Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,281 to 31,300 of 35,924

Anti-Matter

Btw, have we got exact release date for Dragon Quest Builder 2 Switch ?

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Anti-Matter

@IceClimbers
LOL
Why does Switch version still rated Rating Pending while PS4 & Xbox 1 was rated Teen ?

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

link3710

@IceClimbers Oh man, is Valkyria Chronicles (1) still coming the same day? I guess the giant hole in September for my games I'm interested in just got closed with both of those games coming in. Not that that's a surprise, September is usually packed for 3rd parties.

link3710

Fooligan

@Ryu_Niiyama I am getting The Lost Child, but I highly doubt I will be able to find it in stores and I didn't pre-order because I'm lazy. So, now I'm going to have to wait a few more days to play it.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

IceClimbers

@link3710 I don't think they ever confirmed VC1 for the west.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

ilikeike

The doggo may have convinced me to preorder.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Fooligan I'd gotten nervous because some of the reviews are all over the place but I'm going to keep my preorder (has not shipped yet).

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@IceClimbers Gah, really? But it's already localized, and it's a digital only release. What possible reason would they have for not bringing it over? Well, with any luck the JP version should contain english text anyways, so I can just get it from their eShop

link3710

rallydefault

JaxonH wrote:

@rallydefault
I don't look too deep into that sort of thing. Just go with the flow and enjoy things how they play out.

I...

Yep, I'm out. lol

rallydefault

PikPi

@JaxonH Same here. I feel like I've played plenty of games where the party makes no sense from a character standpoint. As long as the overall plot is coherent

PikPi

Therad

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

@Buizel Yeah, and now they are getting angry at people who are, quite rightly asking, hey, where the actual hell is this game we have seen nothing of that you announced 3 years ago and claim is still in development with a release window of sometime between January 1st 2019 and the Apocalypse?

And I can't fathom how they could fudge up the development over a minor revision of the unreal engine. I could understand if they upgraded from 3 to 4, since they rebuilt the APIs, but from one version of 4 to another?

Therad

Knuckles-Fajita

@Therad They have to go from 4.3 (I believe thats what they said it was) to 4.13, the earliest that has UE4 (Or is it .15, its one of those two!).

All that changed is some aspects of how coding works and is interpreted. That is it. Some workflow and processing changes. Some techniques and coding practices became deprecated, newer, more efficient ones added in their place.

Firstly, how they didn't know this was coming given Epic told even ME and every other UE4 developer about these changes BEFORE the Switch was even integrated, not even to mention long before the Switch UE4 integration was released, is baffling. The Switch was officially incorporated in May 2017.

How they have yet to work around something like this they knew was coming because it was a change made around 4.10 is weird in of itself, but the fact we are where we are now, so far after the first Switch enabled revision of UE4 came out, and they have absolutely NOTHING to show for it, is the most insane.

This game is vaporware. I dont think it exists in any form as is.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

JaxonH

It wasn't 3 years ago. Heck it wasn't even 2 years ago. They announced 6-9 months before Switch released.

Just forget about it already. When they're ready they'll show it. Expect 1 year or more after release.

I'm just glad it's coming. Timing is of no concern to me. Cause once it's out on Switch it's out forever. Just tuck the game away in the back of your mind like Metroid Prime 4 and SMTV. It'll come in due time. It's not like it's the Wii U era where there's nothing to play in the meantime.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Gen. Ultimate, Dark Souls, TWEWY, Starlink, Valkyria Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Alber-san

@Knuckles-Fajita
It's even weirder too because they're releasing Octopath which should take much longer to make right? (A port is quicker to make than a new game). So I guess they never wanted to actually bring DQ.

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH No, Square Enix announced DQXI for NX in July 2015 which is nearly 3 years ago.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Knuckles-Fajita

@Alber-san You know what's funny?

They are releasing Octopath Traveler right?

They first showed it off in January 2017, before UE4 support was fully integrated into Switch, as noted.

The game runs in UE4.

Sure the early footage was most likely on a PC but come on, SOMEONE in the company was aware of the engine working.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

ilikeike

@Knuckles-Fajita I wouldn't be surprised if the team behind Octopath are the only ones at the company with any idea of how to create and optimize games for Switch, aside from maybe Tokyo RPG Factory. But even TRF didn't know how to make such a basic game as Lost Sphear run at 60 fps on Switch.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Alber-san

@Knuckles-Fajita
Wow that is strange. I guess Sony paid them then (lol as if... or could they). Has Square Enix released any game on Switch? Maybe they hadn't even started porting it because they really didn't trust Nintendo's console. So they have started just now. Maybe they didn't even know the capabilities of the Switch.

Edit: Ok so they've released a few small games and poorly optimised ones too.

Edited on by Alber-san

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic