Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,501 to 37,520 of 69,988

IceClimbers

Astral Chain, FE Three Houses, and Link's Awakening were the highlights for me.

Did NOT expect Hellblade in a million years though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

Links awakening is extremely awesome. I really wanted something traditional after breath of the wild

TuVictus

Ralizah

Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest S, and Astral Chain were my highlights, but there was a LOT of good stuff in this Direct.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

ASTRAL CHAIN ALREADY BEING 2019 GOTY MATERIAL HERE HOLY CRAP

and Rune Factory 4 and 5 are coming!!! Me and a friend of mine freaked the **** out when that popped up!

Solid 8/10 if you want to look at it "objectively" but for me it's easily a 10/10, I am so freaking happy today!!!

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

FragRed

SO MANY AWESOME GAMES! Okay, does anyone know a real good get rich scheme so I can afford these games?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GameOtaku

Don't get me wrong there were some great announcements, but overall I was a little underwhelmed. (Especially with lack of prime trilogy among other things)

GameOtaku

redd214

WOW, that was almost too much lol. Already downloaded all the demos, got top 10 in my first Tetris 99 match. Links Awakening alnoe would've been enough for me, Mario Maker 2 looks ace. My boys are over the moon excited for DQB2 and MUA3. Going to be a busy (and expensive) summer. All the updates to existing games, Grid Autosport my God Nintendo, job well done!!

redd214

JaxonH

I guess we’ll have to wait a bit longer for Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Spyro. But we all know they’re coming. So I’m cool, especially knowing they should all be announced and dropping this year (aside from Metroid Prime Trilogy- who knows when they’ll release that one).

Astral Chain looks insane. Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Dragon Quest XI S... peak form. Mario Maker 2 with slopes? Yes please! Zelda Links Awakening Remake! Oh my goodness it looks SO. DANG. GOOD! Hellblade on Switch... never would I have thought they’d get that game on the system, and looking as good as it does!

Highlights of the Direct. Easily.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

I'd rank it 8/10, very good Direct overall but can't ignore the large gaps in the first half of the year. NSMBU Deluxe (11th January) -> Yoshi's Crafted World (29th March) -> Super Mario Maker 2 (June) with some DLC and 3rd party support in between. Looks like I may end up getting Crackdown 3 after all.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

I am sorry but when I go on social media and see nothing but complaints because no Animal Crossing was shown, after all that awesomeness... I just... What is it with people!? It's Smash Bros all over again.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ralizah

@FragRed That's the way it goes with these Directs. People show up expecting that one game they're looking forward to and get massively butthurt if it doesn't show up.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

WebHead

No MPT is a bummer but im not gonna hate a perfectly good direct because of it. Not everything revolves around Samus.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

FragRed

@Ralizah I went in expecting a lot on what we already know is coming and I came out so excited I am going to struggle sleeping tonight. I mean, Super Mario Maker 2 has so many features (and is that Luigi they showed at the end? - possible 2 player mode?) and already I was happy no matter what else they showed. But there was something for everyone, perhaps more than perhaps Nintendo fans deserve the way we can go on and on about something not being shown etc.

ThanosReXXX

@FragRed That's the very reason why my avatar's finger snap should actually have been a real thing.
Humanity can definitely do without all these cantankerous whiners and butthurt losers...

This was one solid Direct, with good games and a couple of neat surprises, plus three demos to download afterwards. What the hell's not to love? Idiots...

But yeah, let's go along with the whiners: "Well, I've seen the Direct, and now I know for sure that 2019 is going to suck, and both the Switch and Nintendo are totally and utterly DOOMED. What a MASSIVE disappointment.
F*** you, Nintendo, for not giving ME the lonely hermit, what I personally want... "

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I knew for certain that if Animal Crossing wasn't shown (which I didn't think would be shown, I think it'll be gameplay debut at E3 and a large focus on the game like Smash last year), it not being present would be the focus of post-Direct comments.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

I mean, if a game is already confirmed to be releasing in 2019, does whether it’s shown or not really matter?

Whether they show it or don’t show it, the game is releasing this year. Showing the game isn’t going to make it release any sooner. I mean, I totally understand being excited and wanting to see more of a game. But if you know it’s going to release in 2019, then what’s the big deal?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano @ThanosReXXX Indeed this is the case. I mean, Nintendo ended the Direct with a Link's Awakening remake that was totally unexpected (even if you believed the 2D Zelda rumours you would never have guessed this) and people cry. I hate to think what game people would moan about not being shown if Animal Crossing and Metroid Prime Trilogy had been shown. No doubt they would find something...

IceClimbers

I will say though that I totally expect either Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion 3 to get pushed to Q1 2020. I'd be shocked if both of those, Pokemon, and Zelda all launch in that October-December period.

Regardless, they have 4 tentpole titles this year, same number as 2017: NSMBU Deluxe, Super Mario Maker 2, Pokemon, Zelda Link's Awakening. If Animal Crossing does make 2019 then that's 5 tentpole titles for the calender year, which is crazy.

May is very much the weak link here though. Just Team Sonic Racing and Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered apparently. I suspect that's when we'll get Hellblade though!

NintendoByNature

WebHead wrote:

No MPT is a bummer but im not gonna hate a perfectly good direct because of it. Not everything revolves around Samus.

It was an almost perfect direct. I loved every bit. But I was slightly bummed about the lack of prime trilogy myself. Either way it was a jam packed direct with tons of stuff ill enjoy for this year..im Super excited

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

Hmmm, wonder if we'll see Detective Pikachu HD in May and announced alongside the Gen 8 reveal in a Pokemon Direct. Would explain the lack of a big title for that month in today's Direct.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic