Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,261 to 31,280 of 69,997

Ralizah

@NEStalgia It's alright. I didn't like the fact that characters were constantly gabbing while I was trying to defeat waves of enemies. Hard to appreciate a joke when you're just trying to survive.

The controls wouldn't have been too bad if it had stayed a rail shooter, but tying the in-game camera on foot to the touch screen was indeed an infuriating design choice.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Yeah I did dislike that I missed a lot of dialogue or humor because it tried to deliver it while fighting. I hate when games do that. You have to pick between missing the dialogue or letting yourself get killed to hear the dialogue.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@ReaderRagfish I'll be playing spiderman by then so unless it comes out in october I can wait till next year. If it comes out next year and its after march (EDIT and it is after FE: Three Houses I mean) ...I'll get it next holiday. I'm not a die hard pokemon fan and I'm fairly certain that Pokemon 2019 is the holiday game next year.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

@Knighty_IX No, but gyro controls are better than touch controls so if there was a remake that included twin-stick + gyro controls it'll be 100% better.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

So is blazblue ctb dead on switch? The lobbies are empty, you can't get a ranked match seemingly ever. This is an evo game and nobody plays!

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

@Knighty_IX Nah it's not only you, I pretty much LOVE that game. (Never can go higher than 2.0 for latter stages though...)

One of the best games I ever played, and I love the dialogues and I think pretty much everything. The control scheme is fun, and the action parts are also great.

darkfenrir

NEStalgia

@Knighty_IX the control scheme has good and bad. It approximates a mouse, so it's really way better than dual analog alone. But it's an ergonomic disaster on its own, thus that silly stand. It cramps hands hard and gets in the way of the screen. And the hard boundaries are a mess in frantic action. This gyros best it. @ReaderRagfish this is why fighters need good single player. They just don't work online.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

NEStalgia wrote:

@ReaderRagfish this is why fighters need good single player. They just don't work online.

This is why I need Smash to have a very fulfilling single player, too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Therad

@Knighty_IX It felt basically impossible for us lefties... not having a second circle pad was a design flaw in this case.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the complainers about a small stylus haven't noticed it can extend.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Anti-Matter
LOL
Waku Waku Sweets: Amai Okashi ga Dekiru Kana ?
The first "Cooking Mama" games on Nintendo Switch.
The gameplay is exactly like Cooking Mama Cook Off Wii, same like on 3DS too.
The game is released TODAY in physical and digital.
Wanna cook something on Nintendo Switch ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia The basic rule for Switch online games: If it's not a Nintendo platform exclusive and it doesn't have crossplay with PC/XB1, its online will likely be dead soon after launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish Yeah that's really the case. I tried to play CTB again.....there were a grand total of 145 people across all lobbies. That's worldwide I think. Lobby doesn't let you pick region, but ranked does. I tried Japan, Asia, and NA but the lobby counts didn't change. Nobody joined ranked in NA. I got a match in ranked as a noob (and was way outclassed) eventually on the Japan server.....but then after that I let it keep trying to match again and only found the same person. The "casual" lobbies are filled with people that clearly are dedicated players, probably of BB in the past, and I'm betting double dippers that play PC/PS4 and bought Switch for practice and impromptu play. Not really fun between lag, and no players. Shame it's a really good game, but it seems 100% unplayably dead on Switch. I'm sure it fares better on PS4. It's great for in-person meet-ups I guess, but not online. DB:FZ will do better given the audience, but I wonder if Guilty Gear will still come at all given what must be a sales failure of BB:CTB. When there's less than 200 people on the whole planet playing at the same time as you, that game is so dead.

I feel cheated!

Back to Valkyria demo I suppose....

@Knighty_IX Everything you describe sounds right....but hands are gripping tools. When stressed...they grip. Learning to not due that is the bane of many a music student but I think you have to adapt to that at a young age if you're going to unlearn that natural reaction. For me, if there's stress, whatever is in my hands will get crushed Accidentally using specials all the time in Splatoon 2 by inadvertently clicking the right stick will happen constantly as well.

The stylus however did emulate a mouse nicely, but so do gyros ("Air Mice"/gycroscopic mice are an actual thing, so a sufficiently high res gyro actually is a type of mouse.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Sadly that seems very true. Only $20 a year for that... That's going to be a problem with all these online games....

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

Steep is officially cancelled. They announced this...in a reply to someone on Twitter

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish Shame...it's such a good fit for the system. But yeah I think this is the last fighter I buy on Switch. Pokken/Smash/ARMS will have to do. Not sure about double-dipping on DB:FZ. I already have it on XBox thanks to the sale the other week, and I have my preferred arcade stick (Razer) on the X1 (and the Hori on Switch.) But it's such a good game. CTB should have been good....if it had a community (it wasn't on X1 and I don't have a PS4 fight stick, so Switch seemed a no brainer.) The one ranked battle I got (at new rank) I just got destroyed by constant combo chains I couldn't escape.

@Knuckles-Fajita LOL! I'm stunned. Devastated. Surprised. I don't know how to react. I mean it's been TBD for a year and a half for an always-online massively open world game. I really had faith in that one.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish Yep. And then it comes back to "we put our games on platforms where it makes sense" leading to "we have no plans for Switch at this time." And it's hard to fault them. CTB has nobody playing it. It's a dead product. Why would the company port another game? (Of course they also didn't port to XBox, so Switch is faring better than X? )

Though I suppose it proves Sony's right to hold crossplay back. If you want CTB, you play Sony, apparently. But why not have at least PC cross play. That's all on Arc, Nintendo wouldn't block it.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

NEStalgia wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Sadly that seems very true. Only $20 a year for that... That's going to be a problem with all these online games....

The paid online is just going to make the situation worse even for some 1st party games. I still think that it's going kill ARMS and maybe Pokken DX.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano i don't think it'll kill arms. I think the remaining arms crowd is loyal. And i think it's evergreen like kart due to it featuring joycon interaction and getting very unique throw spring man in smash and give it a boost?

But pokken yeah that's really depressing. Online and Nintendo just don't go together i guess. Not just Nintendo really, look at Steep and for Honor (and the crew 1). That's the trouble with online. If it's not one of the most popular it might as well never have been made. It's a shame to see these fighters die off though. It really makes it not worthwhile to purchase.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic