Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,681 to 37,700 of 45,873

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter Poochy pups are hidden in levels throughout the game.

@Tsurii The touch controls in Let's Go! are great. It's super awkward petting Eevee in docked mode, though. So is catching Pokemon. They've given me enough to reason to basically never play this game on the TV.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Tsurii But you'd have played the heck out of the FE Fates petting game....

Pikachu is just too cute though. My favorite random pikachu moment in the petting game is he was giggling and squealing and it said "Pikachu was having a conversation with growlithe about food and got excited!"

@Ralizah Catching is great (with the ball at least, haven't tried joycon) docked...I mean you actually throw a pokeball....can't get more accurate than that. But the petting is painful. Needs more HD rumble.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia It sucks with the joycon. And, based on the number of complaints I've heard about this, it seems like other people have issues with the docked motion controls as well.

It's perfect in handheld mode: just gyro aim and then hit the A-button. There's no reason for that not to be an option when docked.

Also, I can use both sides of my controller when playing in handheld mode, instead of awkwardly controlling my character with one hand.

And the aforementioned decent touch controls for the partner Pokemon.

Ralizah

NEStalgia

Ok, the NL forum is freaking out and my post got replaced with my newer post....so just leaving this here as a placeholder for [insert whatever funny thing I previously said here]

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Hey man, almost all the ladies in Pokemon are fine looking. Hilda and Serena are just ūüí¶ūüí¶ūüí¶

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

@Tsurii He's kissing everyone elses' grandma with it. 8^|

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Tsurii LOL, the only thing for sure with Camilla is whatever petting games begin with her, she has a taxidermist on standby for the next petting.

NEStalgia

JaxonH

Love Camilla. She's like the sassy, sexy mature sister that knows she's got it and flaunts it. The kind who calls everyone "darlin"

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH ...'round here, the only folk that call people darlin are old mean ladies that work at Waffle House. ya know, the kind that wear 'bout as much makeup as Mimi from The Drew Carey Show?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

Isn't Camilla kind of nonchalantly murderous, basically always? Does nobody notice that while staring at her...err....armor?

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Tsurii Maybe if I played Warriors first I would have warmed up to her more. My introduction was that really uncomfortably incestuous innuendo in Fates and it's kind of a turnoff with the whole "we're siblings, but I'm going to heavy on suggestiveness with you, but then I'm going to kill you anyway, but don't worry because I'll be really sad about it after" vibe.

I kind of like her solely because of her meme-worthiness though

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Dude holy ****. Chapter 5 of Valkyria Chronicles put me on edge during the final part of the mission, I was literally sweating worrying if I was going to lose units or the objective itself, but in the end I pulled through. Man that game is exciting.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

I present to you... Dragon’s Dogma spells (look how big that freaking thing is) courtesy of a reddit user:

Just look at the hype in this thread. This is all you need to see to know what kind of game it is. It’s one of those games. The type people rave about for hours on end as dedicated fans for life clamoring for a sequel

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Please post links rather than autoplay videos.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Why?

(Btw it’s a gif, not a video, being just a short clip a few seconds long)

Not that I would normally mind accommodating your request, but finding ‚Äúlinked videos‚ÄĚ for stuff like this isn‚Äôt exactly easy, and very few care to follow a link to a 15 min video just to see a 5 second clip buried somewhere in the middle, even if one could obtain the right vid.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

EvilLucario

@JaxonH Probably due to mobile caps. Not a big deal though, GIFs aren't really big on data caps.

JaxonH

@EvilLucario
Ah, gotchya. Ya it’s just a gif, though admittedly a bit longer than usual.

edit

Dragon’s Dogma physical version live on Amazon, and for just $27.92 (how ya like them apples Knuckles)

Dragon’s Dogma Switch Amazon

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH Is it more like Monster Hunter, or more like Skyrim/The Witcher? In terms of mechanics and systems. I found MH3 to be quite complicated, and I never finished the game because of it, same with the Wii U game. MHW was a bit more refined, but it still confuses the heck out of me lol.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
I'd say more like Skyrim and less like MH. But the combat is awesome like MH with crazy cool monsters and enemies, from Skyrim and Dark Soul type enemies to MH type enemies.

It's not a simple game, I wont pretend otherwise, but I dont think it's as hard to learn as MH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic