Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,681 to 34,700 of 36,823

subpopz

@JaxonH Yeah, the RPGs are a bottleneck for me. I'm still playing Octopath Traveler.
I've got a "balance" now, I think. I have a PC and Switch, so now I'm in the groove of playing an RPG on one and other types of 'faster' games on the other. Right now I'm going thru some backlog on PC while playing Octopath on Switch. Once I'm done Octopath, I'm going into Witcher 3 on PC and other genres on Switch.

Switch - Torna: The Golden Country, Sonic Mania, Paladins, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - Nier: Automata, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Nemodius

come February after I get my tax return, I'm going to be picking up about 7 games min.
@subpopz I like balance also, I've got just about every type of game, I'm hoping Cities: Skylines won't be limited to download only, if so I guess I'll get Constructor: Plus instead, I don't have any sim games and would like to pick it up.
I like Octopath, especially since I found a money grinding exploit, ($2,500/min.), it REALLY helps

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Nemodius

subpopz wrote:

Granted some are Day 1, like Mega Man 11 because I've been waiting for that game for 8 years now since 10 came out. But there's just no way all or even most of them can be day 1 for me.

Personally, what would have made Mega Man Legacy 1&2 REALLY worth it, like paying $60 for me is if they remade the first 10 using the MM 11 graphics engine, don't change anything else, no adds, no take away, just upgrade the graphics would be awesome

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

rallydefault

Yea, there's just too much coming out in the next few months. Not just on Nintendo, either. I freakin' love the Tomb Raider reboot Square has going, so I just picked up that one. I'm also hopping back into Assassin's Creed when Odyssey comes out. And yea, I have to get my CoD fix this fall lol

On Switch I'm definitely getting Diablo III, though, so that will be in my system to just pick up for short bursts. Will probably get Pokemon at launch, too.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

Until I've cleared more of my backlog, it's looking like Smash only for Switch purchases regarding the rest of 2018. I want at the very least Bayonetta 1+2 completed before The Game Awards and I'm not returning to Bayonetta 1 until Torna is completed (full community gained).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

subpopz

rallydefault wrote:

I freakin' love the Tomb Raider reboot Square has going, so I just picked up that one.

Oh yeah, this for me too. I absolutely loved the first two games and I'll be getting the third on Steam here soon. Games overload, I swear....I'm even forgetting major ones I really want to play.

Switch - Torna: The Golden Country, Sonic Mania, Paladins, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -

RR529

Not really interested in the VC games (I played through the demo of 4, and it really didn't grab me), CIV VI (just not my kind of game), or Dark Souls (Just too intimidating), but I'll probably grab DBFZ, maybe Taiko Drum Master (loved the JP demo, but not sure if it could sustain me as my main game) & Mega Man 11 (haven't yet played the demo), and have other previously released games I'm interested in (particularly Dragon Quest Builders, Octopath Traveler, & SNK Heroines). I'll definitely grab Smash in December of course.

Edited on by RR529

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Nemodius

@rallydefault I havent played Assassin's Creed since the first one, just really didn't blow up my shorts so to speak, but the game seems to have evolved so much, I may pick this one up

subpopz

@jhewitt3476 The first one was kinda alright to me, but I gave the second one a try and they really built on the first and improved it a lot, IMO, and I thought 2 was a far better game. I haven't played any more, though (as of yet, they're in my backlog).

3DS -

EvilLucario

I recently bought Nioh and Nier: Automata on PC due to them being on sale for 40%-50% respectively. On top of other games I'll need to fully complete like Torna... god... free time is like dead on top of school and work.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

OorWullie

I had my first experience with Dark Souls on Friday and found it to be clunky and unenjoyable. I gave it another go last night and on my first attempt took out the boar, several soldiers and made it to the other side of the gate to open up the gate. Couldn't believe the difference in my performance. 48 hours ago it was a day one, 12 hour later it changed to a day none, then 24 hours after that it's back to day one.

I knew Urban Champion would make its way to Switch. The arcade version is coming courtesy of Hamster along with Donkey Kong Jr. It's inevitable the NES version will be added at some point too so we'll have an unprecedented 2 Urban Champions on one console.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

misanthrope

@subpopz Im assuming this is your first time playing Witcher 3 on PC... that game is amazing out the box, but it is also one of the best games for modding on PC.

All I can say is I highly recommend the increased physics mods for hairworks... if you dont run any other mod, run that mod... its incredible.... I can help you find it if you like.

misanthrope

JaxonH

I'd be down for Mega Man 2 and 3 (at the very least) remade in the MM11 engine.

Assassin's Creed just doesn't do it for me anymore. Don't get me wrong, they're good games, and if they brought the series to Switch I'd buy it, but more for hybrid portfolio posterity than immediate interest in playing.

Far Cry is the same way to me. Had alot of fun with FC4, then about 10 hours in I realized the game loop had nothing else to offer, and it was just a repeating loop of endless collectibles, characters that didn't interest me and a meh story. Well done, good graphics and voice work and good FPS gameplay, but not enough to keep me engaged.

Maybe FC5 is different, Idk. Probably won't bother with either series again though unless they come to Switch. Which they probably won't, cause Ubisoft thinks Switch is Wii HD, so... ya.

@Ralizah
There's your Urban Champion you've been asking for 😁

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Ralizah

@JaxonH LOL It never fails. I'm convinced that lousy game is going to be re-released in perpetuity.

@EvilLucario Be sure to post your thoughts on NieR's performance when you get to it. I've heard... less than flattering things about the optimization, which is why I picked it up on PS4, but I'd be interested to know if the PC version is running better now.

Honestly, if the Japanese do better with their PC ports and Atlus is convinced to come on board, I could skip Sony entirely from now on. Between PC/Switch there's just not a whole lot I feel the need to purchase for PS4.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Grumblevolcano

@OorWullie Then Nintendo port NES Remix Pack to Switch leading to even more Urban Champion

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Unfortunately my results will be very skewed because I have a i7 8770k and 1080ti. So when I was testing it out for 50 minutes, I didn't crash and was able to keep 1080p 60fps 95% of the time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

misanthrope

EvilLucario wrote:

@Ralizah Unfortunately my results will be very skewed because I have a i7 8770k and 1080ti. So when I was testing it out for 50 minutes, I didn't crash and was able to keep 1080p 60fps 95% of the time.

@Ralizah well i guess that settles it... can't even hold 60fps at meager 1080p resolution with a freakin 1080ti

misanthrope

Ralizah

@EvilLucario That's some nice hardware. I'm rocking a GTX 970 and i5-4460. Very mid-range rig, but it's still good enough to get at least 60fps in 95% of the games I play on high-to-ultra settings.

DOOM and Wolfenstein: TNO were both so well-optimized that I was getting around 60fps on my previous, much weaker 2011 computer.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

IceClimbers

@JaxonH The crazy thing is it doesn't look like it will let up next year either. Looking at just the Switch, January alone has NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again, Onimusha Warlords, and Tales of Vesperia DE. February has Trials Rising and March has Saint's Row the Third. It's even crazier when you look at PS4/XB1 lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

@misanthrope PC games are just dumb at times. Locking games at 30fps will give you extreme uneven frame pacing and some dips into 26-28fps depending on the card. The same deal for Nier, except apply that to 60fps. No big deal though tbh, and I don't have a 2K/4K monitor because I have a 1080p 144hz monitor instead.

@Ralizah Still a nice rig that should be able to run enough games like Monster Hunter World and Dragon Quest XI well.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic