Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,561 to 37,580 of 37,764

PolarExperience

@JaxonH I don’t doubt the game is coming, I just never thought it would be announced at TGA.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, classic rock, and some other things: https://soundcloud.com/polar-experience/sets/nani

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Anti-Matter

Updated trailer of Ninjala gameplay.
We can use Bubblegum as Projectile weapons and capture the opponents.
Cool...!

More gameplay demo during TGS 2018.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

bluemage1989

Mrtoad wrote:

@Cobalt Oh yes, misreading someone's post due to them abruptly changing the subject(from Koei Tecmo's big game to the MK remastering) is much worse than spreading random (often fake) leaks from online, claiming they're true, and pretend that you discovered it, so you can brag about it later. Gotta love that ad hominem to just show everyone that you can't disprove my claims and just insult me instead.

@Mrtoad What a very sad empty life that guy must have.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Super Mario Party.

WiiU: Yoshi's Woolly World

N64: Donkey Kong 64.

PikPi

That was a great show. I'm super glad God of War won goty over RDR2. And the smash reveal was a nice surprise. I didn't expect Metroid but I did hope for it! No harm no foul that it wasn't announced though, still plenty of games for me to play anyway

PikPi

BenGrimm

Ultimate Alliance and Mortal Kombat for Switch! Merry Christmas to me 😁

BenGrimm

bluemage1989

They were some good announcemts. Fingers crossed they deliver good games. I was hoping for Super Mario Party dlc but still happy.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Super Mario Party.

WiiU: Yoshi's Woolly World

N64: Donkey Kong 64.

Cobalt

And "thank you" to have removed the two WonderBoy games of the Switch version... :/
Why the hell the Switch version has to be the less good ? Don't tell me that's a question of place on the cartridge... we talk about MegaDrive's ROMS...

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Grumblevolcano

With The Game Awards being very limited on the Nintendo front this time (the big reveal was more Smash), I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Direct next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

@Cobalt I'm a bit bummed out by this too tbh. The number of times they've sold us this collection and they still manage to miss out key games (games that have appeared before, even) like Sonic 3+K and Wonder Boy.

Also quite a bummer that they're not utilising the mobile ports of Sonic 1 and 2. They were excellent and make it really difficult to go back to the originals.

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch), Dragon Ball FighterZ (Switch), Pokemon Moon (3DS), Yakuza 0 (PC), Final Fantasy XV (PC).

NEStalgia

If P5 comes to Switch, PS is rapidly becoming "that console you buy for $150 after the next one comes out so you can play the 15 or so exclusives you missed"

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I would be. I think Nintendo will drop a Direct during the first week of January to kick off the new year and set out some release dates for games coming first half of 2019. No need to say anything until then.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

PikPi

Nintendo should be fine for the rest of December, so I don't anticipate a direct. Pretty neat if it does happen, though.

PikPi

subpopz

Before Xmas kinda makes sense to me, though. "Thinking about buying a Switch for Xmas? Look at all this other stuff you'll be able to get for it coming early 2019!"

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

link3710

@FragRed First 2 (or maybe barely 3) weeks would be a more accurate guess, considering that's when it is every year other than 2016. Mostly cause 2016... well, we know what Nintendo was like that year, they just had literally no announcements to make, it was Switch prep time.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I'm thinking more about the retail side of things, don't physical games have to be announced at least around 2 months before launch? Hence a January Direct instead of December Direct would suggest only eshop games for February.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Not all games have to be part of a Direct.

Octane

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano As @link3710 said, Nintendo have been holding a Direct in January for a good few years now. The reason we knew about Mario U Deluxe being a January release was because there wasn’t going to be another Direct before the new year to make the announcement.

Also, who said Nintendo themselves would have a game launch in February? Could be a third party game which would’nt need a Direct to make a release announcement as @Octane mentioned.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

NEStalgia

Daemon X Machina seems like a valid Feb Nintendo release. They say only 2019 without a timeline and spent a lot of time on it this E3. That fits the "games releasing in the next 6-8 months" focus they like to reiterate. We know it's not Jan, and we know there are some big third party releases on other platforms in Feb (DoA6, DMC5, Anthem, Sekiro is that Feb/Mar window.) Seems like a decent time to bring out a major new IP they already showcased at E3 and doesn't need a Direct at a certain timing. FE:3H will probably be March/April since it says Spring, and I imagine other big things (AC?) might be timed for early summer. ACNL was a summer vacation hyped thing and worked. Pokemon will steal the Nov/Dec spotlight so AC is ideal not being a holiday launch.)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Alantor28

I was surprised that Persona 5's Main Protagonist made it into Smash Bros Ultimate. I hope I get SSBU on my birthday in just one week which is on the 17th of December.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Keep in mind, that if it's early January, a late February release is more than enough time for any game that's already announced to get a release date. That said, February is kind of a dead month for game sales, they may just skip it, advertise some 3rd party title like Trials Rising as the 'big' Feb game. Heck, even Town could be the 'big' title surprise announced, without a retail release.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic