Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,661 to 16,680 of 70,055

MFD

@PLATINUM7 Ahh I see. The FFXV, as I'd call it by that art-style, derp-edition. Also thanks for the heads-up.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

antster1983

Fire Emblem Warriors has a confirmed European release date for 3DS and Switch - 20th October 2017. Limited Edition sets (for Switch only) to include 3 soundtrack CDs and character cards.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

dew12333

European eShop on Nintendo Switch this week on Thursday August 24th 2017 - Pokken Tournament demo incoming!

dew12333

JaxonH

I don't care what version of FFXV comes to Switch. Even that pocket edition is the full game, art style aside.

I would definitely be ok with that. Sure, I think the original game looks better but, if I could play Final Fantasy XV on Switch, I wouldn't really care if the art style had to be changed to get it running.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH If the pocket edition is what we get, then the down-tuned controls and combat are also a part of that. It just looks to me like the rotten chicken bone that was left over after the real chicken was eaten.

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
It wasn't gonna come at all, as I recall.

Rotten chicken bone? I'm sorry but that sounds like console war nonsense. We weren't gonna get this game at all. Even if it's the pocket edition, that's certainly alot better than not getting it at all.

You don't have to play it. But I know I would.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH It's not console war nonsense, I mean look at the original, then look at that pocket edition. It feels like an insult to me.

"Gotta give em something, so here, take this mobile-game port. That should be good enough, right?"

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH @GrumbleVolcano So it turns out the Collection does have language settings, but only on the first menu.

It was set to the defaults, I had never even been in there. I went in and checked, none of the languages were highlighted. It was just as it came, when downloaded. Megaman 9 defaulted to Japanese...

So I hadn't selected a language. 9 defaulted to Japanese and the rest were English, but I never changed a setting...the game came with a glitch that made 9 Japanese even though the rest were English.

Oh Capcom...

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Farmboy74

Having watched the Final Fantasy Pocket Edition trailer, nah not buying that. If not a Final Fantasy remaster how about the World of Final Fantasy that released last year on PS4 & Vita?

Edited on by Farmboy74

Farmboy74

Nicolai

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Did you (or anybody really) see the eclipse today? I took off work to take pictures. I don't live in a totality zone but I was very pleased with what i saw.

I drove from Chicago down to Kentucky for the occasion. It was really somethin' special.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
feels like an insult to me

Perhaps pride has affected your judgement. In no way should getting a new game offend anyone.

If you choose to be offended by a less powerful system not getting the exact same games as systems 2, 3 times as powerful, it might be wise to not buy the less powerful system in the first place.

An insult? This is a gesture of good will. The guy who said FFXV will never come to Switch because it can't run on Switch, is now saying FFXV will, in some way, come to Switch.

If that offends you, it's by choice.

Grumblevolcano

I really doubt Nintendo's going to have no Switch games for November but what will it be? All that seems left are Xenoblade 2 or an unannounced game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThomGee

@Grumblevolcano I doubt anyone will need a November game between Mario Odyssey releasing and Fire Emblem Warriors releasing, but I do think Nintendo has something up their sleeve.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

MFD

@JaxonH Let's say I find that such a game does Switch a disservice, alright? The console is capable of so much more than that. (and it just doesn't look good imho. Have you seen Gladiolus' arms? A bowling pin, it looks ridiculous.)

@Grumblevolcano could be either of the 2 really, perhaps even both.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

MFD

@Nintendoer Oh trust me, there are some people with enough time on their hands.

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
No, I agree Gladiolus looks goofy. But even so, it's a good game. Sure, Switch could handle more. There's alot of games that aren't fully using it's power. But that's ok. If the full game can't run well it can't run well.

I mean, maybe it can. It's not like anything has been confirmed. But just sayin, Is rather get this than nothing. Thus would be an incredible release. Even if Glady looks goofy, it's still the same game. And maybe the combat won't have such crazy camera angles swinging all over the place.

It doesn't have to be a "Switch is a lesser system cause it didn't get the full regular game". It's a portable console, it's simply not going to be able to get alot of full, AAA titles. But that's ok. If they've found a way to get the game onto Switch, that's incredible! Chibi characters won't ruin the game. It's still the same game.

MFD

@JaxonH I'd have to see the game EXACTLY as it comes to Switch, because a mobile-port, it barely seems worth to even mention.

A portable console, yet not marketed as such, even if bought and largely seen as such. It all comes down to it's hybrid nature yet again. Power traded for handheld capabilities, and it's titles such as Portable Edition that one gets, instead of the actual game.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic