Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,521 to 37,540 of 69,997

1UP_MARIO

Summer 2019 is packed with games. I just need money

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

In terms of exclusives we've got these confirmed for this year so far:
January - NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again
February - Tetris 99
March - Yoshi's Woolly World
April - Box-Boy + Box-Girl
June - Super Mario Maker 2
July - Fire Emblem Three Houses
August - Astral Chain
Summer - Daemon X Machina
Summer - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
2019 - Animal Crossing
2019 - Luigi's Mansion 3
2019 - Link's Awakening
Late 2019 - Pokemon Gen 8

I'm going to guess if no more delays then Daemon X Machina is June, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is July, Animal Crossing is September, Luigi's Mansion 3 is October, Pokemon is November, Link's Awakening is December.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Does anyone else see crash team racing on the NA eshop being released today?

NintendoByNature

-Juice-

Imo, the first half of the year feels barren. FE is pushed back, a lot of it consists of ports that I have on other systems, platformers have never been all that interesting to me... I was really hoping this half of the year would be better than the first half of the last, honestly.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

JaxonH

Idk why Nintendo is making this year so heavy on the backend and light on the front end.

They are going to be doubling up major releases in the same month from summer through Christmas. Yet leave February, April and May rather empty (first party wise). Third party is absolutely insane for April though. Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, Darksiders, Mortal Kombat XI, Dragon’s Dogma (or was that March?). And enough overflowing into March and May that we’ll have no shortage of games to play. It’s just the next month that’s kinda dry, really. But once Dragon’s Dogma, Chocobo’s Dungeon, Final Fantasy VII and Yoshi kick off next month, it’s off to the races.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

JaxonH wrote:

Idk why Nintendo is making this year so heavy on the backend and light on the front end.

Because the games aren't ready yet.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

I'm very curious as to when Crystal Chronicles is gonna come out. By far that's my most anticipated ff title. Also, aren't the resident evil games scheduled for this year as well?

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@darkfenrir Already listed it.

@JaxonH Delays, Fire Emblem Three Houses was probably originally May (like most recent FE games) but then delayed to late July. Also if Prime 4 was originally going to be shown at the Game Awards, Prime Trilogy would've been your February title but with Prime 4 restarted there's no reason for Prime Trilogy to release anytime soon.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

Already hopelessly addicted to Tetris 99 lol. Now I get this whole BR thing. It's just so much fun much better than the acid trip Tetris Effect. Crazy that this is free with no MTs (at the moment)

redd214

NintendoByNature

I'm actually gonna hop onto Kirbys adventure tonight. Haven't played it in a while

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

Just a warning, NA and Europe get different special editions for Three Houses:
NA - Artbook, Sound Selection CD, Steelbook, Calendar
Europe - Artbook, Sound Selection USB stick, Steelbook, Pin badge set

Grumblevolcano

Aozz101x

Japanese Nintendo Direct Announcements:

Dragon Quest Rivals (Free 2 Play) [Now out on Japanese eShop]

Story of Seasons meets Doraemon.

Jikkyō pawafurupuro no for Switch (i'm not sure what this is. )

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano If Daemon and Marvel were coming that early I think we'd have seen release dates.

I expect both of those as well as a certain Wii U port in August/September. One of those three will launch alongside Astral Chain in August and the other two in September.

Then I expect either Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion 3 in October, with the other getting pushed to Q1 2020.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@PikPi
Not sure, but all the other FF seem to be March and April, so I’d guess perhaps May or June? Though it could be later, Idk.

Let me highly, HIGHLY recommend Final Fantasy X though, if you’ve never played it. Also IX which just released, and VII. It’s just that those two are PSone era and kinda retro, though they did overhaul the models to be HD so it’s a massive improvement over the original versions. Seriously though, X. And XII, really. That one’s great too.

Resident Evil 4, and the remakes for Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 1 are coming this year. I’m looking forward to the HD handheld version of RE4 with gyro motion aiming. Must-have Insta-classic for decades to come.

@Grumblevolcano
Probably. And... that’s ok. One more month to finish up Tales of Vesperia, New Super Mario Bros U and maybe dip into Final Fantasy IX, and then the madness begins.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

puNINTENDed

Really all Nintendo needs right now is Mario Maker. Despite not having a lot of new games from Nintendo. Mario Maker is the only game people still play on the Wii U (and maybe Pikmin and 3D World). It was huge for the Wii U and lots of people bought the Wii U just for the game.

To have a new game, not a port, with many new features AND something that had a pretty good streaming community. It was fun to have people send levels to streamers. It's a system seller.

puNINTENDed

Ralizah

Can't really get into Tetris 99. It's just multiplayer Tetris, and the Battle Royale element doesn't do much for it. I mean, it's not terrible, but I can't imagine why I would ever play this instead of Tetris Effect unless I'm just not within reach of my PS4. That really has ruined all future Tetris games for me, I fear.

Also not feeling Yoshi's Crafted World, which is disappointed. I was worried the emphasis on foreground and background elements would ruin the great level design and platforming from Wooly World, and this demo seems to legitimize my fears. Even just comparing this to the demo of Wooly World on 3DS, that game is so much more dynamic and challenging. The main challenge here seems to be in uncovering secrets in the background via perspective shifts. Meh. Probably going to pass on this now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Not necessarily like see how Super Mario Maker 2 was given June but not a specific day and how Astral Chain was a very specific date in August. I think there'll be a Direct in April that clears up a bunch of release dates and announces some new stuff (e.g. Wii U port(s), DLC, more multiplatform 3rd party games).

Grumblevolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Not sure how I feel about the doraemon bokumono crossover. I mean I love story of seasons and even Perfume did a crossover with doraemon.. ok , I just talked myself into this game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic