Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,541 to 37,560 of 70,008

Toy_Link

Surprised no one is talking about Unraveled 2, people were asking for it back at E3. Is it any better than Fe? I bought it on sale and I hated it.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Octane

But the real question is, what is Retro Studios working on?!

Octane

Therad

Octane wrote:

But the real question is, what is Retro Studios working on?!

They fudged up their 'original IP' and Nintendo axed it. So they are now forced to work in the good ol' metroid mines.

At least that is my interpretation. Had they been an EA studio they would have been closed for years by now.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

HobbitGamer

@Mrtoad I am happy about Unravel 2!! I played the first on EA access and was disappointed that 2 wasn’t coming to Switch when it was announced. But now it is, hooray. The first was so charming.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Therad

Of the games in the direct unravel 2, Link's Awakening and astral chain are the ones I am interested in. I want a bit more info on unravel and astral chain before committing though.

And FE of course, turn based are my jam. My only complaint with FE is the graphics in the battle fields, those scenes we have been shown so far are very barren. A little more flair would have been nice.

I don't know why people thought Luigis mansion would show up, it should be released around Halloween (unless nintendo are utterly incompetent). So way too early to drum up hype.

Yoshi is strange, I loved Woolly world, but I don't feel it with crafted world. Mario maker... meh. Didn't like the first one, see no reason to like the second one.

Oh, and I found out why we didn't get any pikmin news: http://orig05.deviantart.net/83c0/f/2008/094/9/d/fhlkfkjfdafg...

Edited on by Therad

Therad

DarkRula

I've said it elsewhere, and I'll continue saying it until proven false. I reckon Animal Crossing is going to have a short announce-to-release period, with it being announced September, getting a dedicated Direct within the next few weeks, and releasing late April or May. This Direct only strengthened my confidence in that.

As for the Direct itself, I found it good with Dragon Quest release dates and more Starlink content. Mario Maker 2 is a welcome surprise, as was Astral Chain.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

Pffff.... browsing through all the Direct-related articles is already giving me a massive headache. How the hell can there be SO much incessant whining over what was simply a VERY solid and varied Direct, which truly did have something for everyone? I just can't wrap my head around it. And if these individuals are already so upset about something as simple as a game not appearing or, in their simplistic opinion, not being good/looking good enough, how will they be able to cope with every day life?

They must do nothing all day but whine and b**** and moan over just about everything and everyone they come across. What a great glass half empty life that must be... (shakes head in disbelief)

Now THIS is how people could also have experienced the Direct. An honest, glass half full and open-minded viewing of the entire event:

@Therad As far as Yoshi's Crafted World is concerned: it may deter you from liking it, for example for looking way too sugary-sweet, but even though my first impression was also "well, cute, but not for me",
I downloaded the demo anyway, just to give it a fair chance to change my mind, and I found out that although a bit simplistic, it really is a very enjoyable and relaxing game, which makes a nice change in between all the other genres, so maybe you should give that demo a try as well.

And it's free, so why not? And if you don't like it, you simply delete it again.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

electrolite77

@Grumblevolcano

They’ve got some serious pacing issues this year. I suspect unavoidable ones as they’d hoped to get Yoshi, FE and DxM out the door earlier, but there none the less. Quiet first half, insanely busy second half.

They could push something back onto next year but given that they’ve identified the April-September period last year as too quiet, and April/May is already quiet I can’t imagine they’d sacrifice the second quarter of the Financial year, or of course the third which is their busiest sales period by a mile.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Late

Found some kind of Dragon Quest card game from Japanese eShop. It's a free download so I'm currently downloading it. I guess it might have been another "available today" on Japanese Direct. The game is called Dragon Quest Rivals.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I second the sentiment. There were more than a few titles that just aren’t my thing, but I still managed to see around 6 things I look forward to. That’s half a year for me!
I’ve had fun with Yoshi so far. I get a kick out of looking at and trying to read labels on scenery and set pieces. Yoshi’s Story on 64 has been my favorite, so this one is definitely up my alley.
There truly is something for everyone here.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows For me, almost everything was interesting, except for Box Boy, Deltarune, and I'm not really into Rune Factory, but other than that, the rest of the games ranged from good to great for me, so I'll have plenty to look forward to, and add to my already massive, multi-platform backlog...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Diddy64

I agree. There were a good variety of games. Some people expect that Nintendo Switch became a 3rd (and 1st) party machine from night to day and that doesn't happen that quickly. There are already 4 first party games coming this year (Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Gen 8 and Zelda Link's Awakening remake) and if Animal Crossing is also coming, that would be 5, which is much more than Smash Ultimate (which I have). Let's wait for the other directs before saying that there's nothing else.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

DannyBoi

How excited is everyone for Nintendo's 2019? This is what I hope Nintendo does this year. Stop supporting the 3ds, Netflix in Switch, An internet browser for switch, another method of save backup. Also I hope more companies make games for the Switch as not every company likes to take the Switch seriously.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

RR529

I wonder if the supposedly empty slot in May could be taken up by a potential 4th Labo kit. Historically they've been announced separately from their "gaming" events, and aren't there still some constructs from the initial reveal that haven't yet shown up (like a camera)?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TuVictus

More excited for this year than last, that's for sure.

TuVictus

Ralizah

I'm a little disappointed by Yoshi and DxM, but we're still getting Three Houses, a new Platinum game, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Final Fantasy XII, and Dragon Quest XI S, so I'm good.

Oh, and while there's not a peep on Push Square, I've just noticed that a lot of places online are seething about all the extra content in the Switch version of DQXI right now.

LOL

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

gcunit

@Ralizah That's cos at Push Square all they're capable of is:

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

EvilLucario

People literally do not understand why Rune Factory 5 is a huge announcement. Rune Factory 4 came out almost six years ago, and the developers went bankrupt a year after. It literally means the series lives on, and more people should play it because I'd gladly rebuy Rune Factory 4 on Switch.

Bruh. I am so goddamn excited for 2019. This is already better than 2017 and I loved 2017.

@Ralizah Karma for Resident Evil 4 and so many other games :^]

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Late

Played the Yoshi demo. I liked it more than I thought I would. I bought Woolly World when it came out and I had good time with it but it wasn't anything special. None of the levels really stood out like levels in Yoshi's Island.

That said, I really liked the level design of the one stage the demo has available. The level wasn't a straight line. There was some exploration.

One thing that I really didn't like about Woolly World seems to return though, red coins in places you can't see, in this case, a hidden cloud. And while the controls feel fine otherwise, I can't help but miss the momentum of Yoshi's Island (and New Super Mario Bros. games). I made my first flutter jump and thought I'd clear the gap even though I let go of the control stick and to my surprise Yoshi's forward momentum stopped right away. I guess that's how it was in Woolly World too but it just felt weird.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic