Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,901 to 28,920 of 35,571

JaxonH

"Switch killer" sounds like console war hyperbole nonsense.

Besides, Nintendo portable gaming devices have always thrived irrespective of what Sony or anyone else does.

Streaming just isn't gonna do much for portable gaming, I don't think. Remote Play failed. PSTV failed. Vita with 3G failed. PS Now failed. Nvidia Shield failed. Wii U failed.

People don't want to stream games. Even if you could, in theory, get an excellent 5G signal, it's still going to have lag. It's still going to require the base system not being used for anything else, it's still going to deal with signal dropping or weak...

I think it would be foolish to invest anything more into streaming.

If they want to get serious, they need to figure out a way to make PS4 Portable. That I would be interested in. I think alot of people would be. Wouldn't have separate games but, it would have all their top games portably. Maybe in 5 years when PS4 Pro is $200 and base PS4 is $100, they can figure out a way to condense it, remove the hard drive and offer a download only portable model. That would be the best gaming device they've ever made and I'd be all over it. Still wouldn't stop me playing Switch, but I'd be playing it just as much if not more.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna, Super Mario Party
N3DS:
PS4pro/PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

SuperJoon

JaxonH wrote:

"Switch killer" sounds like console war hyperbole nonsense.

Besides, Nintendo portable gaming devices have always thrived irrespective of what Sony or anyone else does.

Streaming just isn't gonna do much for portable gaming, I don't think. Remote Play failed. PSTV failed. Vita with 3G failed. PS Now failed. Nvidia Shield failed. Wii U failed.

People don't want to stream games. Even if you could, in theory, get an excellent 5G signal, it's still going to have lag. It's still going to require the base system not being used for anything else, it's still going to deal with signal dropping or weak...

I think it would be foolish to invest anything more into streaming.

Agree with this, streaming for me is a no go. I stream my PS4 to my laptop and sometimes to connection just isn't there, I find it horrible to try and play games that are being streamed.

This is why PSNow is failing, combined that with price, its untouchable for me.

Being able to have my games on the Switch, and play natively on the system is a blessing.

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

darkfenrir

Lol 5G signal... even in my place, 4G isn't out in ALL areas yet.

Can't even stream youtube videos in reliable manner, well they can throw it out... but definitely not going to buy it.

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Grumblevolcano

Football Manager Touch 2018 has been at the top of the UK charts ever since its launch which is pretty impressive. I imagine not even Tropical Freeze will beat it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Streaming games is just one of those things that never took off like analysts predicted.

But like I said, find a way to make a portable PS4 and then we'll talk. That's probably the only theoretical gaming system that truly excites me. PS5, Xbox 3... not really exciting tbh. Cause there aren't really any ugly games anymore.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna, Super Mario Party
N3DS:
PS4pro/PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

SuperJoon

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Football Manager Touch 2018 has been at the top of the UK charts ever since its launch which is pretty impressive. I imagine not even Tropical Freeze will beat it.

I think it maybe close, but it is impressive how much it's taken off. Hopefully this is going to mean that we will also get FM Touch 19 as well

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I don't even want PS4 Portable.
After i bought The Sims 4 PS4 version, that was my LAST PS4 games to buy.
Even if PS4 Portable exist, i don't even want to throw my money onto Sony.
Their library games are suck, compared with Switch.
PS4 still can't play PS2 & PS1 Physically.
No thanks, i'm done with my last PS4 games purchase.
And actually, i rarely used my PS4 even The Sims 4 Console version was already in my hand. Strangely enough...

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

1UP_MARIO

Anti-Matter wrote:

@JaxonH
I don't even want PS4 Portable.
After i bought The Sims 4 PS4 version, that was my LAST PS4 games to buy.
Even if PS4 Portable exist, i don't even want to throw my money onto Sony.
Their library games are suck, compared with Switch.
PS4 still can't play PS2 & PS1 Physically.
No thanks, i'm done with my last PS4 games purchase.
And actually, i rarely used my PS4 even The Sims 4 Console version was already in my hand. Strangely enough...

The Sony hate is real.
The PS4 has a bigger library than the switch as it’s also way older.
The switch is also not backwards compatible. It can’t play Nintendo 64 and gamecube games

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

As gamers we never die. We always have spare 1ups here and there and everywhere

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Zuljaras

@1UP_MARIO Actually it is not Sony hate but mature games hate since most games on PS4 are for more mature audience.

Zuljaras

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras most games not all games.
Yeah mature games are evil. Sony is evil. Microsoft and pc games are evil. Only Nintendo is good.

Zuljaras

@1UP_MARIO Haha! Yes. All others are evil because they do not make games for wussies

Zuljaras

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
Ya... I'm gonna have to disagree. They've got a pretty killer library now. I may not be too fond of the company but, I love their games, love their consoles. They've earned my respect at least, via providing a quality gaming platform and library.

Think you're taking a fun hobby like playing video games a smidge too seriously. Unless they're running an underground human trafficking ring, there's no sense feeling so adamantly against them. They've done alot of good and made many contributions to gaming too

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro/PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras also PS4 can’t play ps1 and ps2 games physically because it’s ps4 but switch can play everything physically.

Zuljaras

@1UP_MARIO That is correct! I had trouble fitting my original GB cartridge in the Switch but it worked! Yes I have to buy another Switch but that is a small price to pay for backward compatibility.

Zuljaras

Ralizah

PS4 has a strong and diverse library. While a lot of its "big" titles don't interest me (God of War, Bloodborne, TLOU, etc.), I can still find plenty of games I want to play on it.

With that said, I detest the UI and prefer not to be tethered to my television, so, more often than not, I just play on my Switch, 3DS, or Vita.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras thanks man. I’m gonna try and see if my old games work. You have given me hope after you got the game boy carts to work 😉

JaxonH

Why are we talking about BC. Neither Switch nor PS4 is BC. Any games playable have to be repurchased.

The back and forth of "my console can do this and yours can't" is just as silly as AntiMatters posts. Everyone here knows his extreme views. No need to get defensive about it. Just enjoy what you enjoy.

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro/PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

I do believe they are joking because of extreme views...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

JaxonH

DKC Tropical Freeze Reviews

IGN – 9 / 10
GameSpot – 9 / 10
Game Informer – 9.25 / 10
Destructoid – N/A
Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
GameXplain – “Loved”
GamesBeat – 89 / 100
Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
Nintendo World Report – 9.5 / 10
Shacknews – 7 / 10
Gamereactor – 9 / 10

Seems it got much better treatment from GameSpot this time. Destruction gave it a 10/10 last time. Yet they're conveniently leaving it "unscored" this time.

Some Trusted Reviews site gave it a 50/100. That's the kinda nonsense DKC has to deal with. In no universe is that even remotely plausible.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro/PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic