Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,861 to 22,880 of 37,765

Grumblevolcano

@Xyphon22 If you have a Nintendo Account (this is different from Nintendo Network ID [NNID]), you can merge your NNID with your Nintendo Account and then the eshop funds can be used on all 3 systems (3DS, Wii U, Switch).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Xyphon22

Sorry, now I'm more confused. @YummyHappyPills Are you saying if I put the funds on the Wii U and then hook up my Switch, the funds will all transfer to the Switch and I will have $0 left on the Wii U? But I can stop this by having a Nintendo Account according to @Grumblevolcano ? While I probably do, how do I know if I have a Nintendo Account separate from my NNID? Sorry if this should be obvious.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Spoony_Tech

@Xyphon22 It's like Grumble said. I can use it across all my systems. 3ds, Wii U, and Switch.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pazzo-ZaFool

If there needs to be a trophy system, do it like how the 3DS Streetpass Plaza did it; non intrusive, only shows up when you go to the main menu. Steam does an alright job with its system, but I'm not a huge fan of getting trashed in Darkest Dungeon and seeing "Congrads!" in the bottom corner. No deal breaker, but something to consider.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Knuckles-Fajita

@Xyphon22 When i merged my funds, it told me theyd move permanently to switch only

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Caldorosso-E What system/digital distributor doesn't have an option to turn them off? I think all of them do.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Xyphon22 Back in February 2016, Nintendo allowed creation of a Nintendo Account ready for when Miitomo and My Nintendo were to be released in March 2016. You could associate a NNID with that Nintendo Account so you could get the discounts associated with My Nintendo. When the Switch came out in March this year, the Nintendo Account gave you the option to merge your Wii U and 3DS funds with your Switch funds to have everything in one place. Once you've done the merge, you can spend the funds on any of the 3 platforms.

On another note, I have a January Direct prediction. The first trailer for the new Fire Emblem game will be revealed along with amiibo announced for some more fan favourite characters like Tharja and Camilla.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Xyphon22 I still buy things on my 3DS using the same funds as on Switch, and it should work for Wii U too I'd presume.

link3710

Ralizah

Didn't see this posted yet.

I know it's harder for indies to get noticed on Steam than on the Nintendo eshop, but that's still pretty crazy.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Agreed on that. Fire Emblem getting a proper unveiling as one of the spotlighted games seems like a safe bet.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@Ralizah Steam gets several thousands of games each year, most of it is crap and it buries the good games rather quickly.

Octane

KirbyTheVampire

No better place to find a flood of the most low quality games in the industry than Steam.

KirbyTheVampire

Ralizah

I miss when Valve was actively gatekeeping what released on its platform. It used to mean something for a game to get a Steam release. Now all of the good games are buried under piles of open-access rubbish and meme games.

Jim Sterling (GAG) actually got a statement from the creator of Blossom Tales on this matter for a recent video.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

-Green-

Isn't Nintendo basically allowing anyone to release games on their E-Shop now anyways?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

When the eshop is stuffed with early-access and microtransaction-ridden garbage, we can talk. Right now, there's just Mujo.

Ralizah

Xyphon22

Great, thanks everyone. I'll just go ahead and put the funds on my Wii U and assume I have a Nintendo Account and everything will work out, since I have used My Nintendo awards and Miitomo and everything successfully.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Spanjard

Bravely co-op?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

They're currently working on Octopath Traveller (which I sincerely hope sells incredibly well like the first Bravely Default game did). But it's possible they have outsourced to another studio to port Bravely Default and Second as an HD Collection.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Tsurii

I've been interested in Bravely but I never got around to buying the game/s, or even playing the demos (I have them sitting on my N2DS as well, geeze)

Would definitely get those on Switch. What little I saw of the Art in the game is beautiful and that in HD seems like a lovely idea to me. Really great backgrounds n stuff

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic