Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,701 to 37,720 of 70,008

FragRed

@link3710 "At least we know we'll have good parental controls under Bowser's leadership." - Parental controls now removes any indication of Mario from all games and general media

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

HobbitGamer

I mean, we’ll just discount the fact that Switch can’t natively run those games, let alone store them.

Anyone else remember that the whole ‘xbox Switch’ thing was just a third party announcing development for internal communication systems. Like crossplay ability.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

kobashi100

If this MS gamepass rumor is true then I am very excited.

Plus if MS port ori to switch that's a day 1 purchase

kobashi100

FragRed

@JackEatsSparrows If there is any truth in the GamePass rumour, it'll likely be only certain games that will see the light of day on the Switch - Microsoft funded indie games like Ori and Cuphead, games from Rare Replay and possibly last generation Microsoft titles that shouldn't have any real problem running on the hardware. But I don't expect anything more, not during this incarnation of the Switch hardware at least.

However I do remain skeptical of this whole thing. What does Nintendo get out of this for example, other than Microsoft exclusives? Or is that enough for Nintendo to be happy to allow it on their system.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

Ya, native games would be limited to the likes of Ori and the Blind Forest (though to be perfectly honest that’s the best game on the Xbox One), and possibly follow up with Cuphead and Rare Replay (and maybe the Ori sequel). Everything else would just be streaming, basically turning X1/NS into a PS4/Vita remote play combo.

Even just getting Ori would be a massive win for Nintendo (and Xbox). A game like that caters perfectly to the audience, and the fact it’s one of the best 2D metroidvanias ever created means it would sell crazy numbers on Switch. That would make Xbox happy, it would make Nintendo happy, and Nintendo fans would be happy.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

It is clear that Microsoft is edging more and more to services and just want to get their games out to everyone possible. It started with Play Anywhere and it'll perhaps continue with this potential expansion.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Diddy64

KryptoniteKrunch wrote:

Heck, even if its fake, at least give us Rare Replay, the Ori games and Cuphead.

This^

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Ralizah

Oh my god, I want Rare Replay on Switch so bad. Viva Pinata and the Banjo games alone would make it one of the greatest collections ever. I'd also buy Cuphead again, because... man, what a fantastic experience that was.

Never played Ori, as I'm a bit burnt out on Metroidvanias, but it looks pretty enough.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Diddy64

Ralizah wrote:

I want Rare Replay on Switch so bad. Viva Pinata and the Banjo games alone would make it one of the greatest collections ever.

Not to mention that this can increase the possibilities of the original Diddy Kong Racing to be on Nintendo Switch Online Service in the future 😊

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

JaxonH

Trials Rising... ok.

Saw the article and immediately lost it due to the discrepancy on display.

However, having now played the beta for myself, I can say I spoke too soon. The game actually looks really good, and every other level in the game looks normal. The resolution is good, even in handheld mode, and while there was one or two instances where the game very briefly stuttered, I’ve had basically no issues with the frame rate or supposed “lag”.

I had actually canceled my pre-order after raging reading that article. But having played it for myself now I’m sold on the game. I should’ve played it first before jumping to conclusions but, it just seemed like the entire game was a disaster from that first level comparison. As it turns out that’s not really the case and even the first level actually looks pretty good. Probably not in comparison to otuer versions but, they made it seem dusty like in a desert, and honestly if I hadn’t seen the others versions rendition of the stage I wouldn’t have questioned it whatsoever

@Ralizah
Ori is a phenomenal game. It’s like, the one game that takes Nintendo to task and beats them at their own game.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

What I'd like the most with Rare Replay is a Nintendo edition that adds in Nintendo games that Rare made like the original DKC trilogy, DK64, DKR, Star Fox Adventures, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

I love the vibe in Ori, but in terms of gameplay, I think I would put it behind Hollow Knight and Guacamelee. I got a bit bored once I got to the swimming section and have been meaning to go back to it to finish the game, but haven't yet.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

Imagine if Nintendo Switch as Remote play of Xbox One.
The Sims 4 from Xbox One version appears on Nintendo Switch screen, i will react 😮😮😮

Anti-Matter

kobashi100

@FragRed streaming dude. That's how switch will play them high end MS games

Oh and if this partnership ends up getting Master Chief in smash Bros then wow!

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

GameOtaku

I know I'm going to sound like a broke record, but the one thing that would make the switch a full on gamers dream would be the return of the Virtual Console with newer games being added in regularly in addition to the already available 410 across 3ds/wiiu. An account system is now in place so transferring our classic games from last gen to switch shouldn't be that big of an ordeal. You could argue that one could simply subscribe to NSO but it's not really that ideal for a few reasons.....
1. Do you play online a lot? If not then it's not really worth it.
2. The games are rentals unlike VC so there's the possibility they could remove games from the service unlike games you bought. Not to mention you lose access after 7 days if you don't go online despite paying for longer periods.
3. You choose what games you want on VC unlike NSO and all those games you don't want are taking up space that could be allocated for something else.

GameOtaku

Eel

Being able to stream games directly from my Xbox to my switch would be incredibly awesome.

If it's just gamepass then that'd be a bit less exciting since I don't really use gamepass on my Xbox. But I would probably get a month or two just to play Viva Piñata on the switch.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@FragRed Well, if the rumor is true, and the Switch will be able to use the new Project xCloud service, then it could easily stream games from the GamePass library, much like a Netflix of gaming.

And the original Nvidia Shield was already able to stream high end PC games, so there's no reason to assume that the Switch wouldn't be able to do that as well. After all, it wouldn't have to compute the games, just display them, so it would be entirely up to the solidity of the service itself.

But still, even getting some games such as Ori and the Blind Forest as a port, would already be quite a surprise AND a win, so here's hoping that it's true.

YouTube channel Direct-Feed Games says they have several sources that all seem to confirm that these things are indeed going to happen. Would be quite an interesting development if it happened, if you ask me. I wonder what it would mean for the whole competition thing in the video game industry.

I've seen the GameXplain video on the previous page, but even they refer to Direct-Feed Games as their source, so I'll just slap his own video on here as well. Fingers crossed for even a part of this to actually be true...

As for what Nintendo would get out of it: seems pretty clear to me, that it would be THE solution for them to get all those triple A games that the Switch can't run natively, and it will extend the longevity of the device as well, because if Microsoft will also keep this service running on their next console, then the Switch could make use of that newer library of games as well.

And we already know that it works, because of Ubisoft's streaming version of Assassin's Creed Odyssey that is available in Japan. Of course, their internet infrastructure is superior to ours, so I do wonder how they will get it done in Europe and in the States, but perhaps that's what Project xCloud is for. Guess we'll find out sooner or later, provided it's true, obviously.

And just in case you're wondering: it would also be a win for Microsoft, because although indirectly, they would finally have a way to enter into the handheld market...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Haruki_NLI

The irony here would be if Game Pass ends up having more than 8 games on it like it currently does on PC.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

Hmm wonder if Microsoft would agree to Nintendo locking Switch Xbox GamesPass subs behind NSO.

Now THAT would be an incentive.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic