Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,441 to 28,460 of 70,076

NaviAndMii

@OorWullie Yeah, I agree - the idea that Retro have taken inspiration from F-Zero and Diddy Kong Racing for Star Fox GP is particularly appealing, as they were two of the main gaming pillars of my childhood!

My initial reaction to the rumour was one of slight disappointment (couldn't quite get my head around why it wasn't just an F-Zero game) - but now that I've had time to digest it a bit more, I'm quite excited by the idea!

If it plays like DKR - feels like F-Zero - and has all of the personality and pilot-to-pilot banter of a Star Fox game...I think they're on to a winner! (..fingers crossed it's true!)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

WebHead

I'm quite open to the star fox and pokemon stuff. At the end of the day Nintendo is going to make what they want. I am glad to see crazy and unique ideas coming back. Wii U games were great but for existing IP they played it pretty safe.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TuVictus

When has a leak ever been from a conveniently placed written list all in neat little boxes with descriptions of each game. If it were real, what would that printed piece of paper serve to do for any employees?

By now, we should all know that any real information leaks aren't by way of a printed paper listing each game. It's usually in the form of hearsay.

TuVictus

link3710

@NaviAndMii I feel pretty much the same way. I'm still hoping that even if it is a Star Fox centered game, we get some of the F-Zero racers to help fill out the cast. Billy, Leon, Octoman and Bio-Rex could easily fit in with slight design changes, but I'd love to see some humans too like Jody and Samurai Goroh. Samus managing to make the racers would be amazing as well, but I'm not holding my breath for that. Realistically, if the F-Zero cast make it in, then it doesn't feel as much like F-Zero has been abandoned for this new concept I guess?

And on a sidenote, the other thing that makes me believe this is real is the existence of Mario Kart 8 DX. I've been questioning the wisdom of that release for awhile, as it meant they couldn't sell a brand new Mario Kart for some time. But if they have another racer in the wings, that'd explain it.

link3710

darkfenrir

Oh shoot, if it's not too pricy I think I'll go with switch rather than steam version. Saw my friend play it and it looks good

darkfenrir

Ralizah

@darkfenrir VA-11 Hall-A is AMAZING. Awesome, atmospheric soundtrack, fun characters, engaging writing, anarchic humor, and the central gameplay mechanic of drink mixing is puzzle-like and allows you to directly affect the course of the conversation with the customer. It's one of the best indies I've ever played. Really happy it'll soon have two portable versions (Vita and Switch).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

darkfenrir

@Ralizah Yeah, my problem is that at Steam, I can get it for US$7 even without discounts XD

How's the replaybility for this game? If it's quite high, seems preferable on Switch...

darkfenrir

Aozz101x

Okami will launched on August 9, 2018 in NA and PAL. (same release in Japan)
https://nintendoeverything.com/okami-hd-for-switch-releasing-...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Ralizah

@darkfenrir It was on Humble Bundle a while back, which, of course, made it insanely accessible.

There's multiple endings, but they're designed in such a way that you can clear several endings per run. Although I doubt you'll get all of them in one go unless you're looking at a guide.

So, not a huge amount of replayability.

@Aozz101x Glad we finally have a date! I'll definitely pre-load that when it goes live. Although August feels like a long time to wait.

Hopefully we hear about Hyper Light Drifter and Hollow Knight soon.

Lots of great indies coming to Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

darkfenrir

@Ralizah Awh okay! Guess I'll just put it in wishlist for now and see whether I should grab it or not.

(and see my money haha, it'll be all gone for Moonlighter/Dead Cells probably so I'll need to hope that I'll have enough leftover T-T/ )

Nonetheless thank you Seems to be a very excellent game nonetheless

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

Mm, I'll keep an eye on VA-11. I looked at some gameplay and I was like "what the hell is this". But if it's good, it's good, so I'll remember it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@link3710 Yeah, that's a good point about Mario Kart - a 'deluxe port' wouldn't step on the toes of a new racer in the same way MK9 probably would've done...like you, I'll be keeping my expectations in check for the time being - but, in many ways, the rumour would seem to 'add up' - so I'm hopeful!

I think it'd be great to have some of the F-Zero cast in the game as well (particularly as, if Star Fox GP is real, it'll likely mean that there won't be an F-Zero game on the horizon any time soon ) ..those characters would certainly fit the game - either as playable characters, or bosses perhaps? (for DKR-style boss races) ..and Samus too, with a specially-modified 'race ready' model of her gunship! ..I also loved the idea (in the above video) that Revali from Breath of the Wild could make an appearance - and have some banter with Falco about being 'brothers from another mother!' ..the possibilities are endless!

E3 is less than a month away now - so not long until we find out one way or another! **fingers crossed!**

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

I got official response from Nintendo that updates can't be shared from 1 sd card.

I hope they change that in future updates. If not I will wait for hacks.

One saving grace is if I can make local update share between 2 switched but with only one cartridge. But I am 99% it will not work with only one cartridge.

Pazzo-TheFool

I'll believe the Star Fox rumor when I see it. It might be a fun game, but it has to compete with MOTHER 3 for that part of the year.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Ralizah

Hey guys. letsgopikachu.com is live! Check it out.

Edited on by Ralizah

link3710

@Ralizah I had a feeling that was a fake domain. Can't remember what the real one is though honestly.

link3710

Aozz101x

@link3710 pokemonletsgopikachu.com, Pokemonletsgoeevee.com
unless you were joking.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic