Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,641 to 16,660 of 69,981

Zyrac

@meleebrawler Inkay has one of those dumb evolution methods that will probably wind up getting an alternative at some point, like how they introduced an item to evolve Feebas once contest stats stopped being a thing.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@BLP_Software I'm not having this problem on XB1, all 4 games are in English.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano UK store, £11.99 by CE Europe. 7, 8 and 10 are English. But even the trailer on the page shows Dr. R symbols in the level, which is Dr. L in English.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@BLP_Software
Maybe you set it to JP?

I was playing MM9 just the other day and I don't recall seeing anything out of the ordinary. English menu, English robot masters...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH That's not an option in any of the menus. 7, 8 and 10 are all still English.

But the Steam trailer and PS4 store page trailer show the Dr. R symbol from the Japanese version of Megaman 9 as well.

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH @Grumblevolcano

Full disclosure.

This is the UK Version for £11.99 bought via the Playstation app. Megaman 7 and 8 use the retranslated Anniversary Collection scripts. All in English. Likewise Megaman 10 is english.

Megaman 9 uses the Dr. R logo instead of Dr. L, cutscenes are in Japanese, text on the save menu, shop, in game acheivement pop ups are all Japanese.

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Hey, glad you got some arcade time in. There is one near my day job but the night job prevents that so maybe someday for me. Until then I'll keep designing that MAME cabinet I'm going to break down and build next year. Yes SF has a loyal following for many of its iterations (which is why I sorta cringe when I hear non FG gamers try to drag capcom through the mud because they don't understand or respect how FG work) so I'm not surprised by the prominent location it had in the arcade you went to. Mention SF II, MVC2, Soul Calibur II and Tekken Tag Tournament and you will always find SOMEONE to play with. They are pillars and no matter how much other stuff you play many people go back to the gems. I personally insert VF but I literally met my first VF buddy in person last year...SEGA what are you doing to me?

I've been playing SF II (Mostly NC and Turbo which again USFII is based on) since I was a kid although III is my weakness (I have the worst Ryu game with that series but I will have a grin on my face as I'm getting murdered) My HRAP should be in tomorrow (which means I'll get it this weekend - two jobs and a PO BOX) so I'll get some play time with it then.

Did you (or anybody really) see the eclipse today? I took off work to take pictures. I don't live in a totality zone but I was very pleased with what i saw.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Yes. I used a welding helmet from the tool room at work and watched it from Madison, WI. It was about 85-90% covered. You couldn't see anything just looking up in the sky- it just looked like the sun (although everything was much dimmer- it wasn't very bright outside at all), but as soon as I looked through the welding visor I could actually see the moon blocking the sun. It was so amazing to see!

My mom and uncle actually drove all the way down to Tennessee so that they could view it in the umbra. My uncle is really big into astronomy and all that type of stuff so he has special telescopes and all kinds of equipment to use to view this. I really should've scheduled some vacation and gone down there with them.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

KirbyTheVampire

Nope. I'm not convinced that even with glasses or other eye protection, looking at it won't result in eye damage. Even if it's only an almost imperceptible amount of damage, and even if it only shows up in old age, I don't think it's worth it. I haven't done much research on it or anything, but I generally just don't think purposely looking at the sun is a good idea, protection or not.

KirbyTheVampire

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH NOICE! I wanted to drive to Idaho, but my after the taiko conference my funds took a long look at me and laughed. This was better though. I pulled out my telescope, attached my solar filter, apparently forgot to charge my camera battery (only downside) and then set up a lawn chair and got to work. I got a few pics in with my cellphone but I was just happy to see it in the peace and quiet of my home. I'll be traveling for the 2024 one though (hopefully by then I'll be done with grad school and thus will no longer be an amateur astronomer/astrophysicist...I need a money tree).

On topic: Unruly heroes reminds me of rayman in artstyle and I'm looking forward to the FE Heroes character reveals!!!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

@Ryu_Niiyama You guys are lucky. The next one in Europe is in 2026 and will only be visible from north-eastern Spain, just before sunset. I believe it's the only one in the next few decades too. It will take place in August fortunately, so maybe I can combine it with a one or two-week holiday to Spain/Portugal.

@KirbyTheVampire It's 100% safe if you know what you're doing.

Octane

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama We drove to a nearby town that was in the path of the total eclipse. Absolutely magnificent experience! I've never seen the world drain of light that quickly, and being able to look at the sun directly, with stars visible to the naked eye, was wild.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

So uh... anyone looking for SNES Classic?

Might wanna preorder RIGHT NOW

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-entertainment-system-sn...

IceClimbers

Nice to see PayPal as an option. Also coming to Nintendo's website. 3DS and Wii U content can be purchased via PayPal on the website, though not on the systems themselves

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OorWullie

I just learned from the Nintendo Direct Wiki page that there will be a Mario Odyssey Direct tomorrow and a Samus Returns one the next day. "Nintendo Direct Live from Gamescom" the shows are called.
I remember reading a few weeks ago that there will be a live stream of some games from Gamescom but I never thought anything of it.The fact they're calling the shows "Directs" though suggests there might be more to them,or does it?

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

electrolite77

@Therad

Yeah good point. I've got this vague 'some early in 2019’ date in mind to make the jump to PC really. I got discounted XBLG and PS+ subscriptions paid up until then as well as hefty game backlogs. My current laptop, while not great for modern gaming, is still going strong for everyday use. Oh and we've a baby due in September (it 2nd) so early 2019 seems like the point to make the jump.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

GrailUK

The Final Fantasy XV team are interested in reaching an audience that play on a certain other machine that rhymes with Twitch. No idea what this means...so delete if I posted in the wrong thread

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

TuVictus

Of all the final fantasy games to come to switch, 15 would probably be the one I'd want them to port over the least. Probably not possible but I'd kill for a port of 10/10-2/12 HD remasters

TuVictus

JaxonH

Truthfully, those are the FF games I'd rather see also.

The classics always endure. And turn based lends itself well to portable play.

If they don't bring X/X-2 something is seriously wrong with them. No reason for that to only be on PS consoles.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic