Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,241 to 31,260 of 70,082

Ralizah

Looks like Child of Light is coming to the Switch. Beautiful game. I played it on PS4 earlier this year.

@Tsurii I'd even be satisfied with a modified Smash Run. I probably played that mode more than all of the others combined.

It was better paced, but the new Direct didn't do too much more to sell me on the game.

Not that I won't be getting it anyway...

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Tsurii I think we both have the same thoughts on Smash 4, Smash 4.5, and the two presentations

@Ralizah Smash Run wasn't bad, I'd accept it. I'd accept anything more than that *$#@$ board game. But I'm really looking for a meaty story mode. It doesn't need to be loaded with cutscenes. Something with a metagame like the KI roguelike or the DB:FZ map battles/RPG elements. Something to add a metagame or story beyond just an arcade ladder of battles that feel like they have no purpose than training for competitive battles.

NEStalgia

kkslider5552000

I'm a bit worried for Single Player, but as a game, I can't help but be impressed.

I've noticed for a whole now that a lot of Nintendo series will sometimes refuse to bring back things everyone liked from past games and replace them with something else that will also likely not be back (Pokemon being the most obvious example), as if they're trying to avoid making the best example of the game possible so that you'll keep buying them (I doubt that's why it happens though). This game is the complete opposite. Smash Bros not now, maybe never, needs to have as many stages as this. And the music. Like, seriously, look at the price of actually buying music, the soundtrack of this game alone is worth the price.

I will say, it seems like Classic Mode isn't Smash 4's which is already an improvement. People didn't care too much for it in Wii U, and that's still way underselling how bad Classic mode was in that game. It suuuuuuuucked. I don't know why Smash Tour got hate compared to that disaster. Smash Tour was at least interesting. Wii U Classic was so bad it made appreciate it more in previous games.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

Notice how they also mentioned that classic mode would have unique challenges for each character.

While I like the random battle format, having a set series of battles for each character kinda makes me want to play as each character just to see the references.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@Tsurii Hyped? No. But I enjoy Smash. I play Smash with friends. So the likelihood that I won't get the new Smash is very small.

@NEStalgia That board game mode was the worst thing ever. Couldn't sell my copy of Smash on the Wii U fast enough.

Smash Run isn't ideal, I agree, but it's better than just a classic mode with specific battles.

Also hoping that the interesting difficulty slider from Smash 4 returns. The harder it gets, the more you bet, but also the more you're rewarded if you win. It was a cool system.

Edited on by Ralizah

FragRed

@Ralizah Yep been confirmed by Ubisoft

Edited on by FragRed

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TuVictus

@Ralizah I personally wasn't exactly wowed. I wanted single player stuff and the closest thing I got was an admittedly much better Classic mode than the Wii U game. K.Rool is whatever for me, so I didn't get the same shock that many others did.

That said, even as a fan that is clearly not the main target for this game (More competitive multiplayer focused types of gamers), I can still see why this direct was pretty well-done. It just sucks that it didn't have much for me. I'm only really getting it since it's just necessary to have each consoles' smash game

TuVictus

Spoony_Tech

I would admit I thought K.Rool was going to be Rabbid Kong for some reason.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Ralizah You mean the Sakurai Scale? He uses that in everything. Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Star Allies.....I imagine it will be back.

I'm still hoping for a real single player of some sort. Smash 4 cheaped out, but everything on WiiU was cut short from the start, and Smash 4 was split on two systems dividing the time. Since this is basically just Smash 4 with a bunch of old stuff, a little new stuff, there's no reason not to put a proper campaign in for the first time in a decade. "The internet will leak videos" isn't a valid reason to have nothing when even Microsoft could be bothered to do it (even if they did settle for Larry Hryb doing the voiceover work.... )

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

As soon as DK appeared I knew it was going to be K Rool. Smash Ultimate has felt like a continuation of the Smash Ballot cycle right from the start with Inklings.

Meanwhile it took me awhile to notice the first trailer was for Simon Belmont though that's because my experience with the Castlevania franchise is very limited.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Tsurii Gold edition with season pass should have early access, right? You can always import.

@Grumblevolcano but if you're a Castlevania vetaran who played Simon's Quest, you start to question if the announcement really means Simon is in the game, or not.

"Get a Silk Bag from the Graveyard Duck to live longer"

NEStalgia

Toy_Link

I thought after the fake out it was going to be a Cranky/Dixie team up.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Spoony_Tech

@Mrtoad That fake out was just mean and cruel lol

Anyways been waiting for this. I will live with the extra dl content to save $25 off digital.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

King K Rool is incredibly exciting. He's a icon of my childhood, not to mention he's just a really cool character that brings a lot of personality and uniqueness to the table. I like his big fat golden belly and how he was chomping at the 4th wall... that character reveal alone just got me excited for this game.

But Chrom is a nice add in also! Pretty much every fire emblem fan there is wanted to see Chrom in the last game. And now it's finally happening. Not going to complain about that.

Dark Samus is a perfect addition to go along side Ridley, and well-timed with Metroid Prime 4 in the works. Bring some excitement and brand recognition to Smash 5 with characters for games coming to Switch.

And we get Rathalos in the game! It makes me wonder if we are going to get a monster hunter character like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. He did say there were some more character reveals coming in the future. Even if we don't, just having Rathalos in the game makes me feel whole and complete 😁 A reveal right on time with Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate 3 weeks away!

I thought the Castlevania characters were definitely cool. I never really played the game is growing up so I don't have the same attachment as some others but I still think Simon Belmont is an awesome character and a perfect addition to the game.

Now, on to Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo as I await Okami HD tomorrow and Monster Hunter Gen Ultimate 2 weeks from next Tuesday.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Oh yeah, that was in KI: Uprising, wasn't it?

I'd totally forgotten that game even existed.

NEStalgia

@Ralizah An awesome game marred by horrible controls. That shall forever be its legacy.

@Spoony_Tech ....until GCU expires. Then I want my full game cartridge for $50, kthxbai.

NEStalgia

meleebrawler

@JaxonH Something they somewhat glossed over is having Ancestral Steppe from 4 as a stage. That means we can expect Monster Hunter music as well. A playable character is literally the only type of rep currently missing for this series.

How long do you think before gaijinhunter comments on this?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Ryu_Niiyama

Has anybody mentioned that both wiiu Scribblenauts games are coming to switch? I'll get them later once they are deeply discounted as I have the wiiu versions.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@meleebrawler
Ya I noticed that. But the stage wasn't showing on the stage lists, so could it be a stage from a single player campaign mode with Rathalos as a boss? They did say more characters would be revealed later so perhaps we are getting a MH character? Even if we don't I'm happy just with this. Anything beyond would be even more grand .

I'm hoping Gaijin Hunter does a vid. Idk if he will though

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

JaxonH wrote:

Hey, to all the "Dragon Quest is cancelled even though they've confirmed it 6 times" people, here's one more for ya

Dragon Quest XI Switch Development Going Well- News Could Be ...

I usually don't don a tinfoil hat but I find it suspect that now that Octopath is selling out and putting squeenix's on more people's minds that own switch and now all of a sudden things are going well with DQ development. I mean I'm buying the switch and 3ds versions but still. Really?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic