Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,681 to 37,700 of 43,588

JaxonH

I was really into Wii U... when there were actual games around to play. But I spent most of my time on 3DS. I loved that little system. Even now its probably my 4th fave system of all time. Before Switch launched and before PS4 finally kicked into gear, and before GPD Win 2 existed, there was a time where it was my number one console.

Switch easily takes that spot now, with GPD Win 2 stealing second place by a considerable margin. But PS4, despite the fact I hardly ever play it, is probably my number 3 just because it has gotten so many great games over the last few years. 3DS is still a close 4th though.

I’ve done a complete 180 on MS though. I went from never having owned an Xbox in my life, to Xbox One X being my favorite power console hardware of all time. I still rank PS4 higher as a whole because of the games, but if we’re talking about just the hardware itself, X1X is an insanely, insanely good system. I would preferred to play all my “power console games” on it if I could.

@ReaderRagfihs @DarthNocturnal
Ah, got it. Thanks.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

Current gen was definitely better on the Nintendo front though it is kind of a missed opportunity that Nintendo hasn't taken the Wii Sports angle with Switch yet. Nintendo likes Wii U ports so have Wii Sports Club Deluxe which contains all the Wii Sports Club content and also add in the Wii Sports Resort content.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

Man, I was pretty much just Ninty till I got an Xbox in ‘04, a Wii in ‘05, then 360 in ‘07 and straight to X1 when Fallout 4 came out. Had a PS3 after 360, but only played it for about a month before I got sick of it. I only got rid of my X1S in March or April when I hadn’t really played anything for months on it.

I played a lot of multiplayer games on Xbox systems, so Microsoft always trumped Sony for what I wanted.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Looks like EA might finally start bringing over more than just FIFA every year.

Probably so that FIFA can reach parity content wise to beef up sales, and bring over some of the easier to run games down the line.

Hey... progress, right? Naturally, I don’t expect every third party game on Switch. But the more the merrier. Being a portable console, it’s justified in not having all the third-party games. But even if it got a small portion... full console games on a hybrid. That’s really exciting. It’s exciting just seeing the games we’ve already gotten. More please

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII

Jesus is Lord.

EvilLucario

Unfortunately for EA, I still don't care for sports games and most FPS games. Even ignoring the MTX and other monetary practices, those two genres aren't my cup of tea so I'll cling onto my wallet.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

I LOVE YOU NOA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

Between unplayed Wii, Wii U, and VC games, I probably could have subsisted fine with Wii U as my only console in terms of finding new software to keep me busy.

I have to admit: there is a sort of wonderful simplicity to having one console and only playing games on that. I did that with 3DS from 2011 to 2013, and it was actually quite fun. You end up exploring the system's library pretty thoroughly. I don't know if I'd ever have played Pushmo, Sakurai Samurai, all the Guild games, Senran Kagura Burst, etc. if I had been juggling my time between multiple systems early on, for example.

Ralizah

Alantor28

I have a question about Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna, the Golden Country. Should I beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2 first before I play Torna, The Golden Country?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

NintendoByNature

@subpopz I'm pretty much in your same boat. Last console I regularly gamed on was gamecube. I had a xbox360 and ps4 which never really did it for me. The Wii was just ok. Nothing stood out to keep me coming back. I bought big triple a titles on 360 and ps4 a few times a year but never finished them. The switch truly brought me back into gaming where now I'm back to playing 15hours a week minimum. It's my favorite console of all time. But I would've never bought a switch had i not bought a nes classic. Having been born during the nes era all those games hit home for me. As a kid I never played the original zelda or zelda 2. Actually I played 1 but rarely. I was so captivated playing both zelda games on nes classic as i never got to as a child that I beat both just before the unveiling of the switch. It left me wanting more zelda in my life and it Couldnt have happened at a better time. With zelda botw launching a couple months later on switch I took a leap of faith and pre ordered both. I've done more gaming since March of 2017 than I've done my whole life.

Edit: I've had nes, Sega genesis, dreamcast n64 ps1 gamecube ps2 Xbox 360 Wii ps4 and now nes classic and snes classic plus switch. So I've done alot of gaming but nothing like I've done on switch

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

@Alantor28 You can play both in any order but I highly recommend you play Xenoblade 2 first, then Torna.

You could try playing Torna between Chapter 7 and 8 (as the developers had initially intended before Torna was cut to be expanded upon), but it may be a bit jarring to swap between two game files just like that.

Anti-Matter

@nintendobynature
Wow.
You have a lot video game machines. 🤓
Mine are Switch, Old 3DS XL, New 3DS XL + LL, NDS lite, Wii, Wii U, PS2 slim & PS4 Slim. 😏

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter you gotta understand I'm 31 years of age! My older brother had an nes so we technically shared it. Forgot I also had a gameboy( The original) as a kid and i have a 2ds( Brick style ) 😆. I did have a snes at one point but it was way after it was discontinued. You have a lot too!

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

I dove deep into Wii U and 3DS myself. I love the idea of having all the consoles, but lately I’ve been questioning it more and more, since I only ever play on Switch anyways. It doesn’t matter how good the game is... if it’s not on Switch I just have no will to play it (Monster Hunter World aside). I tried with God of War... lasted 2 days. I tried with Ni No Kuni. I tried with Red Dead... but every time I just lose interest. Lose interest, lose interest... It’s almost like Nintendo Switch has broken me, as a gamer. I can’t enjoy normal games on a normal platform anymore. At least with Wii U there’s off tv play, which helps for playing the Virtual Console games like Fire Emblem, but even then I’d rather play on the Win 2 ( only reason I’m not is because my save file is on Wii U, and I’m not starting over). There’s just something about playing on a handheld screen in the recliner that I love.

That’s why it’s become easier and easier for me to just skip 3rd party games altogether on PS4/X1, and wait for a Switch version. Because no matter how hyped up people make the games to be, once they release I just never play them. Kingdom Hearts 3... I’m not even bothering. Cancelled my preorder. I’ll hold off and see if it comes to Switch. And if it doesn’t I can always grab it from the bargain bin in a year or two. Gonna be so consumed with Tales of Vesperia (a better game anyways, I’d wager) and NSMBU I wouldn’t have time regardless. Besides, I’m growing ever more confident these games are going to make their way to Switch eventually anyways.

@Alantor28
Having beaten Xenoblade 2, and right now this very moment at the end boss of Torna... I’d say you should play the main game first.

That said, I don’t think it would be that detrimental if you played Torna first. I don’t think it would be as impactful, kinda like watching the Star Wars prequels _ before_ the original trilogy... but I don’t think it would ruin anything.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH I'm with you. I had resident evil 2 preordered for ps4 and canceled it. I just can't get through a game not on switch or 2ds. I'm actually on the fence of buying a Wii u to fill the software content i cant get on switch. Once I know more in the January direct I'll know if im buying a Wii u. But I still have so much to play on switch right now from smash to the upcoming nsmbu and onimusha that ill be content til mid to late February

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@nintendobynature
You can get Wii U’s super cheap nowadays.

Best to use for Virtual Console (so many great GBA, SNES and N64 games, and even Wii games) and you can mod the vWii mode in 30 min to play GameCube in HD widescreen with a pro controller. Totally worth it for that alone imo. If you have dolphin maybe there’s not as much of a need, but it’s still nice knowing they all run natively, even if they’re not being rendered in 720p-1440p like Dolphin can do.

And... there’s a few straggler exclusives worth picking up. Pikmin 3. Xenoblade X. Mario Maker. They’ll probably all make their way to switch eventually but, still... and I’d argue there’s a few great multiplats on Wii U as well. Splinter Cell Blacklist for sure. Darksiders 1 and 2. Batman Arkham City.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

RedderRugfish

@JaxonH How cheap is super cheap?

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

NintendoByNature

@ReaderRagfihs @JaxonH that was my next question to jaxonh.. I found on gamestop.com $160 multiplayer bundle with splatoon Mario kart 8 and smash bros Wii u. But I'd rather just get the console with game pad and buy a pro controller. I already have Mario kart 8 deluxe splatoon 2 and smash ultimate. But ya I wana know what's dirt cheap too. Is $160 cheap? Fyi that was refurbished. I'd rather get new if I can find one for $200. Dont even need any games besides maybe a zelda bundle.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

Wii U's have been cheap for a long time. I nabbed a refurbished one from Nintendo's own website in 2014 for $200 and never had a bit of trouble with it.

Ralizah

EvilLucario

Man I still love my Wii U. I gave it crap earlier in this thread, but going back to it after the Switch reinvigorated my passion for console gaming really made me doubly appreciate its Virtual Console offerings, the backwards compatibility with the Wii (which has some of my favorite games of all time, I loved the Wii personally), and of course I discovered Xenoblade 1 and X along a lot of other games I missed out due to being hyper-focused on my 3DS and Smash 4. Plus, the GamePad is super comfy. It's not as ideal as playing handheld on the Switch, but still feels really nice.

In hindsight it'll be the Nintendo device I will use the least. But for a red-haired stepchild, it's not bad at all.

JaxonH

I hear people getting them for $100 - $150 range nowadays.

Doubt you’ll be able to buy new, but I haven’t looked.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic