Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,941 to 28,960 of 69,983

KryptoniteKrunch

I can dig these new Pokemon games. Let's face it, Pokemon Go is pretty darn big still(like every mobile title, it lost some traction, but yeah)So getting the Go audience into the more core games AND the old school Kanto fans in is pretty smart.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

-Green-

Nintendo’s gonna sell so many switches this year

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Kimyonaakuma

I think it looks cool! The trailer made me feel a little excited despite the limited information. It's not everything that I would want in a Pokémon game but it's something new, something Kanto, something fun? Hopefully?
I'll just enjoy this for what it is and hope the 2019 game brings some classic Pokémon action!

....slightly worried about the catching of Pokémon though, keep it as a gimmick if you want motion controls but add a button option too!

Kimyonaakuma

darkfenrir

@Kimyonaakuma The button control seems to be confirmed

"The practice of catching Pokémon has been changed dramatically from previous titles. Now you can use your Nintendo Switch’s Joy-Con to toss a Poké Ball at your target with one hand, either by pressing a button or flicking your wrist. With fewer buttons and intuitive action, it’s never been simpler."

From the website: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-lets-g...

darkfenrir

OorWullie

The first ever HD home console Pokémon not having any online play is a joke,no excuse!. Especially when it releases 2 months after the service launches. Having an online Pokémon game would have driven membership numbers up massively.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

IceClimbers

So with Pokemon confirmed for November, I'd say that Smash Bros is almost certainly coming in September as we all speculated.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OorWullie

Starfox Racing for August,Smash in September along with the paid service,2D Mario for October and Pokémon for November. That's what I think.

If not for the rumours ,Mario v Rabbids would have been announced at E3 then released in August so Starfox Racing releasing so soon after its reveal is possible. Plus it's another online game to go along with Smash. Free SFR online for 1 month before the service arrives.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

IceClimbers

@OorWullie You're forgetting Yoshi and Fire Emblem, both of which are confirmed to be 2018. Strongly doubt those get delayed either.

Given that we already have Smash and Pokemon, and given their rather conservative 20 million target for this fiscal year, I'm 100% positive a 2D Mario isn't coming this year. It would be completely overkill. Maybe a NSMBU port, but even that would still be overkill IMO.

I think it's Yoshi in August alongside MHGU, Smash in September, Star Fox Grand Prix in October, and Fire Emblem in December.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Lroy

If we're guessing a 'big' game a month from here on out for 2018. What's July?

I know we have MARIO TENNIS ACES in June, what would be July? Then the remaining 5 months of the year could be FIRE EMBLEM, YOSHI, STAR FOX RACING (if that exists), POKEMON, SMASH in any order. Unless July is 3rd Party month like we just had in May with STREET FIGHTER 30TH ANNIVERSARY and the MEGA MAN COLLECTIONS etc. ?

Or fingers crossed, a totally new game announced at E3 and coming in July.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

darkfenrir

@Lroy Octopath Traveler maybe? That game is July after all.

darkfenrir

Lroy

@darkfenrir Yes, that makes sense. Sorry, I didn't have the release dates to hand. I think you are right. The positive buzz surrounding OCTOPATH since the reveal and Demo could mean it becomes the tent pole release that month.

darkfenrir

@Lroy Yeah it's ok, if you aren't interested in RPG, that game will certainly just fly over you.

darkfenrir

Therad

I don't think it is productive to look at "one great game a month". It only leads to disappointment and that some titles are forgotten, because we had another great game that month. Certain months (notably january and summer months) have always been low-points for games, regardless of console.

Therad

Kimyonaakuma

@darkfenrir Yay that's good! I don't want to wave my arms around every time I want to catch a Pokémon

@Lroy There's Captain Toad in July, but Octopath Traveller is probably a bigger game as nobody has played it before.

@Therad Nintendo has been following a "one first party game a month" trend for a while, it's just not as relevant because we're actually getting third party games. They seem to still be doing that though, and E3 will fill in the months that we don't know.

But yeah the idea of one game a month does put the others under the radar. But sometimes the big title of the month isn't interesting anyway As long as they advertise both games we should be okay!

Kimyonaakuma

Lroy

@Therad I'm not overly bothered when the games come out. Plenty to play and not enough cash to keep buying more. Although I would really like FIRE EMBLEM to be out buy Autumn (so I can get it as a B'Day gift 😉) I was just reading through the thread and was curious about the 1-game per month speculation is all. All a bit of fun.

Edited on by Lroy

darkfenrir

@Kimyonaakuma Hm, reading some other comments seems to keep saying you need to use the gyrometer even with the button?

Hmmmmm. Might be worth it to wait some more, hopefully you can really turn off the motion control :/

Handheld mode really sucks for motion control, and I'm primarily handheld person >_<;;

darkfenrir

Lroy

@Kimyonaakuma Oh CAPTAIN TOAD. So torn on that one. I adored the Wii U game. I'm very tempted to double-dip but not sure whether to consider the 3DS version as I'd like to see if it has 3D and how that looks. Imagine it would work really well but will they make it 3D?

Also noticed the price has been creeping up. Amazon UK had it at £28 now it has risen to £35. I've noticed this with a few Switch games now. They rise the price by £5 to £10 the closer it gets to release.

However, even if you pre-order at the lower price there is no gurantee they will honour your pre-order on launch day. Sometimes it is just more effective to walk into a store and pay on launch day.

Edited on by Lroy

gcunit

Fwiw, I'll bet any person here £1000 that catching Pokémon won't be motion-controlled only.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

@gcunit This is the company that is blocking videos just reporting that these games exist.

Dont underestimate TPCi

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic