that was my next question to jaxonh.. I found on gamestop.com $160 multiplayer bundle with splatoon Mario kart 8 and smash bros Wii u. But I'd rather just get the console with game pad and buy a pro controller. I already have Mario kart 8 deluxe splatoon 2 and smash ultimate. But ya I wana know what's dirt cheap too. Is $160 cheap? Fyi that was refurbished. I'd rather get new if I can find one for $200. Dont even need any games besides maybe a zelda bundle.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

Wii U's have been cheap for a long time. I nabbed a refurbished one from Nintendo's own website in 2014 for $200 and never had a bit of trouble with it.

Ralizah

EvilLucario

Man I still love my Wii U. I gave it crap earlier in this thread, but going back to it after the Switch reinvigorated my passion for console gaming really made me doubly appreciate its Virtual Console offerings, the backwards compatibility with the Wii (which has some of my favorite games of all time, I loved the Wii personally), and of course I discovered Xenoblade 1 and X along a lot of other games I missed out due to being hyper-focused on my 3DS and Smash 4. Plus, the GamePad is super comfy. It's not as ideal as playing handheld on the Switch, but still feels really nice.

In hindsight it'll be the Nintendo device I will use the least. But for a red-haired stepchild, it's not bad at all.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

I hear people getting them for $100 - $150 range nowadays.

Doubt you’ll be able to buy new, but I haven’t looked.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

HobbitGamer

Found out one of my best friends is hopefully getting her own Switch near the end of February. Woohoo.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp Squeenix is putting out voice clips for the seiyuu for DQXIS. I shouldn't be this excited...but it's happening! (this to me means that they are full steam ahead now.)

All this wiiu talk is reminding me that I need to get some more VC games. I would mod mine for GC access but I dont have any way of ripping my games...that I know of. I got out of the modding scene like 10 years ago. I'd rather not have to download stuff I actually own.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dogorilla

Yoshi's Crafted World has been added to the eShop's coming soon section (no release date yet) and it says the save data cloud is not supported. Do you think that's just a placeholder or is there an actual reason why this game might not support cloud saves?

'Trans rights!' -Donkey Kong

PikPi

at this rate it feels like too many of the major releases don't even support it, lmao

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

PikPi

It'll be the year I -don't- get slightly disappointed when Pikmin 4 never shows up. That'll be my resolution

PikPi

HobbitGamer

@Dogorilla It’s just a placeholder. EU site lists Cloud Saves. I mean, it doesn’t even have a release date, so...

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bluemage1989

@nintendobynature I'd say go for buying the WiiU as well. The virtual console alone makes it worthwhile and Wii BC and a few other worthwhile titles that won't likely see a port mean it still has a few good reasons to be buying. I'd skip Smash 4, Splatoon, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8 and any title that was ported to Switch and go for the Switch iterations as they are far superior. Xenoblade X, ZombiU, Devils Third, Mario Party 10 (Super Mario Party on Switch is good but 10 still stands as a great title), Super Mario 3D World, Yoshis Woolly World and many others are must haves though.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

rjejr

@JaxonH Thanks for the tip on the shoulder buttons in Let's Go, they are so tiny I always forget they are there. If 1 maps to A and 1 to B then that can work. I'll try it out later.

And not that you need my help, but Bayonetta 2 was great. My only complaint is that I played on easy. Like way down easy easy, and it went by too fast. Been meaning to go back and play on normal where it should be. 1 did have a much better story though Played through that twice, PS3 and Wii U.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I love my Switch, but there's really merit to be had in other formats too. Switch is kind of the ultimate solution, but I feel it won't be until Switch 2 or Switch 3 when it supports higher res textures, higher quality audio that it will really be able to replace all the forms of enjoying a game. For now there's still a choice to be made between nicely anti-aliased, high res textures and actual hi-fi quality audio versus the ease of use on Switch. Data storage remains it's Achilles heel more than it's processing power.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@nintendobynature Best strategy for new Wii U owners is get the system and a load of eshop cards. Prioritize VC as that's the only thing that Switch is guaranteed not to improve on.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano that's honestly what my main driving force is right now to buy a Wii u. Mostly VC. I may get wind waker twilight princess and skyward sword though.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@bluemage1989 yea im thinking about it more and more. Today i stopped by a disc replay( resale store with electronics games movies cds etc) and they had a wii u I used for $130. Game stop has used Wii u only for $140 and i may go that route as i trust Game stop more than disc replay with any issues i may experience.

But ya VC is all I'm after. It'll fill the gaps of big switch releases for me. Just want to hear what's in store for switch in the January direct

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic