Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,361 to 34,380 of 69,981

IceClimbers

Best part about it being ~40 minutes is that they can spend an entire 10 minutes on Spirits mode and they'd still have 30 minutes for everything else, longer than the entirety of the August Smash Direct.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Therad

Strangely enough I feel more hyped for the treehouse...

Therad

Anti-Matter

This is the first time i COMPLETELY Don't want to watch Nintendo Direct + Treehouse Event AT ALL.
Wake me up for Non Smash Bros games and Completely Free from that any rated 18+ games !

Anti-Matter

EvilLucario

Good news to wake up to. While I was off on my Xenoblade 2 sales predictions by 200k, new Smash Direct and I undershot my Switch sales predictions.

Still though, this is cool.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@DarthNocturnal
The next Direct will talking about Smash Bros (I have no interest whatsoever) by 90%, Pokemon Let's Go (I have interest with that game, but i'm afraid of too much spoilers, so i can wait until the game released) and one rated 18+ game (I will turn off the video completely).

Anti-Matter

Nemodius

@Anti-Matter
I keep hearing Let's Go, gameay wise is like a Pokemon Go/Pokemon hybrid, I don't know how true that is, but with my hatred for Go, the idea turns me off bigtime, so I'm probaby going to wait a couple months, no doubt my oldest daughter will get it and I'll just borrow it for a week or so to see

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

IceClimbers

@Anti-Matter What spoilers? It's basically a remake of Yellow so if you played that then you know what's going on. Everything new or changed has been shown off already

Sadist

The anti-18 stance is quite strange as well.

Sadist

link3710

@Anti-Matter You do know Yoshi's Crafted World will be featured in Treehouse as well, right?

link3710

GrailUK

40 minutes? How involved can this 'Spirits' mode be??

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

1UP_MARIO

We need to know more about marios cheeks and Wii fits cellulite on legs and arms

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

My guess would be:

• 10 minutes (revealing the rest of characters and stages)
  • 10 minutes (single player content)
  • 10 minutes (online content + demo)
  • 5 minutes (physical extras like the GC bundle Europe's getting and amiibo)
  • 5 minutes (ingame extras like trophies, music CDs, challenge wall)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano Sounds plausible.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano I strongly doubt online stuff will take a full 10 minutes.

I'd say Spirits mode and the online stuff will take about 5-6 minutes each. That's about 10-12 minutes total, leaving 28-30 minutes - longer than the entirety of the August Smash Direct - for everything else. The rest of the Direct can be spent bringing up other modes (All Star, Event Mode, Special Smash, etc) and revealing the rest of the characters.

Leaves ample time to reveal 7 fighters

link3710

I'd expect it to break down closer to this:

• 12 minutes - New characters
  • 8 minutes - Online content
  • 5 minutes - Vault - Trophies, Trophy getting mode, Challenges, Replays, Records Stickers(?), etc.
  • 8 minutes - Spirits
  • 8 minutes - Stadium + Events + All-Star + other Single Player modes(?)
  • 2 minutes - More ATs + Pokemon + Items

Yes I'm adding up to 42, I think we'll run over slightly like usual. Typically the final reveal happens right after it's 'supposed' to end timewise. That said, in terms of order I think we'll see it jumping between various modes and reveal types like usual.

link3710

Anti-Matter

link3710 wrote:

@Anti-Matter You do know Yoshi's Crafted World will be featured in Treehouse as well, right?

Yes, indeed.
But, i can watch from Youtube after it has aired.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

geez I just want a demo.

Edit: wheel of fortune is going to switch. Explains why my mother was asking me about bundles.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic