Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,581 to 37,600 of 41,643

JaxonH

Actually it was confirmed that Hey Pikmin was not Pikmin 4. Please don’t make me dig up the source because I had a heck of a hard time finding it for @rjejr last time he said that. But it’s out there.

I don’t know the status of Pikmin 4, but I do know it’s a separate game from Hey Pikmin. Some research on the Internet will lead you to the same conclusion

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/14/15804766/pikmin-4-update

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

FragRed

@Octane Do you think Miyamoto remembers he's supposed to be working on the game? Or did he leave the team one day, forgot he locked the door and now they're all skeletons in some development room within the halls of Nintendo Japan

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

gcunit

Pikmin 4 will release on PS4 before it releases on Switch

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

bluemage1989

Seriously though I'd like to know why Pikmin 4 is hanging around. Unless it needed some serious reworking for Switch (which I doubt) I can't see any reason to have sat on it for so long. I was under the impression Pikmin 3 did pretty well on WiiU (it can't have done to bad if it had a follow up) and I would have thought it would have been the perfect title to have out earlier this year when things were a little more quiet first party wise. I guess well see with time.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

JaxonH

I think it was being designed for Wii U with the Gamepad, and when they transitioned to Switch, there was no longer a way to manage in real time via the Gamepad, which threw a wrench into the planned 4 characters (the natural progression after Pikmin 3’s 3 characters). I think this caused them to re-designed the game around controlling one character, which combined with the need to port over to Switch, and Miamoto being stretched thin as is, resulted in the delay we observe today.

I do think it will be shown and officially announced at some point, I just don’t know if that’s going to be 2019 or 2020, or God forbid... beyond

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising

Jesus is Lord.

ReaderRagfish

Pikmin 4 and any future plans for the Pikmin series have been cancelled due to the lackluster performance and reception of Hey! Pikmin.

Then, @Octane woke from his nightmare in a cold sweat.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

NintendoByNature

I've never played a pikmin game believe it or not. Is hey pikmin bad?

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

My early thoughts on playing Switch is that I'm surprised that my favorite way to play so far is just the two Joycons on their own. My hands have really not appreciated the 3DS as much in recent years, kinda hurt sometimes (mainly for more quick timing focused games), and the handheld mode is kinda similar in that regard, but these tiny little controllers are totally working for me. I'm shocked they pulled that off. Probably the most I've enjoyed a Nintendo controller since the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo (keep in mind I've never really used a Pro Controller).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

JaxonH

If they’re not gonna bring Pikmin 4 anytime soon, I’d be ok with them just porting Pikmin 3. It’s been like half a decade since I played it anyways. Long enough that I could totally re-play that game and it would be just as exciting.

@kkslider5552000
That’s pretty much how I feel about the dual joycon split apart in each hand. It’s an extremely comfortable way to play games. Truthfully, I have gotten into the habit of just playing with a pro controller when ever I am at home in the recliner, but only because it’s more convenient to grab and because it works with every game. The split joycon, as good as they are, don’t work too well for fighting games, platformers, and a few other select genres. For some reason, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate didn’t play too well with split joycon. Not sure why. That’s when I started using a pro controller, and I’ve been in the habit of doing so ever since. I still use split joy con in table top mode at work though, and for games like Splatoon 2, Skyrim, etc that utilize motion.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

HobbitGamer

Oddly enough, if I’m going to be doing a lot of precision things in Ark, I tend to opt for joycons over my Pro. (Building, resource sorting, etc). Dunno why, maybe the smaller stick just makes it feel more stiff and accurate to me. Or I’m craycray

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

rjejr

@JaxonH Pikmin 4 is trying very hard to be the next Half-Life 3. And your explanation for the delay was probably spot on. Let's just hope it doesn't get moved to mobile to be the next game after Mario Kart Tour. Only Nintendo announces a mobile game the beginning of 1 year to be released the beginning of the next. MKT was announced in January and they haven't' said much about it since. Which does make it more officially announced than Pikmin 4. Will probably make them more money too.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

JaxonH

@rjejr
They won’t move it to mobile. They only want their big hitters on mobile that can garner perpetual interest and income.

At this point I’d just be happy with a Pikmin 3 port. Throw us a bone here.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

Fire Emblem fans unite!

The creator of Fire Emblem, who left Nintendo after creating Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem Thracia 776 in the SNES era, the one who then went on to create Tear Ring Saga for PSone (which received an English fan translation), and Berwick Saga on PS2... has FINALLY created a new classic FE style game, AAAAAND, it’s getting localized officially! 2019 release!

AAAAAAND

There’s a demo for it on Steam RIGHT NOW!!!! (understand though, he’s working on a lower budget- this is totally indie-tier budget old-school Fire Emblem, but from the creator himself... I’ll be honest though, it looks good and the music is WAY better than I was expecting, like, it’s up there with the full AA scale production modern FE games, holy crap the music is excellent)

Vestaria Saga

[playing now] Please be good, please be good

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH I don't think 4 characters were ever planned (unless it was some kind of mp campaign). Just like how people thought 7 Pikmin would be the natural progression (3 > 5 > 7). The most we got was 5. Too many kinds of Pikmin, or too many characters would make the game too chaotic I think. Three characters and five Pikmin was a nice balance.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane

3 was good. But without the gamepad it’s probably best to go back to 1. Then again it might seem far to simple without micromanaging 3 at once

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH You can do off-TV play in Pikmin 3 and it works fine. So the lack of a second screen isn't a huge issue. It's useful having a separate screen for the map, but the game is perfectly playable without it.

Octane

electrolite77

@Octane

Yeah I played pretty much the whole game Off TV and it was great. Would work fine on the Switch.

Edited on by electrolite77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Grumblevolcano

In addition to unique Wii U Gamepad functionality, you also have Mario Odyssey as why Pikmin 4 was delayed. But yes, Pikmin 3 ported to Switch would be a good way to reduce the wait for Pikmin 4 (trilogy would be even better but that isn't very Nintendo like).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Knuckles-Fajita

coughs

Soooo.....Persona 5 yeah?

Actually regarding the Smash DLC, I do believe NIntendo chose those characters for a reason, just not the one everyone wants.

Let's take Joker. People say they chose him to help promote a Persona 5 port. I don't think so. Same with Snake in Brawl - No MGS there right? So why pick him, or Cloud, or Joker?

Easy. Nintendo picked characters that gamers on other systems recognise, use them in ads, and say hey, you can do this thing with a character you love on our system.

This isn't advertising for ports, this is advertising that benefits third parties regardless, and benefits NIntendo in having their IP reach other systems.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

darkfenrir

Seems not. Well if it doesn't come, then my money is safe

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic