Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,081 to 20,100 of 70,011

gcunit

For the advert spotters/deniers among us, I just saw an Amazon, Christmas shopping themed, ad, that featured some Star Wars LEGO, some 'Fur Real Tiger' thing, and the Switch.

And I've just seen it again in the next ad break as I type.

Switch is legit. Fur Real bruh.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Spoony_Tech

@UmniKnight I would assume it's for the same reason I would say the same thing. Zelda is more interesting to me the Fire Emblem. I like the main games but I don't need to play as the characters in a warriors game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

gcunit

@Dev Surely it's Skyward Sword HD.

Angelic_Lapras_King

@IceClimbers Even if it would just all the Champions, a BOTW Link and maybe Zelda and a stage or 2, that would more then warrant a Switch port. After all, they're not waiting for FEW to sell tons with the ports already coming and hey, acts as something to kill the time while we wait for the next Zelda......and the next Nintendo themed warriors game (Kid Icarus Skyworld Warriors please! X3)

Angelic_Lapras_King

Ralizah

@UmniKnight Just in general, I'm more of a Zelda fan. But I'm also not a huge fan of the fact that almost everyone in FE Warriors is either from Awakening or Fates (aside from Lyndis, who was a great addition). And FE Warriors will have DLC, whereas a complete version of HW on Switch would be... well, complete.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NaviAndMii

Dev wrote:

Grezzo is recruiting

Genuinely read that as 'Grizzco is recruiting' - and it made me think of salmon.. #WhenSplatoon2TakesOverYourLife

Untitled

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@DiscoGentleman How does FEW run when being playing the Switch as a handheld? You can only opt for 60fps when it's docked, right?

Edited on by Ralizah

gcunit

@MegaTen Oh yeah, Grezzo did the 3DS Zeldas, not the Wii U Zeldas.

Yeh, they're gone shove some 2D at us.

Edit: HD OoT? Ooooh 😮

Edited on by gcunit

Ralizah

A remake of Super Mario 64 in HD with a decent in-game camera and manageable physics would be fun.

IceClimbers

Clearly, it's for Ever Oasis 2

Or maybe they've been handed Golden Sun? I mean, I don't think Camelot wants anything to do with it anymore, so why not?

@gcunit The Switch is in Best Buy's Christmas ad too!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Grizzo made Ever Oasis as their own original IP, and I can't help but wonder if that game will get a sequel. Did they say they were hiring to make a "legend" again? If so it's probably Skyward Sword.

@Ralizah
Miamoto basically confirmed no remake of Mario 64. He wants to see that game (and other classics) "ported" (guessing he means VC) so they can focus on making new software for Switch.

And FE Warriors runs about as perfect as a game can run. In docked it's either 1080p/30fps or 720p/60fps, but it's so smooth in 1080p/30fps I can't even tell a difference and leave it on that because the resolution is so good.

Handheld is 720p/30fps but it's comparable to the 1080p/30fps docked it runs so smooth. Even co-op runs smooth (it was a downgraded slideshow in Hyrule Warriors)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

@UmniKnight
On the previous conversation, you forget that Nintendo stretched themselves across two platforms. They only won in one space. Sony was the same. For Nintendo to dominate in the home console space again they needed to change that.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MFD

@skywake As I've said, if it's a combined architecture that can run the games, no matter what form the hardware takes, then I do not see the problem on that front.

MFD

Lethal

Picked up another Switch today and grabbed Mario Odyssey. And like others said, I was able to download all my digital games again.

Odyssey is really good! I am very surprised by how nice it looks.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Angelic_Lapras_King

Ralizah wrote:

@UmniKnight Just in general, I'm more of a Zelda fan. But I'm also not a huge fan of the fact that almost everyone in FE Warriors is either from Awakening or Fates (aside from Lyndis, who was a great addition). And FE Warriors will have DLC, whereas a complete version of HW on Switch would be... well, complete.

And how do you know that the Switch version won't have yet another Season Pass? I'm sure they can dig into the obscure characters of BOTW for that one.

And yes, its a pity FEW only focuses on the recenter games but I still enjoy it.

Angelic_Lapras_King

MFD

That whole character debate when it comes to FE:W is quite the thing alright. All in all though, I can safely say that Koei Tecmo skipped corners, so I'm not too sure that you're missing much not having a beloved character be in here. People would just whine about them not being done justice instead eye roll

MFD

Grumblevolcano

It would be simple to create a 3rd season pass for Hyrule Warriors (each pack comes with characters, weapons, outfits and an adventure map):

• BotW Master Trials
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Oracle of Ages/Seasons
  • NES/SNES

Meanwhile the main game adds:

• BotW Link
  • BotW Zelda
  • The 4 champions (or their relatives)
  • Groose
  • A BotW story like how there was one for Wind Waker in Legends
  • A BotW adventure map

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Therad

Agriculture wrote:

What do you think will happen if they add some multipurpose to the Switch? Browser, Netflix/HBO and perhaps something else.

The WiiU showed that it's not enough to solely rely on 25+ year old Nintendo fans.

Nothing will happen if they only add those. It is impossible for Nintendo to ever catch up.

No, the Wii U didn't show that all. The Wii u didn't have one problem, it had multiple smaller problems that amounted to a perfect storm which drove away all demographics.

One demographic they are doing well in are among the PC master race. I can't even remember a time where they actually talked positive on a console.

Therad

Therad

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Grumblevolcano

Don't we already have OoT stuff? Why not Four Swords/ Minish Cap? Get Vaati in there.

EDIT: And give Toon Link the Four Sword. That thing was made for over-the-top screen-filling attacks.

I could dig a "minish cap between worlds".

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic