Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,601 to 37,620 of 44,814

Tsurii

The website doesn't mention any platform, for what it's worth. I don't know why they'd slap a PS logo on the teaser, if it was the case, but might just be like Grumble said and Nintendo are being weird about announcing stuff. Wouldn't be the first time, but I won't lose any sleep, if the game's only on PS4 either. There's doubledipping for a portable version of a game and then there's buying the same game twice on one system and I'm only dumb enough for one of those 😛

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Knuckles-Fajita

@Tsurii I bought Mega Man 11 twice on Switch...but that was due to Capcom Europe basically not existing and I needed that amiibo.

But yeah, they haven't announced any platforms...despite using a PS logo. Come on. XD

Honestly Nintendo wanting to announce third party stuff on their own terms is probably hurting them more than it helps.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GrailUK

@Tsurii Sony spend all the online monies on advertising rights. They slap a PS logo on Fifa adverts (even though it's a multiplat) in the hopes that folk associate the game with their console. So the logo doesn't mean exclusivity at the moment, until it is officially announced.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

LOL

The fanboy problem on PushSquare is pretty bad. A bunch of them are essentially gloating about the lack of a Switch announcement for Persona 5 in the comments under the article about P5R.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Knuckles-Fajita

@Ralizah I mean, that's the inevitable thing that was going to happen.

Nintendo fans got so hyped up on what was very little evidence, and the end result is either you get the game, or give the rabid incessant squeeling pigs of fanboyism some more ammo they are all too willing to chew through.

Though that would happen no matter what: It just determines which side fires.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

EvilLucario

Man, you guys are giving me little reason to ever go on PS. I thought the NL comments section was bad enough, but still, damn.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Alantor28

@Ralizah Well, I can somewhat agree with that, one user named playstation1995 is a extreme PlayStation fanboy and he always ends his sentences with word up son, claiming that Sony is the greatest company ever and I think he said that Sony does even better than Nintendo.

While I am a Sony and Nintendo fan, I would never stoop to the extreme Nintendo and Sony fanboys who bash each other and claiming their system is better than the other.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Ralizah

@EvilLucario I'm over there a fair bit. The people who actually post on the forum are generally pretty cool, and I've had a lot of good discussions on there. It's just that the trolls primarily comment on the articles. In that respect, it's a lot like NL.

@Knuckles-Fajita I knew this was going to happen. Every time some new unlikely rumor comes out from these ResetEra "insiders," it turns out to be horsepuckey.

Anyway, it's pretty sad when you realize that most of these trolls are probably in their 30's.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Octane

@EvilLucario I mean, there's always that one user who thinks Sony is the absolute best and Nintendo is for children; just like there's always that one user who thinks Nintendo is the absolute best and ''mature'' games are the spawn of the devil

It's the internet, what did you expect?

But if you can look past the extremes you'll find a ton of level-headed and reasonable users on both sites.

Octane

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Oh, that's good. I guess to be fair, if my only experience with NL was with the comments section, I wouldn't want to go to the forums either. But tbh I probably won't contribute much of anything since I don't own a PS4, I own a Bloodborne machine :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Octane On both sites, you're generally good if you ignore the comments under the articles.

Ralizah

Alantor28

I can agree the forums here and in Push Square are much friendly (almost) than the comment sections in the articles. I find you guys in the forums much more sane and friendly except for a few that I won't mention.

PSN: MMX20

GrailUK

I apologise for all my comments.

Tsurii

@EvilLucario the most reasonable users you'll find on PS are relatively active here as well. You're not missing much of worth and you don't have to read Sammy's horses***, so take that one as a win for you 😂

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Therad

GrailUK wrote:

I apologise for all my comments.

I don't accept that apology since you have nothing to apologise for.

Therad

GrailUK

@Therad Phew

JaxonH

Yeah, I don’t go to PS anymore.

I think what you’ll find is most people here own other consoles, whereas most people there are diehard Sony only. It’s just a general observation I’ve made. What drove me away was when Switch was releasing, and you had practically everyone on that site includin Sammy bashing the system as “ worst laughing stock in gaming history that was going to fail harder than Wii U”...

I just said I can’t do this anymore. This isn’t a place for people who love video games to congregate. This is a place for people who love Sony and hate everything else congregate. That’s not to say you don’t see some of that on Nintendo Life also. It just seems far more cultlike over there and as a general rule far more people are multi console owners here. But even here can get pretty bad so I try to stick to the forums nowadays.

As for P5, I wouldn’t expect an announcement so soon anyways. I figure anything that comes to Switch will release on PS4 also. They are not going to give up that opportunity to resell the game to the people who don’t have a Switch. I would expect to hear something by the time Joker releases in Smash. If we haven’t heard anything by then I’d say there’s a pretty good chance it’s not going to happen. Not to say it’s 100% certain because they could’ve contracted out to a studio that’s going to take until next holiday season, but if I haven’t heard anything by the time he comes to smash I think I’ll be convinced it’s most likely not gonna happen.

Right now all we can do is wait.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

DarthNocturnal

So I'm not the only one who thought that Sammy guy's articles were more abrasive then a cactus wrapped in sandpaper? I checked it out for a bit about a year or more ago... guess it hasn't changed.

Pure Xbox was nice though.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic