Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,841 to 28,860 of 70,054

Grumblevolcano

@shadow-wolf That's not the problem rather you can only roll with dualies so someone rolling with a Splattershot isn't legit. So basically Nintendo's online has reached Wii status where you'd see stuff like people with infinite blue shells in Mario Kart Wii.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Honestly, how is this even a thing? No one's successfully broken into the Switch yet (as far as I know), and emulation on the Switch isn't anywhere near the point where you can play online. So...what in the world is going on? Are people like... doing hardware mods to physically intercept the data and modify it?

link3710

Octane

Makes me wonder why there isn't a simple check that prevents this stuff. Like if the game registers a weapon exceeding its determined power output or fire rate, it just bans that person.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Probably because Nintendo didn't account on people:

A) Bothering
B) Releasing information on hacks
C) EVERY WEBSITE ON EARTH reporting on said hacks hint hint making it well known

At this point, like with the homebrewers who are getting banned, I hope the bans fall swiftly here too. This is why I dont care what justification the "Nobles" use for their endeavours, you put the info out there, you let it out into the wild, I hold them responsible for people using it for these purposes.

If Nintendo doesn't hop on this stuff soon, Splatoon 2 is going to collapse.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@YummyHappyPills Not only Splatoon 2 but probably their whole paid online strategy. You don't see this mess on XB1 and PS4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano The only hope I have is that the idea of payong for and then effectively wasting money once banned is a deterrent.

Problem is its only $20 and these modders have multiple systems for crying out loud.

This is why we cant have nice things.

This is why sites should follow their own rules of not blatantly posting stories saying "Our system has been hacked so we can have the features we want also your online multiplayer experience will be miserable"

Octane

@YummyHappyPills Splatoon on the Wii U got hacked too. It was only a matter of time. I believe most online games have a measure in place that counteracts this. It can be fixed with a relatively simple patch, which I expect will follow soon. Nothing to worry about!

Besides, it's not as if a considerable chunk of the Splatoon community does this. I haven't encountered any hackers so far, I don't think most people have.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

Well mine come from the fact that I am working while I post so I hen peck, but I also enjoy discourse. I wish I was more concise for thread purposes (or that we could PM users) but alas.

@NEStalgia Timing for WiiU is a good point and one that I often overlook for two reasons. I buy based upon merit of the product, not when it comes out or its competition (MS is lucky I do that or I wouldn't have bought a bone...although I have buyer's remorse so... so zero sum game I guess). Which of course I do because I buy gaming systems to play games. No different then how I buy books. That is all I care about; case in point my 3ds library is huge...I hate the system. I hate Dualshock controllers (very excited about the new licensed one that mimics the xbox/GCN layout) but I have a ps4...granted it, like all my Sony machines is an exclusives machine because of the controller.

The other reason which unfortunately will likely keep me out of step with the rest of your "this is why consumers sat on the wiiu" theory, is I don't game for social reasons. Be it with friends or to "keep up"... I simply don't care. I just don't have an empathetic nature, so other humans don't matter to me in that way. I am I'm not anti social, I'm asocial, I simply don't feel anything for others/what they do/how they feel (beyond being polite, because every human should have manners and not be another name for Richard) without much effort. Makes me a loyal friend, but very hard to talk to. Extreme Introvert (INTJ) and all that.

However I will acknowledge that would have contributed to my confusion at to why most people didn't buy a WiiU, as the games were good. Granted they would have been better had the system sold but all in all I greatly enjoyed the WiiU library...I have more games there than ps3 after all (more 360 games though because of the fighting game revival.) I think that will go into my not understanding the complaint you levied against the aesthetic of the gamepad. It is a full sized controller, that is ergonomic (YMMV of course but I like it) with a touch screen...what was it supposed to look like? The switch? Perhaps...but at that time? I don't think so. You (social you) want it to look like an iPad...for less than 300? That is... ludicrous. Don't get me wrong, I think the complaints folks had for the game pad is the reason the switch looks as it does and why there is such an emphasis on customization. "Make it flashy make it yours"...(I can't talk I have the Splatoon joycons...till I can save up and get a European/Japanese set so I can just have green)

However, also to the timing point Nintendo has been out of timing step since at least the wii (sorry too busy to look it up right now and I only got Nintendo systems day one so I can't recall...) so shot of them waiting, and considering the wiiu was done as far as R&D, manufacturing deals and all that a year delay would have been even worse and I dont think they were "there" yet for a year earlier. Despite not being the Twins, the wiiu did make significant strides over its predecessor and I'm sure all the VC licensing and discount programs didn't just pop out of thin air. So I personally feel this is a "they played the hand they were dealt" sorta situation...except marketing. However even to the marketing department's defense I think they got sucked into the we are a family/secondary console manufacturer and I don't think that was the best idea. March to your own drum by all means but don't ask to be discounted before you start. I remember Reggie saying that they were marketing it as a second system and while I agreed at the time I don't think this was the best choice. Of course they couldn't say they were better since graphics (rolls eye...and yet all these indies and begs for old games and remakes...I know not the same crowds but there is a lot of overlap and it is silly) but I think they should have leveraged this is "why" you need this machine (which is what they are doing with switch... so I guess somebody got fired or fired up in marketing). And the switch style usage stats back that up I think. I know some folks said that "oh the 3ds community would prop up the numbers because Nintendo has only one machine" but that isn't what is happening. People are buying and using switch as intended....a hybrid so that means that Nintendo is doing a decent job and conveying to all types of playstyle gamers that it is a good purchase to make.

As for back log...technically I'm still paying Zelda. Still working on Kirby too (I like it so far myself...but I've not cracked the cellophane on robobot. But this game feels like an anniversary game to me). It's nearly E3 season, all the companies push after e3 and Nintendo tends to keep their releases close to the vest, so considering there is something (I can't wait for sushi striker) releasing every month I am not really seeing your argument. Perhaps we can revisit after E3? However I readily acknowledge that you may be finishing games faster, you may focus on Nintendo first (I just want to actually finish what I buy) and we likely don't have that much of a genre overlap. However that can make anything look barren. If you are a mainline Mario/Zelda/Pokemon gamer...then you are only going to like Nintendo like once every year. (well twice last year) Then that gets into "stop liking what I don't like" territory. Geez if that was the case I'd be in the MS thread ranting every week. So is it that games that YOU want to play are light and thus making the year light for you? Or are you expecting major flagship releases every month? Nobody does that. Even EA that sequel overlords.

kinda not happy about madden...cuz that means no NHL chances. SIGH guess I gotta keep this bone. So unless EA really drops some mics in E3. Then I'm getting FIFA and they can fall down a well. I'm sure I missed something....work has been a bit crazy due to the holiday. So feel free to counter as needed.

...Wow it really is you, me and thanos for the text walls...I think Jaxon and rejr (whatever his lettering is sorry) weighs in on occasion. I'm trying to stop but alas.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Haruki_NLI

@IceClimbers Thank god for a heavy screw you

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano games are hacked on all systems. It's an argument for dedicated server though, for sure.

@Ryu_Niiyama The fun of text walls is each reply gets larger . going off grid a few days so if i forget to make my text wall reply, poke me!

But for now, the short parts are:. Ohhh another dual shock hater! Do you hear that, @ralizah ? Our ranks swell in number by the day. Soon you ponies shall be no more!

The licensed controller, do you mean the scuff? That looks nice. $200 seens a bit rich for wireless. I do have the razer raiju wired...150 like the wired scuff....niiice micro switch face buttons. Hideous dpad. Parallel sticks like the ds but somehow feels so much better. I'd be lost without it.

Kirby: ahh yeah i guess start allies would seem better if you haven't started robo. Robo is just a better game all around. Bigger, more to do, better hidden items, and you have to find them. Allies feels very ... Basic and brief.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia yeah the scuff. I'll wait on reviews....but I'll likely end up buying it at some point no matter what.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

TheTetrisGuy

I’ve played the Sushi Striker demo 5 times now. I’m so glad this demo happened, it’s a blast! I was someone who thought the game looked dumb at the last Direct, so I’m eating my words now (and Sushi 🍣).

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Grumblevolcano

I could see Nintendo do a "Here's a story DLC trailer but while you're waiting for it to come out, Challenge mode and Bringer of Chaos difficulty is out now" for Xenoblade 2.

I'll be honest, while Smash will be good I'm way more excited for the Xenoblade 2 DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Ralizah

Tried the Sushi Strikers demo. The presentation is surprisingly nice, but I don't really like the gameplay.

@NEStalgia Piling wrong on top of wrong just makes for an even bigger pile of wrong. The DualShock layout is the best for a balance of 2D and 3D games, making it the best all-purpose controller for gaming.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

shadow-wolf

I@IceClimbers @Grumblevolcano @YummyHappyPills That makes sense, thanks for clarifying!

I am surprised that people are managing to hack online for the Switch so quickly. Hope Nintendo can put a swift stop to this.

shadow-wolf

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's selling the Sushi Striker opening and ending theme songs on digital services next week!

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic