Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,421 to 28,440 of 69,989

EvilLucario

@DarthNocturnal Absolutely. It'll be Game of the Year all year, every year.

The only game that can compete is SUPAH MARIO BROTHERS TWO

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

OorWullie

Well it says Fire Emblem: Memories is being made by 'Intelligent System' rather than Intelligent Systems. I doubt there would be typos on an official list.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Aozz101x

wow... were getting Layton Mystery Journey on Switch in Japan.
https://nintendoeverything.com/level-5-announces-laytons-myst...

also Okami has a release date
https://nintendoeverything.com/okami-hd-launches-for-switch-o...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Therad

Harmonie wrote:

It seems a bit wild to release Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, AND Animal Crossing all in the last half of one year. However, Nintendo really wants to push systems, and that's how you push systems. If I hadn't been gifted a Switch, I most certainly would have been working toward getting one after I saw those three coming out.

It certainly would make me tone down the complaining about the Switch being a Wii U port console, too. They NEED major NEW first party titles like that. We just haven't seen many at all. It is time.

I think animal crossing is a safer bet than pokemon for 2018. They said they wanted to use mobile to have a connection to their consoles. So far, all mobile games have had a game in the same franchise shortly after. Fire emblem heroes/warriors, super Mario Odyssey/run.

If they will keep up with this is anyone's guess. But it sounds like a good strategy to drum up interest with a snack and then release the entire meal.

Therad

JaxonH

Had to order Little Nightmares from Amazon France. No physical release in NA, and U.K. was sold out.

Thankfully they had it for €27 which was super cheap. Only $36 shipped to the US. Bout as cheap as it would have been here, even after GCU discount.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I just noticed South Park is on sale at BB. Hope it's still on sale tomorrow as I'll pick it up. I know it's buggy and game breaking at that but I can wait to play it till they fix it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Y'know, upon re-thinking about it, both of the major rumors do make a bit of sense.

The Star Fox one is a bit harder to explain, but my assumption is that it's because Star Fox Zero was a big Miyamoto project and had Platinum Games. Between that and the rebooted story, it feels like it was supposed to be fresh start for the series, so it would make sense to have someone else make a spinoff game to continue the momentum it would've had. Yes, even as a fan, the idea of Star Fox Zero propelling Star Fox back into being a potentially huge franchise is hilarious in hindsight, but they made some weird 3d anime thing for it, among other things. They saw a lot of potential in it, clearly. So this is when development before everyone realized Zero would bomb.

Pokemon is far more obvious. It took me a bit, but it's just a less expected remake. They can do a simpler world, with the 3DS game assets and some weird takes on nostalgia, while the main team still works on the real Gen 8 games. I don't like the idea of them HAVING to put out a new Pokemon RPG like this every year, but it's otherwise a reasonably good idea.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Therad

Deku-Scrub wrote:

FragRed wrote:

Sooo... this just happened. What does everyone think? Real or fake?

https://twitter.com/TheExceptionalD/status/996451631452643329

I desperately want that Yoshi game to be called "Yoshi's Flipping Island" now.

This is why we know it is a fake. It is calledb"Yoshi don't give a flipping f***", Nintendo are trying to capture the edgy hardcore gamers. The dlc is called "Yoshi flippin' the bird" and features birdo.

Therad

Grumblevolcano

I've thought of another possibility regarding Star Fox, what if maybe it's taking the Zero + Guard route where both a main game and a spinoff come at the same time where Grand Prix is the spinoff. The main game being either a new game or an enhanced port of Zero with normal controls and 64 style online multiplayer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Based on the rumours, the racing game seems to be a bigger and better than than SFZ ever was or ever could be. I'm not sure which one would be the spin-off in that case

Octane

FragRed

@Octane The Star Fox game sounds like something Nintendo slapped together and handed to Retro in a desperate attempt to get something out the door quickly after whatever Retro were working on went into development hell. They have the Mario Kart engine, they have Star Fox Zero assets, all they need is some basic storyline they can stretch out between various races and they are good to go. I don't expect this to be anything exciting in gameplay or story departments.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Aozz101x

@Grumblevolcano wouldn't be surprise.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

electrolite77

@IceClimbers

They'd cannibalise each other to a degree but some of the games I've got on my list aren't big hitters anyway.

(Nintendo geek hat on) Plus there is precedent for Nintendo releasing 7/8 games in 5 months. PAL N64 in late 1997, Gamecube late 2005, 3DS in late 2015. The current March-July schedule for example (Kirkby, Labo 1, Labo 2, DKC TF, Hyrule Warriors, Sushi Strikers, Mario Tennis, Captain Toad same day as Octopath).

I see the second half of this year as absolutely pivotal. No room for skimping. They can do that in early 2019 if they want.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

NaviAndMii

After listening to GameXplain's Star Fox GP Discussion, I've decided that I really want NEED this game in my life!

A cross between F-Zero and Diddy Kong Racing? Yes please!
Fast paced racing, with weapons? Yes please!
Adventure mode? Yes please!
Slippy Toad?
Revali as a playable character? Yes please!
A taunt button?! Yes please!

...obviously, just pure speculation - but it really got the ol' synapses firing thinking of the possibilities - and I'm starting to really love the idea!

In Retro, we trust!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

OorWullie

I so want Starfox Grand Prix to be real and hopefully be a 2018 title. With Mario Kart for this gen being a port it makes sense for them to give us a new style of racer. It also means the chances of us getting a new Mario Kart this gen are even slimmer than before but that's fine by me. They can have a new Kart ready for the start of next gen which should be a big leap graphically over 8.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

jump

Retro working on a racing game would make sense as Ninty got them to help out making Mario Kart 7.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SuperJoon

Therad wrote:

Deku-Scrub wrote:

FragRed wrote:

Sooo... this just happened. What does everyone think? Real or fake?

https://twitter.com/TheExceptionalD/status/996451631452643329

I desperately want that Yoshi game to be called "Yoshi's Flipping Island" now.

This is why we know it is a fake. It is calledb"Yoshi don't give a flipping f***", Nintendo are trying to capture the edgy hardcore gamers. The dlc is called "Yoshi flippin' the bird" and features birdo.

Fallout 3 Anniversary.... Don't play with my heart like this...

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

StuTwo

Spanjard wrote:

F-Zero Sex. Best name. Totally credible.

Whatever they call it it better be better than sex.

Let’s face it - GX wasn’t far off...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic