Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 27,541 to 27,560 of 69,962

JaxonH

Actually, I do have to agree with Yummy here.

Whatever their reasons for removing it, I do think it's senseless. But the net result has little to no effect on the end-user. People have had four years to go buy that game for 20 bucks. If they haven't bought it for 20 bucks yet, I seriously doubt they were going to go buy it for 20 bucks now. But as they say, people just want what they can't have. Or more specifically, like to complain about what they don't have, even if they don't really want it.

I actually kinda chuckled, just because it ticks off the price warriors crusading around Reddit trying to persuade the masses they're stupid for being interested in the game. As if it's not enough for them to buy or not buy what they want with their own money, they're hell bent on campaigning around the Internet in some vein attempt at sewing discontent to see the game fail, regularly parroting how the game will "soon drop price because nobody is going to buy it". Told em, take a look at the top sellers list homie.

I watched this extraordinary game get slandered once before... I'd be lying if I said I didn't take just a little pleasure in seeing this second attempt fall flat on its butt.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Dare I say that Avatar is....Funky.

But yeah, this is a two way thing of "Okay, why does this annoy you" and "Okay, why is this even relevant in the current market"?

Honestly if all these Wii U people would have shouted about how great and worth buying these games are on the original system when it mattered, maybe we would be in a different place.

But these Wii U owners have suddenly risen from the dead when you insult their baby. 16 months after being discontinued, and they STILL moan about it.

Know what else is funny? The way everyone talks about this game as if it's solid gold, it sure sounds worth $60.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

-Green-

Give it a few years and none of this will even matter.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

RR529

Naruto trilogy and South Park continue to climb in the US eShop charts.

South Park is now at 10 (it was 15 yesterday), and Naruto is now at 4 (a few spots higher than it was yesterday).

EDIT: South Park will probably be my next game (once I finally finish Atelier...), but man does Naruto look dope (I'm not even that big a fan of the show, but these games look fantastic, which is even more impressive considering they're last gen ports).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
This video really brings to light the totality of the hatred toward the game in its initial runup to release. It's a good watch

@RR529
That's great news. Perhaps the awareness was so low, it took a few days after launch for word to spread these games were actually out. Getting visibility in the top sellers list is crucial for a game to really pick up momentum on Switch. If you don't make it in that list your visibility is shot within a week. And even during that week in the recent releases section, some of these games are down far enough that many people might not even see them.

That's good stuff. Surprising seeing Naruto do so well. Bandai Namco games are consistently doing well. That's good. I think it'll mean long-term support from them, with more diversity. Ubisoft too. If South Park could at least, at least manage 250k as a late port full price without Stick of Truth, I'd say that's respectable next to the 1.2m on PS4. Might be even more respectable compared to X1 sales. If they could manage to do 500k though? As a late port without the included game... that would be fantastic. I'm not confident it can do that but we'll see. It is climbing

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

And here we see why big sites like Kotaku shouldn't have reported on that "Reveal" from certain circles last week regarding Switch and some pins.

It has begun.

Honestly, the paid online cant come soon enough. As soon as you're paying for it, it should cut down on these shenanigans. Thankfully they dont seem to be able to modify the match, but they can certainly modify the game already.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Honestly if all these Wii U people would have shouted about how great and worth buying these games are on the original system when it mattered, maybe we would be in a different place.

But these Wii U owners have suddenly risen from the dead when you insult their baby. 16 months after being discontinued, and they STILL moan about it.

That's because all those Wii U owners were too busy dismissing any game that wasn't a system seller that would "save" the Wii U, completely ignoring the fact that building up and fleshing out a quality library is just as important.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Therad

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Regarding DKC TF on Wii U removal (In the US):

1 - Realistically, why is this a big deal? You can redownload it if you already bought it, and how is this "A slap in the face to Wii U owners" when all 13.5m of you had 4 years to jump on this game, nearly 2 years at budget price? If you didn't do it back then, what's going to make you jump on it now?

2 - Also realistically, why is this a big deal? The system is dead. They haven't made any new units since January 31st 2017. The news that DKCTF is coming to Switch for $60 surrounded by Wii U owners saying "But its $20 on Wii U" is not going to suddenly make someone buy a Wii U (Somehow), and grab DKCTF there for the sake of $40.

Removing DK: TF right before the launch of it on switch and nothing else makes it pretty obvious why they did it. It is a [removed] move, plain and simple.

You should always call out shady business practices when you see them. Regardless if it is loot boxes, killing of the online in online games or trying to sell stuff as dlc that previously was a core feature.

Edited on by Octane

Therad

Octane

Let's be honest, if this was EA, they would've been ripped apart and every major news outlet would talk about it. If it wasn't a big deal, you can also ask yourself why they wouldn't have left it on the eShop. It all seems a bit shady to me.

Octane

Therad

To be fair, it might be a mistake.

But we shouldn't have to apologise for companies. Just because something makes good business sense, it shouldn't be tolerated.

It is the same thing with the online stuff, just because Nintendo's online is cheaper doesn't mean it is a good practice. If they cut off access to Splatoon, mk8 etc, without fixing the connectivity issues, it is essentially a racketeering scheme.

Therad

GrailUK

I'm sure this affects very few people. Hardly a [removed] move.

Edited on by Octane

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Therad

GrailUK wrote:

That is such an odd stance to have. If you apply that to other things do you feel the same? For example if someone cuts before you in line, you wouldn't call that a [removed] move because it only affects you?

Why do it all if it only affects a few?

If they start doing it on a widespread basis, do you think it is good a good business practice?

Edited on by Octane

Therad

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal The main issue Tropical Freeze faced was the fact it wasn't Metroid Prime 4 instead. Reggie's VGX appearance didn't help either when he wore a Metroid pin but it turned out the Nintendo announcement of the show was Cranky Kong for Tropical Freeze.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Therad I think it is bad business practice to encourage people to invest in discontinued and unsupported hardware with zero future potential for growth.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

toiletduck

GrailUK wrote:

I'm pretty sure it affects very few people as well. The small group of people owning a Wii U and willing to buy this for the first time, can probably get it at 20 bucks pre-owned or retail anyways. I think the biggest target audience of DKTF Wii U consists of people who recently bought a second hand Wii U.

Question remains: if the impact is so low, why would Nintendo do this? It's only bad press right? Hardly any positive business impact?

@JaxonH Oke so after all your propaganda I've decided to pre-order the game. You know I'll never listen to you again if I don't like it eh?

I've pre-ordered the game for €52 here. That's €8 and ~15% cheaper than digital. I can't get myself to buy digitial if the price gap is that big...

Edited on by Octane

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Octane

@toiletduck Still not as bad as some AAA games these days. Breath of the Wild and last year's COD were €70 in the digital stores, but physical copies were around €54-58 in retail stores. I got BOTW for €52 at launch, I saved myself €18 by going physical!

Octane

gcunit

@toiletduck I'm not dissing JaxonH here, but he's played that game for hundreds of hours. Clearly he loves it and fair play to that. But he teared up when it was announced for Wii U. Ergo, his perspective on the game is a bit of an outlier.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Hey, i saw you oftenly on my Switch (playing FIFA 18).
But why don't you join in Portal Knights ?
I'm already Lv 30 (Mximum level) in Portal Knights, maybe i want to join in your server.

Anti-Matter

Therad

GrailUK wrote:

@Therad I think it is bad business practice to encourage people to invest in discontinued and unsupported hardware with zero future potential for growth.

It has nothing to do with that. No one would suddenly buy a Wii u to get DK at a discounted price. So there is no encouragement. The ones affected are those that might want to buy DK now (because of the new hype) and owns a Wii u. It is blocking a few people to buy it cheaper and as you yourself said, not many. So it is a total [removed] move against those that feel it is to expensive. It is anti-consumer practice.

Overall I think console owners are turning a blind eye to their company's practices.

Online sub is a fine example of this. You are giving up a game a year to get... a game or two that you appearantly didn't want the first time, or have already bought. I see PS4 owners claiming how good it is, the same owners that previously berated Xbox owners about it. It hasn't become a better deal because it is on PS4. Or because it is Nintendo doing it.

Edited on by Octane

Therad

Therad

Octane wrote:

@toiletduck Still not as bad as some AAA games these days. Breath of the Wild and last year's COD were €70 in the digital stores, but physical copies were around €54-58 in retail stores. I got BOTW for €52 at launch, I saved myself €18 by going physical!

Plus you don't have to buy expensive SD cards.

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic