Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,101 to 20,120 of 22,299

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah I think I'm more shocked that Nintendo is leading the charge. I mean I knew Zelda was big....but wow Zelda is huge. And Mario looks like more of the same. So many wonderful time sinks!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Operative2-0

Can't believe it's already almost been a year since the Switch was first revealed to the world

Operative2-0

KirbyTheVampire

Operative2-0 wrote:

Can't believe it's already almost been a year since the Switch was first revealed to the world

I remember that like it was yesterday. Quite a big shift for me to have gone from not following or caring about Nintendo at all, to finding the Switch reveal trailer on YouTube, and then suddenly following all the Switch news and rumors and counting down the days until it launched, lol.

Not that I stopped liking Nintendo in general, I just really, really didn't care for the Wii U. In my opinion, it had quite an underwhelming library.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

So it seems there's a slight chance Crash Bandicoot Insane Trilogy could be coming to Switch. It could just be a mistake but after the whole Xbox one fiasco and seeing the buttons in the screenshots, and given they never really went out of their way to say it was going to be an exclusive forever... I think this could definitely be legit and really fits the bill of the type of game Activision would want to bring to the system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/76tmx2/crash...

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

Makes sense as Crash would do really well on the Switch even though a good deal of Nintendo fans probably never experienced it. I would get it for the kids as I personally never need to play them again. Was never the biggest fan of them.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

The Crash games don't look like my thing at all, but it would be cool to have them on the system.

KirbyTheVampire

Dev

It's more than likely just a mistake, but Vicarious Visions DID make the Crash Bandicoot games on GBA and there were Crash games on GameCube and Wii, so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Formely NintyFan.
Nintendo Switch username: devcat

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama Nintendo really is leaping into the deep end with its embrace of open world game design. Mario will definitely be a much more explicitly designed game than BotW was, but the amount of openness within it is still pretty unprecedented.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Octane

@JaxonH Crash isn't a PS4 exclusive, so a port to other consoles is expected.

Octane

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Violett Trailer - Nintendo Switch

"Dragged by her parents, a young and rebellious teenage girl – Violett, moves to an old spooky house in the middle of nowhere. Forced away from her friends and life in the city; she imagines how boring life in countryside will be: spending day after day, bored in her room with absolutely nothing to do. But what she cannot imagine, is that in just few moments, she'll have the adventure of her life."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLFSFDBRXO0

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

rallydefault

I think Crash Trilogy would sell better on the Switch than it did on PS4. Honestly.

rallydefault

antster1983

Sony Music Entertainment of Japan have created a new label to publish indie games.

Untitled

The new label is called "Unties", and the press release says they aim to "dig up the masterpieces buried" in the current avalanche of indie titles "and support them so that more users notice and pick them up". The name comes from the idea of unrestraining "the excellent talents of unique game creators all over the world, setting creators free from the various shackles of game publishing, named from the intention of realizing publishing that is freedom of production without restraints".

Unties will publish games on multiple platforms. Their first release will be the Advance Wars-esque "Tiny Metal", which will be released worldwide on Switch, PS4 and PC on 21st November.

https://www.sme.co.jp/s/SME/pressrelease/detail/NEWS00770?ima... (in Japanese)

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

antster1983

Just when you though game titles couldn't get ridiculous, along comes "Heroes of the Monkey Tavern", a first-person dungeon crawler previously released on PS4 and PC. Now listed on the NA eShop for 7th November. Here's the description...

After countless days and nights celebrating within the infamous Monkey Tavern, our team of adventurers have spent every last penny… Their fates, however are about to change…

Like a gift from the gods, in walks a mysterious stranger who points them towards a high tower full of invaluable treasures.

It doesn’t take much more to rouse their thirst for adventure.

You will enjoy exploring a dungeon full of riddles, dangerous enemies and vicious traps.
And if luck favours…you will discover secret passages sheltering legendary weapons and armours.

Key Features:
– Dungeon exploration in grid-base movement
– 8 classes
– 3 difficulty levels
– 2 hours of intense music
– Static real time fights
– 22 different enemies, including 6 bosses
– Numerous traps and secrets
– More than 100 unique items

And of course, here's a trailer (most likely of the PS4/PC version, but you get an idea of the game from it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvGEiPJ0sI

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Octane

@rallydefault More than a few million? I'm doubtful. Crash is one of the better selling PS4 games this year, it even topped the UK charts for several weeks and it can still be found in the weekly best sellers lists. Crash is big in Europe. Not so much in the US, and Japan doesn't care about Crash at all. Meanwhile Europe is Nintendo's smallest market... so I can't see that happening.

Octane

electrolite77

@JaxonH

I'm expecting a port of Assassins Creed Rogue. From what I've heard it deserves a bigger audience.

Edited on by electrolite77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

DarthNocturnal

@electrolite77

I'm not sure what Ubisoft's plans are for the next 3 new AC games (well, the 2 after Origins), but after remastering the Ezio games for 2016, I could see them doing a “New World Collection“ for 2018, with a remaster of 3, Rogue, and Liberation HD (maybe throw in current-gen versions of IV).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

NaviAndMii

I'd buy the Ezio Collection in a heartbeat if they ported it to Switch! ..Brotherhood is by far and away my favourite AC game - but I never played II or Revelations - so having the complete set on Switch would be the perfect excuse to replay one of my favourite games and finally experience its prequel and sequel as well! Make it happen, Ubi!

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal I agree, Unity taught Ubisoft the lesson to give extra time for new releases so filling in the gaps with remasters so that all Assassin's Creed games are playable on current gen makes sense.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snaplocket

@Octane Crash is actually pretty huge in Japan. there was even a manga about it published.

Snaplocket

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic