Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,921 to 28,940 of 69,997

IceClimbers

So the game is in fact $30 across all platforms, even for the physical version. The amiibo Edition is $60

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

What an amazingly circuitous path we've taken to get to a beautiful new Mega Man game. First Capcom was ignoring Mega Man, so Inafune crowdfunded Mighty No. 9, which looked like a proper modern Mega Mna. That turned out to be terrible, but it presumably showed Capcom that there's interest in a new Mega Man game, and now we're getting Mega Man 11, which looks remarkably similar to what people were hoping Mighty No. 9 would look like.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

Rip Mega Man Legends 3.

That game is never gonna get revived.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee confirmed for November 16th 2018 and all new core series RPG (I'd guess that means Gen 8) for 2nd half of 2019. Nintendo could easily release Animal Crossing in October 2018 without any problems in 2019 regarding big game releases.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Man... that Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Evee looks rad as heck, and I'm not even really a Pokémon fan.

Seriously, the games look good. And they're not even the core entry! That's still coming in 2019!

I'm taken aback, and I'm never taken aback with Pokémon news.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

Even better: It's mechanically watered down!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

I'm skipping those games if the GO capturing style is compulsory. If however you can choose between GO and the normal capturing style then I may get it day 1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Thats the only real barrier for me (Beyond the potential lack of post-game and only original Pokemon) is....Pokemon Go mechanics.

Please let that NOT be mandatory.

JaxonH

I love the whole "toss the Joycon toward the screen to capture"

They should keep that for every entry on Switch. You don't have to use the little Pokémon GO ball controller, you just make a throwing motion like any other Switch game that incorporates motion.

Of course I'm not against them tossing in an option to use a button. I think that should definitely be the case just because having a variety of controls schemes are always a good thing. And it would probably work better when playing in handheld mode.

I'm sure they will. Obviously it's a portable system, and you're not always going to be able to detach the joycon. Pretty sure the reveal advertisement is just highlighting the cool stuff you can do. Boring stuff like pressing buttons to toss a pokke ball will be in the fine print

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

You know, that aspect is fine.

Except now there is no preparation. Encounter thing, throw ball, hope. Its a downgrade from even the original games where you could make catching easier.

MsJubilee

Can't wait to flail my arms like a simpleton every time i want to catch a stupid Pokemon. GG Pokemon company.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

KirbyTheVampire

Even though it's gonna suck if the capturing mechanics are watered down, it's not such a huge deal. The 2019 game will presumably have regular battles and such.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

IceClimbers

@YummyHappyPills Isn't that what most do anyways outside of legendaries and Pokemon caught at the beginning of the game?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Harmonie

Well, my Switch just got confirmed to collect even more dust. sigh Like, I might have even given the games a chance, but... The fact that the catching systems are simplified to be like Pokemon GO (who knows how they messed up battling?) and that there is no online just turns me off huge. Like, they had one job, and they somehow messed it up.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

TheTetrisGuy

I’m actually really excited for Let’s Go. A lot of the bad things people have said are them jumping to conclusions. The biggest red flag for me is only being able to use 1 joycon, but again, that’s due to a lack of information.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

-Green-

I’m getting it. I can’t sleep, but I’m honestly fond of the idea of the idea of playing it with my little sister together.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

And... cue complaints about an extra, additional game above and beyond the core Pokémon entries coming, which is somehow going to cause people to play their Switch less. Because brand new unannounced games we didn't know were coming always subtract time you spend with your system /s

If it ain't your style people, then don't play it. Wait for the "core gen 8" Pokémon games coming next year. No need to complain about using motion controls in a game nobody is forcing you to play in the first place.

That being said, this is exactly the Pokémon game they needed to make. This is the kind of game that will get a person like me into the series. Crazy that I've been playing Nintendo game since a kid but I've never gotten into Pokémon. The games just never really interested me, and despite buying a number of entries and giving them an honest go, they just never really hooked me.

But this? This is like... my dream Pokémon game (aside from the GO integration, don't care about that, although I have nothing against it being included because I know a lot of people at my work who played GO and will probably be attracted to this game as a result). Now, I may see the gen 8 games next year... and maybe they end up blowing this game out of the water. It's very possible. But given the fact I haven't seen what the new games have in store, all I can say is this here is everything I could have dreamed of when it comes to a brand new Pokémon game. Great graphics, motion controls that make sense and look fun to use, awesome new animations, even that cool Poke ball controller has me intrigued lol.

Hook line and sinker, they got me.

Edited on by JaxonH

EvilLucario

Only hope now is that now that they've got a game to bridge between the Go audience and the core RPG audience, they can work on making the core RPG experience for the fans that stuck around since the beginning or later games. It's time to take all that worked and refine them into a great game that blows all the other generations out of the water.

Still waiting on a Pokemon game that impresses me more than Gen 5.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

Overview

Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! are the newest titles in the Pokémon series coming this fall to Nintendo Switch. Inspired by Pokémon Yellow, which was originally released on Nintendo’s Game Boy in 1999, these two titles are designed for players taking their first steps into the Pokémon video game world. Featuring an innovative connection to the popular Pokémon GO mobile game, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! promise plenty of enjoyment for both newcomers to the franchise and experienced players.

Key Features

1 Pikachu and Eevee—Explore the iconic Kanto region like never before. You can embark on your adventure together with Pikachu as your partner in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or choose Eevee as your partner when you play Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!

2 Play in a whole new way—Experience intuitive controls by using your Joy-Con to throw Poké Balls at wild Pokémon you encounter. Need some help? Your friend can grab a second Joy-Con to join in on the fun and even boost the chances of catching Pokémon for the first-ever collaborative gameplay in a Pokémon RPG.

3 Play even when on the GO—Connect your game for Nintendo Switch with the mobile game sensation Pokémon GO. Players can capture a Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region in Pokémon GO and transfer it into their Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! adventure.

4 Have a ball—Take your Pokémon journey to a whole new level with the Poké Ball Plus. More than just a controller, the Poké Ball Plus features motion controls, lights up with a variety of colors, vibrates, and plays sounds. When catching a Pokémon in the game, you will be able to feel it moving within the Poké Ball Plus. The Poké Ball Plus also works as a Pokémon GO Plus for those playing Pokémon GO. Using the Poké Ball Plus, you can bring one of your Pokémon from Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! with you as you explore the real world, even when you’re not playing the game. Additionally, you can receive a variety of rewards once Pokémon are returned to the Nintendo Switch games.

Fact Sheet

1 Wild Pokemon battles do not exist in the Let’s Go games
2 But you can battle other trainers
3 On choosing Eevee: one reason was that your rival in Yellow used Eevee; character has become massively popular over the years as well, and they’ve decided to start using him as a partner to Pikachu
4 There was a “special Pokemon” mentioned in the trailer Go players would meet if they linked it with Let’s Go; it’s an all-new Pokemon we’ve never seen before
5 You will still be able to trade and battle, but you’ll have to have multiple Switches for that; you can have multiple accounts on the same console, however
6 No plans for the games to use online service
7 The Pokemon Company views Switch as a combo home/handheld, so they wanted to take the good parts of the handheld versions and expand on them with the Switch
8 The Let’s Go games are designed primarily as home console games, while the 2019 games will have more of an emphasis on the handheld experience
9 They didn’t elaborate on what this might mean
10 They have other gameplay ideas they haven’t announced regarding how Go and Let’s Go will interface
11 Those who play both will be rewarded
12 They see the Let’s Go games as the next step for players brought in by Pokemon Go to continue with the series, which is why the catching interface/models are the same
13 The 2019 games, meanwhile, is what they see as their way to move the handheld experience forward, and they’ve been working on it since before the Switch released, which is why they won’t be as influenced by Go
14 There are plans for the Poke Ball Plus beyond the Let’s Go games/Go
15 They see the device as the next iteration of the Go Plus
16 Nintendo engineers helped make the Poke Ball
17 The idea was to create the closest thing possible to an actual Pokeball that really felt like it has a Pokemon inside
18 What technology is used to connect Let’s Go game and Pokemon GO? Bluetooth

credit to Nintendo Everything

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic