Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,561 to 37,580 of 43,589

Grumblevolcano

Oh, the Persona announcement is tomorrow? In that case I don't think it's Switch related, if Persona 5 was to be announced for Switch I think it would be via the normal January Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano I think the announcement of a Switch Persona 5 would have more impact in a Persona themed event. It's how you attract new folk to the hardware

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

@JaxonH I wonder if we'll see Danganronpa ports announced for 2019.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

The Danganronpa games need to come to Switch. They're absolutely amazing. The announcement of the new Danganronpa trilogy collection would be a good time to port it, I think. I'd probably spring for a physical special edition, if possible.

Ralizah

Morpheel

I tolerate you all <3

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

^ you need a hug? Come on, come on you know you like us....

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
I think Danganronpa is a surefire bet. If they don’t bring it they are foolish. Granted there’s a lot of foolishness going around with developers not bringing their games to Switch so, who knows.

I think we’re going to get a lot more third party announcements than expected next year. Spyro is almost a certainty, though it’s possible the game is prohibited from releasing on Switch/PC for a year like Crash. When buying timed exclusivity deals, each and every platform is money lost. It’s possible they didn’t want to pay to exclude the Xbox platform because they don’t feel that platforms sales are a threat, given most people who own an Xbox don’t own a PS4. Whereas there is considerable overlap with Switch and PC. So we might not hear anything until the summer or fall. But I’m pretty sure it’s coming.

It’s exciting thinking about all the announcements we’re going to get that we haven’t even thought about. Stuff like South Park and Valkyria Chronicles and YS VIII and Dark Souls and Diablo 3 that just threw everyone for a loop. Even Okami, which most had written off as not coming to Switch. None of these were really expected (save perhaps Okami, which I did suspect, even if I had started to think it wasn’t going to happen).

I wonder what kind of announcements we will get this year that throw us for a loop...

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

GrailUK

@Knuckles-Fajita A new year brings a fresh start Mr Fajita. So happy new year man

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HobbitGamer

@Delibheel not true. You don’t tolerate that Lact0se4lief user.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Knuckles-Fajita

@GrailUK A fresh start and a new username too. And a looooot of updates I need to post.

And reduced work hours. XD And NSMBU on my birthday.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

You know what needs to come to the Switch? Pikmin 4.

Octane

Fooligan

You mean Pikmin 5. Pikmin 4 came out on 3DS.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

JaxonH

Actually it was confirmed that Hey Pikmin was not Pikmin 4. Please don’t make me dig up the source because I had a heck of a hard time finding it for @rjejr last time he said that. But it’s out there.

I don’t know the status of Pikmin 4, but I do know it’s a separate game from Hey Pikmin. Some research on the Internet will lead you to the same conclusion

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/14/15804766/pikmin-4-update

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII

Jesus is Lord.

FragRed

@Octane Do you think Miyamoto remembers he's supposed to be working on the game? Or did he leave the team one day, forgot he locked the door and now they're all skeletons in some development room within the halls of Nintendo Japan

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

gcunit

Pikmin 4 will release on PS4 before it releases on Switch

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

bluemage1989

Seriously though I'd like to know why Pikmin 4 is hanging around. Unless it needed some serious reworking for Switch (which I doubt) I can't see any reason to have sat on it for so long. I was under the impression Pikmin 3 did pretty well on WiiU (it can't have done to bad if it had a follow up) and I would have thought it would have been the perfect title to have out earlier this year when things were a little more quiet first party wise. I guess well see with time.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

JaxonH

I think it was being designed for Wii U with the Gamepad, and when they transitioned to Switch, there was no longer a way to manage in real time via the Gamepad, which threw a wrench into the planned 4 characters (the natural progression after Pikmin 3’s 3 characters). I think this caused them to re-designed the game around controlling one character, which combined with the need to port over to Switch, and Miamoto being stretched thin as is, resulted in the delay we observe today.

I do think it will be shown and officially announced at some point, I just don’t know if that’s going to be 2019 or 2020, or God forbid... beyond

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

RedderRugfish

Pikmin 4 and any future plans for the Pikmin series have been cancelled due to the lackluster performance and reception of Hey! Pikmin.

Then, @Octane woke from his nightmare in a cold sweat.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic