Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,721 to 37,740 of 69,981

Eel

Yes, that will be 20 for your Nintendo switch subscription

Do you wish to add a game pass subscription for just an extra 99.99?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

So the idea here is that I’d need to have an Xbox with gamepass, and that would stream to my Switch? If that’s what we’re talking about, I suppose the end user would gain portability and off screen play. If the game doesn’t use analogue triggers😂

If we’re talking about streaming a game on the gamepass straight to the switch over the internet... yeah infrastructure is a problem.

How would multiplayer be handled?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Is nobody playing the Trials Rising beta from Ubsisoft?

Let me just say, Trials is an amazing series. I’ve been a fan for years, and this beta does not disappoint. Such an excellent, gameplay focused title (and Nintendo fans are all about the gameplay, supposedly). I think people will be shocked at how fun this game is. And, how great it looks and runs in handheld mode. I’m a huge fan of 3rd party games that keep a solid resolution in handheld mode. They’ve also allowed GameCube controller support, which provides analog triggers, or, you can use the right analog stick (my personal preference). You don’t have to use analog, you can use the ZR digital trigger to go full speed and let off to manage speed, and it works... but the analog stick is better imo. So glad they addressed this issue cause Trials is all about balance, shifting your weight and speed management.

Trials Rising beta is 100% free. Got nothing to lose by trying it out!

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Hmmm, wonder what are the chances of old 360 exclusives getting ported to Switch. Native ports of the Gears games would be amazing.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@JaxonH ...Really? I saw the screenshots and they looked... not so great. I guess I'll give it a shot though, once I can tear myself away from the Daemon Ex Machina demo.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Ah dude, Trials Rising on Switch is phenomenal

The screenshots are just flat out not representative of the game. The first stage they made it like you’re driving in a desert, perhaps because of performance issues. Every other level in the entire game... is not like that. Every other level in the entire game... looks incredible. And to be perfectly honest even that first level looks really good when you’re actually playing it on the Switch. It’s only “in comparison to” it seems to fall severely short. Because you know the dusty environment is not originally like that. But if you had no other version to compare to, you wouldn’t be able to tell. It would just look like a sandy desert level. If this was an exclusive, nobody would have said anything. Because it would’ve just seemed to be designed as a desert level.

But yeah, even so it’s 1 level out of 100, and the 99 others are 100% amazing. That’s why I’m sayin, people need to try this beta because those screenshots are bogus as heck. There’s nothing wrong with showing them but, when that’s all you show, you make it seem like that’s what the entire game is like when it’s actually a single outlier... it’s straight up misrepresentation.

Not only does the game look good, it looks really good on Switch. Docked, handheld... all of it. It’s not super low res (a pet peeve of mine), the framerate is solid (for the most part- there’s a few niggling issues I’ve experienced, nothing major though). I’m sooooo glad I tried the game for myself and didn’t make a final conclusion based on a screengrab of one level, because missing out on this would have been a true injustice

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH I've heard Ori is good. It's right behind SteamWorld Dig 2 on my to-buy list when I get in the mood to play this genre again.

At this point, though, I'll likely hold out until we definitively hear if Ori is actually coming to Switch or not because, of course, if I can play it there, then that'd be preferable to purchasing it on Steam.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

If all of that GamePass stuff happens. Will we also see Nintendo games on Xbox?

Octane

GeoChrome

To some extent, probably. I don’t think the big icons would be on there, but I could see F-Zero, 1080°, Wave Race, and other inactive franchises on different platforms.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

gcunit

GyroZeppeli wrote:

To some extent, probably. I don’t think the big icons would be on there, but I could see F-Zero, 1080°, Wave Race, and other inactive franchises on different platforms.

Please explain the rationale behind putting old games they're not putting on their own hardware onto other hardware. I can't really see it. Who's gonna boot up their Xbox and think 'Cool, some 20 year old games I've never had any previous interest in, sign me up'?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

StuTwo

Octane wrote:

If all of that GamePass stuff happens. Will we also see Nintendo games on Xbox?

I can't see that happening (nor the GamePass on Switch to be honest). Nintendo would be eroding the strength of their biggest hand and making a competitors platform the best place to play their biggest games (from a performance perspective). If Microsoft were to bring, say Halo, to Switch they'd still be very easily position it as supplementary to the XBox One X 4K version so it's easier to see movement from that end (though I still doubt it'll happen).

What I can see happening between Nintendo and Microsoft is the following:

1 - Nintendo using Microsoft back end technologies - particularly their streaming technologies.

2 - Microsoft re positioning XBox as a brand away from hardware. Why not allow a Samsung 'XBox' or a Huawei 'XBox'? Long term it's even possible that a heavily skinned Nintendo 'XBox' compatible with all XBox games but with a differentiated interface and marketed in a distinct way could find success alongside the flagship 'hero' XBox model from Microsoft themselves.

3 - Microsoft bringing a small number of games that target tablets/smartphones to Switch as a natural home now that the iPad/Android games market has comprehensively crashed to FTP garbage. So Halo Wars and possibly a few others.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Farmboy74

If the Xbox game pass / rumours are true, I wonder if we would get Spartan Assualt and Strike? or the older Halo games?

Farmboy74

Spoony_Tech

Microsoft needs to do this or they want to to make more money (if it happens). Nintendo doesn't need to do this and they value their franchises too much to do this. If they stop making systems then we can talk about where they go. After all, they make phone games unique to that platform and haven't released any older games there so why start with X-Box.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

It'll be a cold day in hell before any big first-party Nintendo games show up on anything other than the next Nintendo console. ESPECIALLY when they're doing so well with the Switch.

TuVictus

If it is true, it'll be through streaming and if it is, I'll have about as much interest in it as I do Playstation Now. If they manage to make games locally available then it would be exciting

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

Depending on the level of Xbox support on Switch and how it's done, I may consider not bothering with the next gen Xbox.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

Nintendo saw the direction Rare was heading and let it go for a reason. What have they made that was any good since they left? It's all of their past games made on Nintendo systems that anyone cares about these days. Killer Instinct while good is far from Rare's beat title people want on a Nintendo system.

I would give a lot to be able to play Blast Corps again on the Switch!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

gcunit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Depending on the level of Xbox support on Switch and how it's done, I may consider not bothering with the next gen Xbox.

Based on my experience of the XB1 OS and the lack of worthy exclusives, I may consider not bothering with the next gen Xbox.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech The Viva Pinata games are fantastic. Although, admittedly, those released over a decade ago. The Rare that exists today isn't really the Rare of yesteryear, unfortunately. Same with Bioware.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic