Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,381 to 34,400 of 69,995

JaxonH

Get this.

Octopath Traveler sold over 1 million copies digitally in just 3 weeks after launch. Let that soak in for a second...

And we know physical sales outperform digital on Switch anywhere from a 2:1 ratio, to a 9:1 ratio. Even assuming the former, that puts Octopath at somewhere between 3-4 million copies sold.

Suddenly Square Enix dumping a dozen Final Fantasy games on Switch, and the Octopath devs increasing size to increase output on Switch makes complete and total sense.

new game arrived today

Lego Harry Potter Collection. And let me just say, I'm not a big Lego fan. In fact I pretty much hate them. I never buy Lego games (Lego City Cover aside, which was the game where I decided I really didn't like Lego games, although it was kind of fun for what it was). But this? This is a classic. I played this game back in my early 20s on the Wii. I fired it up this evening and I played through the first two missions of Years 1-4 and the first mission of 5-7... this is a call back to when Lego games were actually classics. This is probably the only Lego game I will buy this generation but I just wanted to give my two cents

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Aozz101x

Bubsy: Paws on Fire is coming to Switch...

https://nintendoeverything.com/bubsy-paws-on-fire-announced-c...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Toy_Link

@JaxonH I remember having a lot of fun with the LEGO Star Wars Trilogy back on Wii, I’d love to see a Switch port and see if it’s as good as I remember it to be.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Nemodius

@Octane
I concur with diwdiws, freda1025 is an ad for an online game site, nothing more

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Toy_Link

@IceClimber No surprise here except to anyone who thinks the game wouldn't sell because "I dont like it, itll fale like the mascot platformer that none will buy becuz its on 3ds XD"

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

JaxonH

@ReaderRagfish
Reading now it was including shipments. Which makes a lot more sense. I was going to say if that was all digital the game would have to have done insane numbers.

Poor reporting on behalf of NintendoEverything in the initial article mentioning it.

Still, even 1 mil altogether in 3 weeks fantastic for such a title, and it's surely well on its way to 2 mil by now.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

Yeah I remember the game selling 1 million total 3-4 weeks after release. 4 million for a niche JRPG like that would absolutely be phenomenal. Even Persona 5 and Nier: Automata didn't sell 4 million.

Make no mistake though, 1 million is still very good sales for JRPGs. And honestly we need more games that can make enough money rather than only have games that can barely scrape by (some indies) or need to make all the money (a lot of AAA games).

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Remember when Bravely Default sold well in America and Square Enix was shocked that Square Enix releasing a well regarded turn based RPG made money? One of the dumbest things ever. It would be like if Nintendo was surprised they made money selling a platformer.

An HD meets SNES looking turned based RPG made by Square Enix, that was marketed really well, having great sales on a console where everything seems to have great sales...shouldn't be that surprising. Is that just me?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Therad

Nintendo was suspiciously quiet on their online service.

Therad

gcunit

Mrtoad wrote:

@JaxonH I remember having a lot of fun with the LEGO Star Wars Trilogy back on Wii, I’d love to see a Switch port and see if it’s as good as I remember it to be.

I've been playing LEGO Star Wars on and off with my kids recently. Lots of fun (the 'Jedi's Destiny level in RotJ was a particularly nice surprise), but I referred to guides to work out what we're meant to be doing more often than I would have liked. We don't need our hands holding, but sometimes there are moments where progress in a level is locked off and it's less than obvious what you need to do to trigger the unlock.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Aozz101x

Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix is coming to switch in the west on November 8, 2018
https://nintendoeverything.com/mercenaries-wings-the-false-ph...
could be interesting.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic