Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,281 to 31,300 of 69,981

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia I don't see ARMS representation in Smash happening outside of music and trophies (normal trophies, not assist trophies), too recent for a fighter and the stage focus is very much on Smash's past (I think Poke Floats is more likely).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

@Grumblevolcano by no means am i a Smash aficionado but I do enjoy them for what they are. I agree Arms is unlikely to make a significant appearance but think the inclusion of Splatoon shows Nintendo are willing to include more recent characters. Mind you Splatoon has been a real break out IP for Nintendo (Arms has also done well) so I guess there was no way they wouldn't include it. Personally I'd like to see an Arms character but don't know how easy it would be to do without changing what makes them unique in the first place. Also who would they use?? Spring Man and maybe Ribbon Girl are the most recognisable characters but I'd say Helix or Master Mummy or maybe Max Brass would be the more interesting fighter.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

We have a slightly more precise release date for Switch online, 2nd half of September.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aozz101x

@Grumblevolcano i wonder why they "delay" it...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

link3710

I think ARMS is pretty much guaranteed to be the first DLC for the game. It deserves representation, but it's too new to be in the base game I'd say, developmentwise.

link3710

RR529

Not that anyone cares, but the more I play it the more I'm impressed by Go Vacation!

It definitely is a casual game, but not shovelware (and I've definitely played some Wii shovelware in the past, such as Ninja Reflex...). City Resort has been a real highlight so far (the key means of transportation here are roller blading and skateboarding, and quite appropriately the entire Resort is structured like a giant Tony Hawk Pro Skater level, and with treasure chests hidden around every resort, exploration is encouraged).

As for the mini games themselves, I quite like Scuba Diving, Table Hockey, Most of the trick based events (especially the Skateboard/Rollerblade & Snowboard/Ski centered ones), & Ski Jump, and even the various racing events are all pretty solid (even if they're not a replacement for a more dedicated racing game). Tennis and Mini-Golf are decent as well. All events have achievements to unlock (some just one, while at least one has 5), which encourages single player play if you have no one else to play with, though I'm sure it's a blast with others, and online (even if limited to a few events) would have been much welcome.

It does have a few odd design desicions, like the fact you can't control the camera with the right stick while exploring the resorts, some events still use motion even in the "Full Control" mode (even though it's just a quick shake of the controller and not anything obtuse, it makes some events awkward in portable mode, though I haven't had an issue with it on TV play). As for full motion control, I haven't used it that much, but I'm not too impressed (I quickly got the hang of Tennis with it enabled, but it wasn't nearly as intuitive as Nintendo's own efforts in Wii Sports, while Mini-Golf is darn near unplayable with full motion). Everything works well with normal controls though.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haruki_NLI

@RR529 More people care than the number of people who remembered Steep was gonna be a thing.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@RR529
I'll probably pick it up in a deep sale down the line. I don't want it bad enough to pay full price but I am curious. When it hits 15 bucks I'm all over it.

Well, I got Monster Hunter World running on my GPD Win 2! 540p on lowest settings, and getting 25-30fps. I'm not sure if that will hold up when particle effects appear (why can't we turn those off?) and multiple monsters but hey, World on the go!

This just makes me want Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate even more.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH But you already have it???

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@JaxonH But you already have it???

I have it in Japanese, not English! Trust me, it's great when there's no other option, and playable for sure, but English is so much better. You don't have to worry about translation in sending the save data over to 3DS so that you can use the fan translated version when you craft and then send the save data back...

Not that any of that stuff takes terribly long to do and if you're determined to figure it out you can definitely do so but... it's just so much better in a language you can understand.

Plus everyone else will be playing this time so you get the experience of hunting alongside everyone else as they progress through the game, including my bro who will be hunting with me. And when he stops by to visit we can play locally via local wireless, like we used to in the Splatoon 2 Salmon Run days

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH MH is the first real reason I need a second Switch. My son and I had the last 2 3ds versions and had a blast playing together. Don't feel like spending $360 just for the both of us to play.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Shouldn't your copy of XX for NS just update with a patch adding in English?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@Knuckles-Fajita
Negative. No English language update for the JP version, unless they plan to surprise everyone with an unannounced update. Which almost certainly isn't the case

Spoony_Tech

@Knuckles-Fajita That seems like too much work for Capcom. Besides, why update a year old Japanese version sold in Japan.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

@Yosheel Not to my knowledge but then I wasn't playing local multiplayer.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Eel

Op well it seems the last game with split screen was 3 on Wii.

On the WiiU you could play cross multiplayer with 3DS, but that's about it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

@Tsurii Name one time he's done that for an IP that may never see the light of day? There was no way to know if ARMS would ever release. At least for Lucas, Roy, and Greninja they were from existing franchises.

link3710

Anti-Matter

@RR529
Yo !
I play Go Vacation too.
I really hope Bandai Namco want to make a sequel, Go Vacation 2 onn Nintendo Switch with better presentation.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

I can't help but think that Nintendo's going to release the rest of the paid online launch info in an early September Direct, maybe alongside another big Smash segment.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic