Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,541 to 37,560 of 41,645

Tsurii

Am I missing something? lel
Kinda curious who embarrassed themselves there (I thought I know who it was but I'm either blind or they didn't actually reply to ya, Knuckles?)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Anti-Matter

GrailUK wrote:

Well, if they have sorted out their issues with larger capacity cards, it could be we start to see more grandiose games coming in 2019. It was a little disappointing to hear they got delayed into next year, but hey, we are past 2018 and it wasn't so bad lol.

Later, we don't want to hear any excuses from developers to NOT put their games on the RIGHT Cartridge size and hopefully No More Partial Download games.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

FragRed

@GrailUK I hate to be that guy, but bigger cartridges won’t necessarily mean bigger games coming to the Switch, or developers/publishers making use of the larger cartridges. I know publishers said they were disappointed about the delay till 2019 but i believe it was because they hoped it would reduce the cost of the small sized cartridges. Basically I would expect the same partial download to continue.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

GrailUK

@FragRed Quite alright Mr Red. I hope publishers are more discerning than that but I must admit it is very difficult to not be cynical these days.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

MsJubilee

Tsurii wrote:

Am I missing something? lel
Kinda curious who embarrassed themselves there (I thought I know who it was but I'm either blind or they didn't actually reply to ya, Knuckles?)

Not a single person replied to this guy for the last 2 pages and he's crying about something. BLP just wants attention.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Sadist

Speculation = actual expectations!

Honestly, you can nitpick rumours not coming to fruitation, but its fun to speculate, especially with many third parties coming around their usual stance thanks to the Switch and its success.

I mean, the Witcher 3 rumour seems bogus to me, but an Assassin’s Creed Collection wouldn’t surprise me at all. Considering the collections and remasters that were released on the system it does not seem far fetched to me.

Sadist

Octane

@MsJubilee Let's keep it friendly, OK?

@FragRed Yeah, they're already avoiding the 32GB cards, so I don't see why a 64GB card would change that. The only thing we can hope for is a price cut for the lower capacity cards. 64 could become the new 32, but even then they'll most likely stick to partial downloads. I love to be wrong though!

Octane

FragRed

@Octane I think there was an article on Nintendo Life from earlier this year where publishers stated they wanted the lower capacity cards to reduce in price. But it’s certainly more about reducing costs than anything else. I mean just look at how Activision sold Spyro on the PS4 & Xbox One, and Blu-Rays are cheap enough as it is to produce.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Octane

@FragRed I think Spyro was more a case of 2 and 3 not being finished yet and therefore not on disc, than deliberately leaving them off to save costs. I mean, they delayed the game very short before release, the game had problably gone gold already. So it seems to be that it was always their plan to ship the first game on disc and finish 2 and 3 in the last two months before release. It's impossible to know of course, but it felt a bit like a rush job to me. Jumping on the Crash remake bandwagon when people were still excited.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

64GB carts aren't going to bring in larger (as in download size) games either because there's still the reality that Switch owners can't buy the game digitally without a microSD card.

Not even the largest games on the other systems like Halo 5, Gears 4, Modern Warfare Remastered, RDR2, etc. are large enough to fill up the entire internal drive with 1 game irrelevant of the console model.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano You probably cannot buy a 32GB game without an SD card either, doesn't stop Nintendo from selling 32GB cards though.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane As far as I can tell, 32GB cart has been used only once (DQ Heroes 1+2 in Japan) and while I don't know for certain I doubt the digital size is larger than the Switch's internal storage.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sadist

Does Smash use 16gb cards then?

Sadist

Morpheel

Probably, as far as I know, smash is not a huge game.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

You know, I'd completely forgotten about it, but I just remembered that Divinity: Original Sin 2 is supposedly hitting the Switch in 2019. I really hope it's a good port, as I've heard some amazing things about the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tsurii Larian Studios mentioned it in September I think but they never gave an ETA. Either way it will be a good fit for the system. I'm hoping it will be a summer release for the slow months.

EDIT: Make that may that they mentioned it.
https://www.shacknews.com/article/105073/larian-studios-has-p...

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

I remember hearing something about Divinity, but I wasn’t sure if it was official or not. I figured if it was I would hear something down the line eventually. Hope they get it looking good like Diablo 3. Same for Pillars of Eternity,

I’m excited to see some of the games announced this coming year. 2018 was pretty good in terms of 3rd party, especially given where we were in 2017. Next year should be even better.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic