Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,861 to 22,880 of 69,995

Ralizah

So apparently Kirby: Star Allies has a demo, but I don't see one available in the eshop...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Captain_Toad

@MsJubilee Heh, since that direct was announced (sort of) out of nowhere and is a mini. Expectations was supposed to be tempered.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

RR529

@Ralizah, the Demo is for the new 3DS Kirby game, Battle Royale.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Farmboy74

@Ralizah, I’d imagine Dark Souls 1 & 2 would be possible on Switch as there both PS3 & 360 games while 3 is on PS4 and XB1, but with Doom already on Switch and Wolfenstein 2 coming to Switch you never know.

Or if your talking sales wise, well it’s a series that’s never appeared on Nintendo hardware, i’d Imagine they’ll be demand from people who have only owned Nintendo hardware, demand for people who want portability and then people like me who have had the chance to buy and play the game but never got round to it!

Farmboy74

link3710

@Farmboy74 Actually, this game is confirmed running in Dark Souls 3's engine, so all three games are now in the running for Switch releases.

link3710

DarkRula

I spent more than an hour on that Dragon Quest Builders demo, and I'm happy it became available, as that's one more game I know I'll be getting this year.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Azooooz

@Octane The thread creator seemed to not care about it anymore. I'm willing to provide news updates about this game. A MOBA game on the Switch? you can count me in.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Farmboy74

@link3710, with that being the case, I wonder if Namco Bandai and From Software are going to see how well the first Dark Souls sells.

Farmboy74

Octane

@Azooooz Well you can just post it in the thread. I cannot give you the rights to edit posts, I don't even think that exists. Barely anyone reads the OP if there's more than one page anyway.

Octane

Farmboy74

@DarkRula, Dragon Quest Builders on PS4 was a very good experience if you wanted minecraft to get blended with a JRPG. The only thing that anoyed me on that version was that Square had mapped the jump button to O when X would have felt more natural.
Downloaded the demo and wondering to see how it runs compared to the PS4 version.

Farmboy74

EvilLucario

Pretty decent Nintendo Direct. They didn't show much beyond June, so I'm assuming it's June and beyond that will be shown off more during E3.

My only disappointment is no Wolfenstein II footage or information. I'm really interested to see how that turns out.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DarkRula

@Farmboy74 I would say it's pretty much the same experience. I didn't notice any frame drops or anything. However, the Switch version might be more to your taste for it's control scheme. The jump is on B [which is where X is on a PS controller], with Y for attacking, X for placing, and A for menu and other operations.

DarkRula

Farmboy74

@DarkRula, That all sounds good to me, can’t wait to try the demo out later on.

Farmboy74

Roamer

The only prob I’m having with the Dragon Quest Builder demo is manoeuvring to get the placement Square I want. Maybe I’m missing something.

Btw how big can you build in this game? Is it almost infinite like Minecraft? Can you build a city?

Edit: oh yeah, and what’s the restriction with this demo?

Edited on by Roamer

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

DarkRula

@Roamer If you need a bit more accuracy when building, you can hold one of the shoulder buttons to lock to just four directions and stay the way you face. Since those buttons are also the level options, let go of it to place before moving on.
As for the other things, I highly doubt this is going to be as big as Minecraft. For instance, building roofs isn't advised, as the camera struggles in closed spaces. No doubt there will be a way around that in the final game, considering there are roof blocks seen in some of the screenshots around.
There's no time or play limit on the demo, but the story elements come to a close once you place the teleporter.

DarkRula

Roamer

Thanks @DarkRula ! A pretty good demo then! I’m enjoying it. The blueprint feature is fun. It’d be great if you could create blueprints and make them available to other players. Maybe you can, on the PC anyway?

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

Farmboy74

@Roamer, On the full PS4 release there is a free build mode, that is separate to the main campaign in which you can build more freely. The only catch if I remember right is that you have to play the main RPG campaign to unlock some of the building recipes.

Farmboy74

ThomGee

Ow, my wallet hurts. I still have games to buy from 2017 and now Nintendo gives us this! Will Nintendo ever let me keep my money for more than three seconds?

Anyways, I was very happy about the Direct simply because I didn't expect it and had lowered my expectations. I'm that person who missed a lot of Wii U's gems despite owning one, so Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors are as good as new games to me. Kirby looks excellent and I was uninterested in Mario Tennis until they announced the story mode. It actually looks really good. And can we take a minute to appreciate that Dark Souls, freaking Dark Souls, is coming to a Nintendo platform?

Overall, the Direct did its job, and now Nintendo's first half of 2018 looks a lot less barebones. I expect E3 to be a lot better than this Direct, though. Give me Smash Bros. and Mario Maker. I need them.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

OorWullie

The fact Wolfenstein 2, Project Octopath, Outlast 1&2,Layers of Fear etc.. never featured at all in this Direct tells me we're not going to be waiting long for another. Surely they'll want to show some of these off. Project Octopath especially since it's a Switch exclusive.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic