Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,281 to 19,300 of 70,113

Ralizah

I'm really eager to hear more about this game. I mean, the little tease was OK, but can we get actual gameplay footage, or a release window, or... something?

I could see this being Nocturne-esque, based on the footage.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

OorWullie

I've never played a SMT game before but I'll definitely be giving this one a go. I just don't like turn based battles, never have. Xenoblade's battle system I can handle as it's more loose. I'm not going to let that put me off though as I've always wanted to play a SMT game.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

SKTTR

Shin Megami Tensei? What is this? A new huge defining JRPG running on the Unreal engine coming out on a Nintendo home console outside of Japan for the first time ever?
You can count me in on that.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

FX102A

The Switch makes playing big adventure and RPG games a so much more enjoyable experience due to its hybrid nature.

Hopefully Xenoblade 2 will be completed by moi once SMTV is released over here.

Don't know bout Persona 5 though.

FX102A

Ralizah

@OorWullie SMT's press turn combat system is easily one of the best turn-based combat systems out there, as it emphasizes planning, strategy, and skill management over level grinding. Even if you don't usually like TBC, I think you'll be able to appreciate the genius of this system's design once you play one of these games.

Octane

Rumours were true after all. No surprise really after what happened to Disney Infinity and Skylanders.

Octane

SKTTR

New UK Switch boxart

Stern Pinball Arcade (System 3)
Untitled

Super Putty Squad (System 3)
Untitled

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Ralizah

Putty Squad is one of the most boring games I've ever played. Someone gifted a PS4 copy to me during a holiday. Bless their heart.

JaxonH

Nights of Azure 2 Collector Edition just arrived. Exact same size as the Disgaea 5 CE, and the hardcover artbook is the exact same size too. Makes for a wonderful matching set!

I like the game, it's a lot like Tales of Berseria, both in main character design and plot. The combat is similar to Fire Emblem Warriors combos, only a bit more rigid, and it's a JRPG obviously.

I haven't noticed anyone talking about this game. Wouldn't rate it above Odyssey or Fire Emblem Warriors, which are both in a league of their own, but for Jay RPG fans this is a solid release. Very story driven with lots of cut scenes. The women look like they forgot to put their clothes back on after trying on lingerie at Victoria Secrets, but that's a modern JRPG for ya.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH So I got that $100 Amazon gift for applying for a credit card. Used it for a 256gb micro and only ended up paying $32. I feel so much better about the whole situation now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech

Oh, I'm so glad to hear it! A 256gb is about as respectable as you can get without going full Daddy Warbucks on a 400gb.

That should ease your concerns. Now you can buy whatever game you want to buy without worrying about the space. Even if you bought every single physical release with a major download- NBA 2K18, WWE 2K18, Resident Evil Revelations Collection and DOOM, that would still be just 78gb (well, minus 3gb save file on internal storage for NBA, and this total is counting the large update patches which fixed NBA 2K as well).

My advice is leave the 25gb remaining internal storage for save files, screenshots and videos, and some free space since systems always run better with 10% free space on the drive which the OS is on. That means any space taken up by 3 GB save files will just automatically go on there and you won't have to worry about it being counted against your SD card space. Even if you bought every single game available with a large download you would still have 234gb usable space minus 78gb = 160gb. And even if a few more games came out next year and the year after that required large downloads you would still be able to make it until 2020, and that's if you were buying every last single one of them which you're probably not going to do.

But even in the off chance you did fill the card up eventually, by then 400gb cards will be $100-150 and you can upgrade. Heck they'll even have 512gb cards by then, maybe even 768gb cards.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

I'm going to buy a 128GB card the next time amazon has a sale on these, and that'll be enough for me. I'll just treat it like the PS4 where I delete games when I need room. No reason to horde data for games I'm done playing.

TuVictus

I'll only be buying a card for extra screenshot/video space. Until they do the proper account system I'll refrain from going digital. At least for retail games.

TuVictus

JaxonH

Who likes SNES Classics? Get em while they're hot people

https://m.gamestop.com/product/snes/consoles/super-nes-classi...

@Operative2-0

Um, there actually is a proper account system now. All your purchases are tied to your Nintendo Account and can be accessed on any system. Not at the same time, but the days of games being tied to hardware are long gone.

TuVictus

@JaxonH Yep, I know, but does it still not require a phone call to Nintendo?

TuVictus

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH It says unavailable online....

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

No, I mean, if you lose your Switch, don't you still need to contact Nintendo? If not, then nice. If so, then my point stands.

TuVictus

JaxonH

@Operative2-0

If you lose any system you'll likely need to call the console manufacturer. Otherwise somebody's going to be accessing your account.

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
Yikes that went quick! It was live when I posted. Holy moly.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic