Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,101 to 20,120 of 31,619

Ryu_Niiyama

@OorWullie HAHA I literally just found it. I like the fact that they are leaving behind their proprietary engine. makes it easier to toss games on everything. Within scaled reason of course. If they release it next year I will be there day one with a helmet on.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Pazzo-ZaFool

L.A. Noire and Mario this holiday for me. How about everyone else?

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

IceClimbers

SYSTEM UPDATE!

Gives these new features:

-Video capture for select games (compatible with Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, Splatoon 2 for now)
-Transfer user profiles and save data to another system
-Pre-purchase option for select games on the eShop
-New user icons based on Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda BotW

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryu_Niiyama

@Hieronymus-E Xenoblade will be my holiday game. Putting money to other endeavors at this point.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Damn, no FE Warriors icons. I was hoping for a Celica one.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano No Arms icons yet either. Oh, and still no Pearl and Marina icons either.

The new Zelda icons are the four Champions, Kass, and a Bokoblin.

But none of that matters because T-REX MARIO IS AN ICON!!!

Edited on by IceClimbers

IceClimbers

@Operative2-0 Yup. A long press on the capture button will make it record the previous 30 seconds of gameplay. The video clips can be edited from your album, including the ability to trim the video clips. You can also upload them to Twitter/Facebook. The album can now be filtered between videos and screenshots too.

Anyways, another feature was also added to where if you're in a local wireless group and one of your friends' game isn't updated, it can download the update locally from the other Switchs. Neat feature for those with bad internet.

link3710

Yes! Save data transfer is here! That'll end that (well-deserved) complaint. I wonder if they'll allow pre-purchase of any eshop only games? I imagine that's the only time I'd get use out of it, and even then most are too small for me to care.

link3710

JaxonH

Why are only 4 games supported? I mean, I'm not complaining, but it's really limiting only being able to capture video for 30 seconds. But I would be perfectly OK with it if I could do it for any game. That way if I did some red flying mantis tailspin and cut off a Rathian's tail in mid air, I could save the game play clip.

Why is there always strings attached for everything they do?

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

OorWullie

Just caught this before going to bed. Updating now!

Shame the video recording doesn't work for FIFA, could have started a best goals thread.

T-rex avatar activated. I'll sleep easy tonight knowing that.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

kkslider5552000

I realized a while ago that it's 2017, and for November, Nintendo is not releasing a major game and instead well known and advertised 3rd party games are consistently the focus for the big month in gaming.

This is officially the Bizarro Nintendo console.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

IceClimbers

@kkslider5552000 Yup, and there's been commercials for the Switch version of NBA 2K18 the past couple weeks. Seen that just as much as the commercials for FE Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey.

Haru17

The 30 second thing doesn't bother me as there isn't a game on Switch I would want to do extended capture of and 30 seconds is perfect for a gif. However, it should work for every game, the video quality is probably going to be awful, and the screenshots should support the docked native resolution of the game in whatever mode the system is currently in. The image compression on Switch is worse than even Facebook.

For the record, PS4 also has bad image compression and the share button is so much jankier to use than Switch's.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

ValhallaOutcast

@JaxonH should just need the other game publishers to allow it, the PS4 recording is blocked duing parts of games or menus, Im sure the Switch game will grow maybe just needs the permission from game publishers

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Knuckles-Fajita

Yeah this runs rings around PS4 Share, by miles. And @JaxonH I imagine 30 seconds is to do with Twitter, as PS4 share limits that to 15 seconds.

Plus, as stated by @Haru17 said, the compression and general quality on PS4 is....meh. Plus, PS4 can record from when you press the button, or for the past 15 minutes, and I don't know what determines which it does! With Switch, its the last 30 seconds no issue, easy to use, just like the editing tools.

The video quality on Switch is actually very good at 60fps. I imagine the reason only some games are supported, is again, look at PS4. "This scene is blocked from recording". If a publisher doesn't want parts of a game recorded, it doesn't happen. I imagine Nintendo has to talk it out on a game by game basis to see what is okay in the books of OTHER publishers.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

AlternateButtons

@BLP_Software Actually the capture is 30 FPS not 60.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Grumblevolcano

Alright so these are today's Switch updates:

• System update 4.0.0
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1.3.0
  • Joy-con update (both left and right)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Knuckles-Fajita

@AlternateButtons Ah. Ive captured Splatoon 2 at 30fps and it looked worse than that (Must just be my old capture device on that end). Either way, its still good quality for facebook and twitter, though their embeds externally are ugh.

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

JaxonH

@BLP_Software

It actually says "Many more games will be supported in the future" so I feel good about that. By the way that video looks fantastic.

I just want to know what's going on with the eshop preload? I checked and not a single game allows you to purchase in the coming soon section for preload.

@Grumblevolcano
Thanks for the heads up about the Joycon! I must have missed that. Do you know what it does?

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic